• Donna
    I have a nice toilet paper story...
    I went out yesterday in search of a few basic things - a loaf of bread or two, some, ANY kind of canned goods,but above all - TOILET PAPER!!! I decided not to go to the Walmart or Meijer near me and went to the ones a little further away. I headed south of us. The further south you go, it gets a little more rural, and I thought people out that way might be a little more civilized and not have picked the stores clean like a bunch of animals. Our Meijer had a 5 packages of toilet paper limit, but a lot of good that does when someone can still buy 5 packages and walk off with over 100 rolls of toilet paper when they don't need that much! Nobody needs that much!
    I walked into the store and noticed right away that people here and there had TOILET PAPER (cue angels singing) in their carts. So right away, I hurried to the back of the store where they stock it and it was gone. I had JUST MISSED the truck! It made me mad because I saw one older woman with 4 large packages in her cart and found out that people grabbed whole boxes before they could even be opened. I walked around the store and at least found some bread and some canned goods. Then I had a thought that I would just run down the street to Aldi and see if they had anything that I was about to purchase from Meijer because it would be cheaper at Aldi. So I put my cart with the bread and canned goods out of the way and left to go to Aldi. Picked up a few things at Aldi, and still had to go back to Meijer for some of the things I had in my cart.
    When I got back to Meijer, (my cart was still where I left it), I AGAIN saw that some people had TOILET PAPER (the angels are singing again!). Once more, I hurried to the back of the store, and turned down the paper goods aisle and it looked like there were people waiting at the far end of the aisle. I thought to myself, "Oh please maybe they are waiting for more boxes to be brought in." So as I am walking down the aisle, a man and a woman in their 30s, maybe, were coming towards me pushing their cart and they had toilet paper. Suddenly, the man said to me, "Do you need toilet paper? We really don't need this." And he took the toilet paper out of their cart and put it in mine! (Cue the angel chorus again.)
    I think my eyes must have gotten huge, and I said, "Oh my gosh, REALLY??? Thank you so much, and God bless you!"
    They gave me a 24 mega roll pack. I actually felt guilty taking that big of a package. As I was walking to my car, I passed a couple of people, and asked them if they needed any toilet paper! I told them I did not know if there was any more in the store, but if they were going in for toilet paper, I would be happy to open my package and share a few rolls with them! One women thanked me saying, "Oh my, that is so sweet!", but they had enough at home.
    I'll check and make sure my neighbors have some tomorrow!
  • Bobert
    I ran out
    Bought charcoal
    Paper plates
    Plastic forks
    Napkins
    I got it wrong
    I thought everyone was..
    Picnic buying...
  • godseeconomy
    Yes, my daughter and her husband had a personal scare. Their child woke up at 3 am crying. He had a very high temperature and a cough. The gave him paracetamol. Comforted him and put him back to sleep. They kept checking on him from them on. When he woke up at 7.30 am, he seemed ok, no fever. Just as well, he hadn't been in school mixing with other children. Otherwise they would be concerned if he had picked up a bug from any of the children or the teachers etc. Best to stay in until this pestilence blows over. As for myself and husband, as we're over 70, we might have to self isolate. We have a home meeting every Tuesday afternoon, some members are having colds, etc. We are going to have video meeting instead. I am not happy to have them come to our home as normal. Got to be sensible.
  • karl
    meh, my nephew who lives in Chicago has a girlfriend whose mother came in contact with a confirmed case, he has self quarantined himself and is kind of freaking out because he usually only grocery shop for a few days worth of items and he doesn't know when he is going to get paid for these two weeks he will be off work and is worried about his bills. he has asked family members to send him care packages of food. he is 23, so not really worried about his health, going to send him some canned goods tomorrow.
  • Carol hughes

