• Donna
    That's terrible! Times like these bring out the best in the best of us and the absolute WORST on the worst of us.
  • godseeconomy
    Self preservation behaviour of fallen humanity.
  • Donna
    We are all fallen, but we don't all behave like that, though. Much better to have more of a "We're all in this together" attitude than an "Every man for himself" one.
  • Peanut
    Hoarding is not because there will be shortage of supplies..it's because people are scared the prices will increase exponentially in coming weeks..In India,we are still not into Phase 3 of the spread..nd if that happens,we for sure are doomed with a population that can cause Earthquake .

But we have taken immediate measures like cops here are actually physically assaulting u to stopu from coming outside(might sound inhumane but a slap here and there is better than u roaming around like u own innocent lives ..)
    U might not want to blame china but For me,they have been the root cause of 2 coronavirus epidemics..(this one though has turned into a pandemic)..one in 2002-03 I guess..There was one in Saudi Arabia as well I guess
    The best way to cope here is -QUARANTINE YOURSELF..MAINTAIN PROPER HYGEINE..
    ..Im in my 20's but don't have this misconceptions that people in their 20's or 30's are not vulnerable..I'm not letting my mother leave the house..You should also protect ur elders..I hope no one dies from this...No one ..
    Only positive coming out of this-POLLUTION LEVELS HAVE TAKEN A STEEP FALL
  • CHRISTINE KNAPP
    I so agree!!! All of my working years, I've been in civil service positions. We gave 100% to our community, day in & day out.
  • Peanut
    https://time.com/5807669/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna/
    I hope univox won't mind..it's just a news article
  • godseeconomy
    You have a point. Then Governments should make it a law to fine such companies for hiking up prices, the scared ones would not have to hoard for fear of skyhigh prices of staples. Indeed, the environment has benefited out of this situation. No vehicles, no gondolas, even otters are now seen on some main streets now that human and vehicular traffic are significantly reduced.
  • cjsenour
    Without the gondolas in Italy, the canals are now crystal clear. Should tell us something.
  • godseeconomy
    We humans certainly damage the environment. Just look at the littering you see on the streets. I have even seen drivers/passengers discarding their food boxes from their cars. They were very posh expensive cars!! Just shows up their mentality! Their standards! If no bins, they should have a plastic bag in their car to collect such rubbish to take home to their rubbish bins. I also see lots of fly tipping!!
  • Nat M
    Less then 24 hours to go and Queensland is closing its borders to the rest of Australia. My son is in New South Wales teaching so do not know when we will see him next.

As Peanut said shops bumping up their prices. Have already seen that here.

But today had a good deed from the Post Office. Needed to send toilet paper (other stuff as well) to my son in New South Wales (had to find some first). Where he is teaching is at Hare Krsna community and they are in lock down.
    Packed everything up in a box, go to P.O , $61. :gasp: Had to do some repacking and drop the weight. As a gesture, the P.O lady said since it is going to your son. $25 Express Post (he will get it tomorrow). Thanked her. :pray:

Still expensive toilet paper :rofl:
  • Bobert
    Reading above... Messes caused by "us"
    We...most..are responsible enough to clear up after ourselves.. Why drop litter
    Why not take it home, why destroy, why waste, why not recycle, why not care, why not help, why not do your part, why not take notice........ Why do 90% of people think Greta Thunberg a bratty propaganda child ...
    All she's saying is .,.,. Look what you're doing...look what you've done... Change your ways big business..contaminants... Fxxxxg uproar
    My point... "the powers that be" dont G A F ....
    Now the powers that be... Are saying....stay home home...stay away ... Lots of humans
    "No'' .... You dont listen to us... We aint listening to you, if we get it we get it, we're all going to get it...why not now .....
    Thousands and thousands of years we been here .,.,.in this "modern" era of civilisation ...
    Our most "advanced" times ....
    But still.....money money money..costs...corruption...greeed...
    Inconcideration....
    "I want food, I'm buying food, so much of it I'll not eat it in a year...because I dont care about you and that you dont have nappies or baby formula'' ....
    People are donating hugely, Big huisnesses, to food banks...people are now breaking into food banks....
    As a whole...the human...in times of crisis...33% suck,deplorable... And I'd say that age range is 18 - 28
    I know I'm thinking the worst.... But I can so see ...getting way worse ... Shone a light on true colours of solidarity ....
  • Bobert
    5d7tiw8vclhsvxz7.png

