• frances turkel
    iTS 99 DEGREES TODAY THATS HOT YES ITS NOT SUMMER YET YI'S
  • Paulgro
    will be 103. Right now 100. This weekend it will be boiling!!
  • Edgar
    California relámpagos la mayor parte del día fuertes vientos y precipitación
  • Paulgro
    It is 9:45 PM here and still 101F compared to Saturday which they say will hit 117F I guess this is cool.
  • Syvynn
    Well it's currently 2:42pm and I'm sitting here with a Tornado Warning and some pretty bad storms. Waiting for Tropical Collin bands and himself to come and go!
  • godseeconomy
    It is so hot today. i was working in my t-shirt at work, needed a cardigan when going home due to the breeze. Still very sunny atm, 20degrees C.
  • Syvynn
    My neck of the woods, the darker the reds the worse it is. Plus it's hot and muggy feeling out there. Eck!

syou9kipkxgaefy9.png
  • J Zerbs
    Where do you live that 20 degrees Celsius ( 68 Fahrenheit) is considered hot in June?
  • Syvynn
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind if that was Florida's hot for June!
  • charsocal
    Tropical storm in the gulf, glad it is not heading my way.
  • frances turkel
    Here in Tucson its over hundred degrees thank G-d its not humid but, extremly wiondy just came back from buying the slacks I finally bought
  • Paulgro
    Today in my area of AZ it was actually the coolest at 109 and will stay around that until Friday when it will drop to 102. Might have to turn the heat on that day.
  • CHRISTUS
    In Vellore now at 5.30 pm it is 34 degree celsius . Humidity 45% Wind chill 34 degree celcius
  • bigdayqueen
    June starts rainy season here in Florida...So far we have had 10 straight days with rain...lol
  • Donna
    We need rain here in Michigan! I think we MIGHT get some tomorrow. Only downside is that it's supposed to be close to 90 tomorrow, which raises the possibility of severe storms.
  • Donna
    Lol! A cold front!
    I don't think I could take that kind of heat. The last few days in Michigan have been gorgeous! Actually chilly at night. Tomorrow suddenly it's supposed to be close to 90 degrees, and severe storms possible for some of us. Then thankfully it will go back down to around 80 or so for the next few days.
    I'd feel differently if we had air conditioning (we do, but only in our family room).
  • Paulgro
    Since I moved here to AZ 10 years ago I have seen as high as 120. I have a feeling I will see that this summer. Our hot season hasn't even started yet but it has been hotter then normal early this year. Today will be normal at 102.
  • Syvynn
    Currently in N. Florida it's 85° but it eels like 92° with 67% Humidity.

I loathe Florida but I don't envy anyone in AZ, .
  • Paulgro
    While it is hot here it is also a cheap place to live so we retired here. Back in NJ where the weather is pretty much like Florida I would have had to work till I died. Cost of living is why too high and the taxes will put you in the poor house.
  • Syvynn
    That's about the only thing I like about Florida, no state income tax, so we only have to file federal every year. Other than that, it's not expensive to live here at all. Some of the old forums I used to be part of, people would be talking about getting a new home and they would say how they were looking for this many sq feet or bedrooms. They would say how much it was going to cost them in their neighborhood, and I would pull up a comp in my area and beat their prices from anyways of 50,000-300,000. That's the main thing that has me still living here, my house is paid for.

Then again, there are expensive and non-expensive places all over. It's the location you pick. I'm inland from the beach (I never go there anyways, Jaws is real!!)
  • Paulgro
    I know what you mean about all over. There are places here in AZ that I could buy a tree house much less a house because of the cost. Our house is also paid off. I do have to pay state tax on my pension check at the end of the year even though my check comes from NJ but I don't pay tax to NJ for it but paying to AZ still bothers me because they did nothing to give me that check. Not much I can do about that. We don't have schools so no tax for that but we do pay to the county for the colleges in my county which isn't much. To make a long story short, I really don't have any complaints except the terrible heat in the summer but the winters are great and no more shoveling snow.
  • Syvynn
    My whole life - almost 39 years - has been here in Florida. I'd LOVE just one winter of Snow... a white Christmas, fall foliage!
  • frances turkel
    Its over a hundred and now its humid yuck
  • Paulgro
    I shoveled snow on the road department in NJ for 20 years and lived in the northeast until I was 56. I'm tired of snow. If I wanted to see it that bad all I have to do is drive north for 2 hours and there it is. See any alligators or are you away from them?
  • Paulgro
    Right now it's hotter where you are then here. 96 right now and will only be around 98 for a high but tomorrow back in the hundreds.
  • Syvynn
    I have a pregnant niece and her hubby in AZ, the rest of her family (my sis-in-law and family) lives in CO. Can never get the time to get past Alabama though.