Stay Safe This is such a scary thing
    I have been going to the store for basic items but now I'm afraid to leave the house so I think I am staying put. I will be 70 this year
  • Carol hughes
    So great that you can help him
  • sharonh
    mine too. and I have two just getting over regular flu...and the other two (one is me) have colds.....wash, wash, and rewash
  • Bobert
    I think there are extra bugs about, it's like this virus has kick started a flu/cold bug uprising... I know loads with .,.,.coughs colds sneezes .. Migrainey zig zags ..
  • godseeconomy
    I shall be glad when UK Gov't announces Over 70s to be isolated. Then I won't feel guilty about not travelling to the Midlands for a funeral.
  • Carol hughes

You shouldn't feel guilty this Corona thing is very serious not worth taking a chance
  • Donna
    How is your grandson doing?
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks for asking, Donna. He is well as is his baby brother of 5/12. Samuele is coming up to 4 years. He loves his little brother. Fortunately, he has never displayed jealousy towards his sibling. He dotes on him inf act! They let Samuele burn off his energy in their courtyard!. He has been joining the balcony applause to the medical staff from their own balcony!! We miss them and often worry about the adults catching the virus. It seems young children can fight this better than the adults.
  • karl
    geez..Italy had almost 500 deaths yesterday. something not to look forward to in America. mother works at Ford Motor company, they are shutting down tomorrow for at least 2 weeks,
  • sharonh
    lack of hospital beds....sending people home to die
  • karl
    yeah, if u are over 80 and sick in ITALy...SAY GOOD BYE
  • karl
    without doing any research and just things I have heard through the years, Italy's population has been in decline they have been seriously concerned about it, which in turn makes for an older population, they can see some serious reduction in population if this sticks around a bit.
  • karl
    watching the news and some of the stupid people they are interviewing..either they think its no big deal or even some usic people being mad their concerfs are cancled
  • godseeconomy
    The most affected country after China. Nearly 3000 deceased. RIP.:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
  • sharonh
    I have little enthusiasm for surveys in general the past few days. What is the use of having "fun money" when I am too afraid to enter a retail store to buy anything and retail establisments (except grocery and pharmacies) will likely be the next to be given the axe. Watching the news, I knew what was coming so I got a hair cut two weeks ago. Yup, Hair salons in the state are now closing.
  • Carol hughes

It's a very scary thing I feel like I'm on lockdown now but soon I will have to go to the store for some staples I hope to go early in the morning before it's to crowded if there is such a thing.
  • karl
    haven't had a hair cut in like 5 years, but I get it, shut it down. times are unprecedentent, its crtazy and scary, but, remember life was pretty good 3 weeks ago and other than the corona virus scaring folks, not much has changed
  • sharonh
    Many stores around here that used to be 24 hours open are closing around 9 or 10 pm and reopening 6am or 7 am. These stores are requesting that the first hour be for vulnerable people....elderly or people with health issues.

The shelves, I am assuming, would have some products on them at that time.
  • karl
    yes, they are having "elderly hours" which are nice...told my Dad and he doesn't gnerally get up til 9:30am or later...told him to get up earlier, not like he has anything to do(retired) they do it first thing, so store is srubbed and clean..told him to check ut the "curbside" function of the grocery stores, he has never used
  • Nat M
    Supermarkets here are opening an hour earlier for pensioners and people on disability. Between 7-8a.m.
    Australia has closed its borders, starts tomorrow, only Australian citizens are allowed back.
    No crowds of over 100 people.
  • Rob Aragones
    Be safe everyone! To those who are on lockdown, stay home and stay healthy!
  • godseeconomy
    The supermarkets in UK are also reserving the 1st hour to the elderly and the disabled.
  • godseeconomy
    We had a phone call from our best man's wife. She told us the funeral this Tuesday will only be at the graveside and only family members allowed to attend. We are so relieved. She is going to have a memorial service when all this virus issue is dusted and settled. O Lord, bless and comfort each of the Lander family at this difficult and painful time. One of their relatives in Switzerland is also unable to attend.
  • Bobert
    Its weird how Italy have lost more than China now
    Italy 60.4 million
    China 1.6 billion
    China says no new cases in 2 days .. Their panic over
    I don't know how but they need to tell all countries exactly how they've achieved this ....