24/3rd .....
  • cjsenour
    I live in the country about a mile from the nearest small town and its fast food restaurants and 1/2 mile from a state park the other way. Before I can mow every week, I need to clean up the yard. I have found shirts, shoes and underwear (are people going home naked?) Many bottles and cans and plastic bags and Styrofoam containers,. The worst, however, are dirty diapers and used feminine products. I hardly have time to put the trash bag in the garage and start mowing before I have more in the yard. Very frustrating to say nothing of unhygienic.
  • godseeconomy
    That's terrible. How inconsiderate of people!! Thankfully, my neighbourhood is much more civilised!! If only you have a way to capture the persons doing that and present the evidence to the Council or police or health enforcement authorities!!
  • cjsenour
    Many are tourists visiting the park. I guess they don't care since they don't live here.
  • Peanut
    Yes mate..Though it looks like Post apocalyptic world out there ...It's like A Walking Dead movie. ON THE other side,Jair Bolsanero-Brazilian President is considering this as overhype created by media ...
    I seriously don't know why USA or Italy-Infrastructurally equipped countries are struggling..
  • Peanut
    That can be a speculation..
  • Bobert
    kgau5wqysdpqsngh.png
    81x50fzlocqh6epf.png

One day ...
  • Bobert
    rdl0t75p4dkzlql4.png
    owqj8nfhza7woupr.png
    qcznqeugsj4qijk9.png

2 Days ...
  • Bobert
    Every 43 seconds ...one more loss

"A single Death is a tragedy, a million deaths, is a statistic''
  • Bobert
    v56ne32xhttd6sum.png
    udde6ycglotdff18.png
    tltzyoa1y1v486vb.png
    lwc2gzg3tzvlcyf9.png

24/5/6/7th of the 3rd

If I wasn't worried before ....
  • Bobert
    6.500 new cases per hour ...
  • Bob Dack
    Attachment
    Trump - Coronavirus Calendar of Lies - 20200319-WA0067 (9M)
  • godseeconomy
    He is from another world!
  • J Zerbs
    Did you hear about what he did at first with Michigan and Washington?
  • Nat M
    Australia our new cases dropped yesterday and today.

The website;https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countriesgives you a break down of every country effected.
    Spain had a very high day of new cases
  • godseeconomy
    Not supplying protective equipment etc because those 2 governors were not appreciative of his actions so far ?
  • Bobert
    I don't know about yous guys
    But the more I read, the more I absorb
    The more I over think things
    The bad butterflies turn into a tsunami
    When my mind turns to absolute worst case scenario
    My anxiety wants to blow the top of my skull off
    I cant survey
    As I just can't get my head around basic anything
    I click to take ...then....meh....trivial repetative bumph..makes me close it down
    Like....why do I give a $h!t about your
    What price would you pay
    What price is too much
    What price is so low you'd question the quality ...
    You have a 100 coins
    Please share them out between these 12 catogories of importance...
    No.....F.Right.Off
    I don't care anymore ......
    The pit of my stomach churns with the unknowing
    It's like being on death row ....
    I went down the supermarket today...masked up..
    They were queuing around the car park..
    Security guard letting one in as one came out..
    Not for me ...did one ...
    I'm now eating frost bitten bottom of the freezer food
    I'll be chewing on cat biscuits soon
    Then the cat....
    Can't get a delivery ...
    "The vulnerable n oldies"
    Yeah fair enough ..... But the rest of us need food ...
    I'm going insane...
    Insaner....
    I'm gunna take my knife n fork to the nearest farm
    And chase a bull round the feild ..
    I'm not on the brink...quite yet..
    I wonder if freezer sales have gone up..people stocking more
    My electric flickers at peak time... Usage of fuels must have doubled...utilty companies and power grids must be frying...
    I could go on ...
    Think I'll take up alcoholism ... Oh wait....