Oh yeah, all the time. Hubby usually has to avoid them during hunting season when he's walking to his stands. They hunt with him!! That and snakes... we have a swampy area behind our acreage that they love.
  • Paulgro
    My sister lived in Kendall for about 25 years. They lived in a condo. If you know Kendall then you know that was part of the Everglades. Small world since I have a nephew that lives in Alabama. His wife came from there so they left Florida when he retired and moved there.
    You should find the time and visit them in Colorado if you want snow!!
  • J Zerbs
    It got up to 96 today, on Wednesday the high temperature was 61. That's Wisconsin though, as I've heard people say " if you don't like the weather just wait a few hours"
    I know some of my friends parents and/or family who are retired and live in Arizona or Florida from September/October-April/May and spend April/May to September/October here in Wisconsin. If I could afford it I'd do the same, late spring to mid-fall is really nice here but the winter sucks and in Florida/Arizona It's the opposite during the summer it's too hot but the rest of the year it's alright.
  • J Zerbs
    Yeah Jaws is real but you're more likely to be struck by lightning twice than be attacked by a shark.
  • Paulgro
    Starting end of June to the middle of July will be monsoon season which ends about the middle of September. During that time it can pour with heavy winds and lightning. Snowbirds have it made just going where the weather is good and not boiling during the summer.
  • Syvynn
    Nope, didn't know where Kendall was. Only time I go south is for Orlando or Tampa...and a rare visit long ago to Key West.

So I stay out of the water, Jaws solved. And I'm short so I don't go out in any open fields when there is a thunderstorm, lightning solved!! :)
  • Paulgro
    It's past Miami. I never did visit there in all the years they lived there.
  • Debasmita
    It's drizzling today.. Got some relief from the scorching sun
  • Donna
    Mentioned in another post yesterday that it was 39 degrees when my daughter and I went out for the school bus in the morning. This morning it's warmer at 52 degrees. That's better!
  • godseeconomy
    sunny but cold. warm enough indoors. nursing a chesty cough atm. will have to have many layers on venturing out tonight. i get ill easily now that i'm in the grey land
  • frances turkel
    This morning its in the high 80's and around noon its going to be around high 96 degrees throughout the whole week and weekend!
  • Donna
    Ugh. We are in the midst of a winter storm. The temps have been very mild so far this winter. So most of this storm will be in the form of rain for us. 2 to 3 inches of rain expected that will turn to freezing drizzle later today/tonight. I'm in SE Michigan, near the Ohio border.
  • karl
    I hear u Donna, in SE Michigan as well and the frozen ground has created a small lake in my backyard...lots of muddy dog prints to clean up as my doggies come in and out...I guess all this rain is better than 3 feet of snow, which is what it would amount to.
  • Donna
    Hey, fellow Michigander! You must still be further north of me. It really hasn't been cold enough for the ground to freeze here. We have a soft muddy mess. We are on the Huron River, so I'm expecting at least half of our yard to possibly be underwater when all is said and done.
  • karl
    yes, I am about 30 miles north of Detroit, top inch or two is thawed, but, its frozen under that, reason for it collecting
  • Carol hughes
    Very cold in Indiana today and a lot of rain
  • cjsenour
    How is yourhusband doing? I have been thinking about you.
  • Carol hughes

He came home yesterday is using the walker and will be starting Therapy at home next week
    Has improved a lot since surgery and hoping a lot more with the therapy
  • Charlene Bovert
    Wow, this is an old post.
    Balmy 70's and had bad storms here but sunny and upper 60's tomorrow. Pool time!!!!
  • cjsenour
    I was halfway down before I realized it was old. The first clue the mention of Feb.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Oh, it dosn't matter to me if it's old or new as it just kinda shocked me to see some of the oldtimers post's who use to be members but have left the site. Wish some of them would come back.
  • Donna
    I did post on a really old thread. Just figured I would add on to this one rather than create another new thread just to talk about the weather.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.