There are many vulnerable people "3rd world countries"
    They will be decimated ... Refugees .. Asylum seekers, hoarded up in camps,.,.
    The only people keeping us going at the minute are health workers
    And apparant "meanial" employees .. Drivers, shelf stackers..store workers .. They are closing places down .,. Yet the food industry is soldiering on, risking death for us .... 18 - 28 year Olds going about their businesses ...unmasked..uncaring .. They won't die but will carry and spread on the virus ... Soon military will be on the streets .. We are very much on the verge .......
    They cant get supplies to stores fast enough ....the same people day after day hoarding and panic buying ...
    I was going to panic buy
    But only got as far as my bank balance before the panic set in ...
  • J Zerbs
    The mother of my sister's husband passed away yesterday. Last I heard they were also planning to wait until this blows over to have a funeral service.
  • godseeconomy
    Lord, comfort this family with Your supply and presence. Amen.
  • Carol hughes
    Stay Safe Everyone
    These are some really scary times we are facing
  • sharonh
    What is even weirder.....is North Korea has no cases on the pandemic map I use. How is THAT possible?
  • Bobert
    hg1v25k4qkgch2sa.png
    Italy is not improving
  • Tricia889
    They have been limiting funerals to 10 people max around here .

I was thinking .....Germ warfare wouldn't be pleasant , you could keep your enemy in the house for many years.

Italy is bringing in the military to enforce the lock down, which started on March 9th . That's 12 days . They say it takes 14 . People don't adhere to lock downs . They have had problems and arrested people here who test positive and still go out.

North America is exactly where Italy was 2-3 weeks ago . We better open our bag of tricks .

Germany had a 20 percent increase in one day they said on CNN . :cry:
  • sharonh
    I don't believe for one second that China has no new cases..........
  • karl
    they say "no new cases" internally, they say all new cases are being brought in by citizens returning from other countries, but, yh, still hard to believe....or they know something we dont
  • Bobert
    Also Italys death rate is above 8%?
  • karl
    I know Italy has had population problems for years, they are not having enough babies to keep their pop up, so they probably have a more older population than other countries.
  • J Zerbs
    I'm sure there are cases there they're just not reporting it, not surprising given the way north Korea goes about things
  • Nat M
    North Korea is in its own world. ........very few tourists ........need permission to leave country.
    No outside media ..........so no information can get out
  • godseeconomy
    Because of this virus, we had our 1st church meeting in small groups via zoom. Learning to get used to working out this zoom program. Many of us not techy!! It was a fun morning of sharing. We'll be doing the same for prayer meeting, children's meeting. seminars and conferences. Virus or not, we shall not neglect the assembling of the members. Not face to face, in a distance but we shall still meet in spirit! We shall overcome!! Praise God. If there is a will, there is a way, despite lockdowns, social isolation/distancing.
  • CHRISTINE KNAPP
    Here's the other side of your story...my daughter has worked for 30 years (pediatrics) in one of the largest healthcare systems in California. In the past week, they have been limiting only the patient & ONE parent or guardian into the exam rooms. One parent told her that he pays a $1,000 insurance premium every month and he demanded that he be given a box of LARGE latex gloves to take home. She explained that ALL supplies come out of their department budget and without supplies, they'd have to close down and to check if there were any available to purchase at any of the 3 pharmacies on the premises..she was going in & out of 2 exam rooms, the patient and parent left the facility after seeing the M.D. BTW, at this time they are using only 2 exam rooms for ill children..the other exam rooms-in another wing are reserved for well-baby checks and/or injuries. After the child & parent left, she went in to sanitize (and re-stock supplies) and discovered an entire, never opened box of LARGE latex gloves missing from the room...my daughter asked the M.D. if she gave the parent a box of gloves and the M.D. replied "no." (The M.D. uses only SMALL size) The parent stole the box of gloves via a diaper bag! There is a precise number of supplies stocked for each exam room--after each patient--even down to how many tongue depressors, rolls of gauze, slings, band aids & instruments, etc. are to be in each exam room. Sad, very sad~~~~~
  • J Zerbs
    Pretty good, plaudit for that one.
  • godseeconomy
    A case of 'I'm alright Jack' ??
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.

More Discussions