This has brought out the utmost best...and worst of the human race

The news...uk (just now)
    20.000 NHS staff return from retirement
    Boris would'nt even give them a pay rise last year..now...the life line risking death ...to assist in our times of need...
    A breathing aid that helps keep patients out of intensive care developed by ..no other than scientists working with the Mclaren Williams Mercedes F1 teams of all people, "covent:19'' in less than a week ...
    If you got this far... :hugs:
    *Wanders off*
  • Bobert
    They're doing something right then ... No increase is a win ...
  • Bobert
    Please take our covid related ....sharks...survey

ldj2n1xi6lmptwsm.png

Please jump,onboard at these times of ...you may or may not die this year.. opportunities ..
  • cjsenour
    I see some advertisements as more of a way to drum up business than a real concern for customers. However, with so many businesses having to close, it only makes sense for them to try new ways to make money. As for funeral directors, since there is social distancing, there have to be new ways to hold funerals. Anyway, it is a good idea to think about your own funeral and prepare. It sure takes a burden off of the loved ones left behind. I know from experience since my husband and mother died seven months apart about ten years ago.
  • godseeconomy
    That was tough indeed. We have a funeral plan in place.
  • godseeconomy
    A dear church member, in his 40s, has been admitted to hospital tonight with suspected Covid19. He has difficulty in breathing. His wife is also unwell. Their son is about 6 years old. They have no relatives in the country. We are praying that he will recover and be rendered the best care and a rapid recovery. His wife anxieties will be alleviated. Oh, Lord, hear our cry.
  • van moere
    wat doe ge met al dat wc papier dat neemt toch plaats in
  • Bob Dack
    Attachment
    VIDEO-2020-03-27-06-58-44 (6M)
  • godseeconomy
    Yes, the environment has benefited from our lockdowns! Get electric cars instead of gas when coronavirus crisis is over!
  • godseeconomy
    Happy to report our friend has been discharged from hospital with Antibiotics. He tested Covid 19 negative. Though required o2 for a few days. Treated for severe pneumonia. Still on antibiotics. This morning his wife was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he was first taken to! Hopefully, she too would improve with IV antibiotics and cannula o2. We are so thankful that they both didn't get admitted to hospital at the same time as they have a little child at home! It was so reassuring to hear the youngster happily playing in the background when we were talking to his dad.
  • Nat M
    My dad turning 82 this year hasn't left the farm since this all started. Has told us that our grandmothers sisters died from the Spainish Flu.
    First time he hasn't voted in the council elections which we had about 2 weeks ago. But they are exempted the elderly from voting so he won't get a fine. AUD $133
    Has to go and get a flu shot so told my brother to see if the nurse can come to the car or do it outside the hospital. The town is only little but you never know what is creeping around.
  • godseeconomy
    Watch over Nat's dad, keep him in good health and safe, dear Lord.
  • Carol hughes

So sorry your Dad is going through this
    I hope the Nurse will come to the car for him
    These are really scary times
    I hope this will end soon
  • Nat M

Thanks !
    I live 2000km away from them and can only set instructions over the phone for them. Like asking the nurse to come to the car, they would have never thought of that.
  • Tricia889
    . Took my cat, (who was very sick) to the vet today. I had to leave the cat outside in the cage in front of the vets office per their instructions . I had to then get in my car and call them . They came outside in full protective gear , picked my kitty up , then when they were done they called me and left him outside to be picked up .

Living in a hot spot . We have about half of the cases in all of Canada here . I know someone who's brother in law passed away in his 30s . No pre existing conditions . Day 11 of symptoms it all of a sudden got worse . Hopefully Boris Johnson will make out ok . Scary . It seems to affect men worse for some reason .

Here's to better days ahead :)
  • godseeconomy
    Amen to better days ahead. Not soon enough.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.