• Peanut
    Can anyone recommend me good books to read? Any genre .Non fiction works best though.And Admin :shade: don't delete it please .
  • karl
    if you like sci-fi with a weird Stephen king twist try the Dark Tower books.
  • Bobert
    good topic ... Think anyone and everyone should post a "Good Read"
  • Peanut
    I love sci-fi .I'll give them a try .Thanks :smile:
  • Peanut
    Agreed. Do u read novels?
  • karl
    Dark tower was made into a movie, but with most Stephen King books that are made for the big screen it sucked.
  • karl
    Are you folks going to war with China?
  • Peanut
    :lol: haha..I don't know.But talks are underway but war seems very very unlikely.No one can afford bloodshed in a bloodshed right now :smile: .But we do have a full fledged Chinese product boycott going on.Will last or not,not sure..They killed 20 of our soldiers and got 39 of theirs killed as per reports.Don't know what one gains at the end of the day other thn fulfilling agendas of political parties.Are we scared to go to war? No.But can anyone afford to ?-Not at all. Economic repercussions would be unprecedented. China with a communist regime wants to rule everyone. Gave unnecessary details here but in short-No I don't think a war will happen unless the escalation keeps on continuing .We have worst neighbours tbh-PAKISTAN,CHINA AND NOW NEPAL AS WELL.
    U WOULD HATE TO BE US AT TIMES
  • karl
    lol! yeah, your neighbors arnt so great.:( well, hopefully not and yeah, China is trying to divert attention from their massive fail will the covid 19 virus...sigh
  • Peanut
    With the global backlash they're facing,I hope a common sense prevails and 1.Stop altering Autonomous status of Honk Kong
    2.Stop interfering inTaiwanese affairs..
    3.Free Tibet
    Trust me,If given a leverage,China would want to rule every country :shade: Chinese people are not bad .Govt is sick
  • karl
    I agree! idiots here in America are trying to go communist..freaking crazy!
  • Peanut
    One thing I know about Americans or a speculation-They love freedom. And can restrict that only for certain period of time.Can't hold them for long.
    :lol: u guys have Mr.Trump. He is a weird lil fellow :lol:
  • karl
    yeah, that's a good and bad thing. we have idiots taking over sections of cities and calling them "automonous zones" where police are not allowed...they are basically hippy communes with slackers that dont work and smoke marijuana all day.
  • Peanut
    Are we talking about the movement? Anyone would want the movement to go on but I think arson,looting stores-how does that justify a police brutality? You are vandalising and breaking,robbing stores which belong to locals .Genuine protestors are not doing that. The movement could be politically sponsored as you guys move on. And coming back to your claim about random protestors calling cetain zones as autonomous..That is bizarre,not your claim but the fact that people are actually doing that as I read in news Even in India,we are supporting the movement although on social media but let's not taint a movement like #MeTOO ,both for a genuine cause but was ruined by opportunistic group of people,which ultimately led to MeTOO losing its purpose.
  • Bobert
    "Economic repercussions would be unprecedented"

F**k Money ....

One life is two many .....
  • J Zerbs
    The dark tower movie was bad. Heard years ago they were going to make a HBO series based on the dark tower books. It obviously didn't happen but i think that'd be the way to go vs doing a movie. Read the first 5 books of the series but not the last 2, now that you reminded me about the dark tower books maybe ill end up reading the last 2.
  • karl
    I only read the first three, I don't read as much as I used to and that movie certainly didn't pique my interest
  • Peanut
    Well money matters as well.No money,no food.Air is free though :sad: .Millions die of hunger and poverty so money matters..so does Covid..Pandemic sucks
  • Peanut
    and agree..People will lose lives.No sane person would advocate a war unless that sane person is outright couch potato self certified nationalist .
  • sharonh
    Across Five Aprils....is about a family during Civil War
    Anything by Jane Austen appears to good
    Anne of Green Gable series (Anne books and Jane Austen are more for women)
    Gene Porter Stratton books are goods and usually have nature in them (again may appeal to women more)
    Great Divorce and Screwtape Letters by C S Lewis. Great Divorce is about Heaven/Hell/purgatory sort of confusing I had to read some sections twice.
    @Peanut to get back on topic
  • Peanut
    Your suggestions came with a warning :lol: but il try all,not at once..ACROSS five April's looks good .Googled it as well.Thanks a lot for the suggestion.I have taken up a mid year resolution of reading around 1000 books my entire lifetime..So that I can be cool in front of my grandkids when I get old.Jokes apart,book reading always intrigued me. For me,books are next thing closer to actual life .It is a mental exercise where author is a storyteller and you are the character builder..it's amazing how our mind works ..how everyone visualises characters ina different way ...movies don't have enough time to do justice to books..Again diverting from topic..Thanks for the recommendation
  • Linnea
    John Connolly has an excellent series.
  • Peanut
    Thanks for the suggestion Linnea. :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.