• karl
    Just saw Prez Trump say every american(within reason, no millionaires) will be receiving a $1000 check in the next two weeks!
  • godseeconomy
    Fortunate for the Americans as you have Fort Knox!!!!! You, lucky people, born with a silver or is it gold, spoon !!!!
  • karl
    unfortunately, Fort Knox is going broke, going to have over a 1 trillion deficit this year
  • J Zerbs
    Have seen it proposed and seems like it'll probably happen but last I seen nothing official yet.

Unless you're a millionaire or make over whatever $ amount per year they decide on you'll receive it under the proposition.
  • godseeconomy
    Will you quality for the handout?
  • Nat M
    We are getting AUD $750 cheque end of month.
    Would prefer the US$1000 check instead..........
  • J Zerbs
    I'd imagine, don't see why I wouldn't. Sounds like it'll happen, apparently has the support of both parties so sounds like they just need to work on the details.
  • J Zerbs
    I'd think most our US members here would be eligible to receive it. Doubt there's many members who are millionaires here.

How about you? Have they sent or anything similar being discussed in your neck of the woods?

We were already running a huge deficit this year (why when up to recently the economy was best it's been in years should it be so high? But that's a different topic for another day) and this will add more but something like this needs to be done. With so many businesses closing there are far too many out of work, especially low to mid income employees who can't afford to take weeks or a month off.
  • godseeconomy
    Count your blessings, name them 1 by 1 and it will surprise you what The Lord has done!!!
  • godseeconomy
    Not a sausage from UK Gov't yet. How could the Gov't afford this handout? I am not gunning for it.
  • Kerwin Cross
    Most thought @Andrew Yang was losing his mine! #Math :gasp:
    yeh49k96r4nxnuum.gif
  • karl
    a democrat that was running for President, he had some crazy ideas about giving all Americans a "living wage" basically guarantee everyone had enough money for essentials and bills.
  • J Zerbs
    They spend a trillion on military (that we know about) each year, which is more than the next highest 9 countries combined spend. If they can do that they can come up with the $ for this one time.
  • godseeconomy
    I think this is a very caring plan to execute. Care for her fellow citizens. USA is a very rich country, why do you still have people in such abject poverty? Why don't USA have free health for her poor citizens?
  • karl
    LOL! ask are pitiful politicians. the price tag for free healthcare is astronomical. we would have to tax are citizens at 40
    % or greater .to pay for it.
  • karl
    probably going to be more than 1k, with another check in May if it keeps up. I have seen every American, so families would get x amount for kids and what not. it would also be based on what your income is
  • Katherine Fragale
    Being a millionaire in US doesnt make you rich anymore. Need to be a multi millionaire.
  • Bobert
    If you cant live out the rest of your years on a million ... Then there's something seriously wrong ...
  • J Zerbs
    depends on your age and whether you're single or married, have kids, etc. If your going to live only 20 more years that's 50k a year which is plenty enough if you live a reasonable lifestyle. If it's 50-65 years its only 15-20k a year. Of course where you live plays a big factor too, 1 million goes a lot farther (2-3x) in say a small to medium size city in the Midwest vs. NYC. Overall though agree a million should last if not the rest of your life most of it.

Doesn't make you rich anymore but i still think it puts you pretty close. Seen a survey a couple weeks ago that said 2.5 million is now the number the average American thinks someone needs to have to be considered rich.
  • KellyD
    Hi Karl. Did they say the money will be given to only people who work. What about people who do not work? Thanks for any information.
  • karl
    it was my understanding as of yesterday that they were talking every American....have the news on now and they haven't really talked about it today....so not sure as of now.
  • KellyD
    Ok thanks. The news was so depressing that I stopped watching but will turn back on. Thank you for replying. Stay well and safe.
  • J Zerbs
    As far as I know they havent specified any details yet. In the past when they did stimulus checks as long as you filed a tax return you would get the check, even if you didn't get a return or owe $. They have been saying everyone so who knows, guess its wait and see.
  • KellyD
    Crap. Didnt file. No money for me. I better join more survey sites and work my butt off! Thanks for the information.
  • J Zerbs
    You could file for for last year it's free a lot of places, irs.gov or one of the big tax processing chains. Normally wouldn't be worth it if you don't owe or have a return coming but if and thats a big IF This upcoming payment is given to everyone who filed it would be worth filing.
  • KellyD
    Thanks! I will try online. Again, thanks for replying and helping me. Stay well and safe!
  • cjsenour
    AARP is trying to make sure the senior citizens on social security get their share. Most of us file, but some living only on social security don't make enough to.
  • Katherine Fragale
    I live in New York. 1 Million would probably last about 10 years and that is living very conservative.
  • Bobert
    You'd get 50k a year interest at 5% ???
  • Bobert
    Indeed... You could these days spend easily, this amount, on a car, a boat, a house, "art"
    A watch, a necklace, a single gem stone .... Priorities ..... Luxuries v necessities
  • Bobert
    nothing conservative about spending $2.000 a week
  • J Zerbs
    have had the what if you got a million dollars question in surveys before. I'd invest most of it, as you alluded to above the interest payments alone would be enough to live on.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.