• Siegfried
    Many surveys ask questions about adverts you might have seen, but how useful can the results be? I invariably answer 'not seen' because I have an ad-blocker to take care of internet ads, and only ever watch commercial television by recording it, and extra fast forwarding the ad breaks, or I download or stream ad free versions of programmes.
    Rarely is there a chance to tell them it's not just their ads that are unseen, it is all adverts.

I have done a very large number of surveys, but I do not recall ever completing one about 'do
    you watch advertising at all?'

How can you tell them the only time you ever see adverts is doing surveys?
  • godseeconomy
    Survey designers need to consult us about advert adverse surveyors like us!! I also never watch adverts except during surveys!!
  • Siegfried

Good, I am not alone :-)

I am always puzzled about the emotional options they give as responses to the adverts.
    I would consider anyone who felt any sadness or joy or whatever, in the circumstances, to be seriously emotionall unstable. . I just select indifferent or confused. I am usually confused anyway.
  • cjsenour
    Off the subject a little, but I have trouble choosing emotions and personalities about companies and inanimate objects. For example, Nike is not fun loving, boring or female. It is a thing not a person!
  • godseeconomy
    The survey writers obviously can't differentiate between animate and inanimate matters!!
  • godseeconomy
    Sometimes they don't even have neutral option!
  • Siegfried
    I am inclined to choose 'sexually aroused' as it is sometimes available. Otherwise 'confused' covers it.

Many of the questions are unanswerable unless you are chairman of the board of a company. Even then, do you know what ALL your minions are doing?
  • sharonh
    I hate that "how would you describe this company" stuff, also.
  • J Zerbs
    The questions go too far but the emotions for commercials are at least somewhat understandable, you either like a ad, dislike it or don't care either way.
    What I don't like is the ones where you give human traits to companies or products or whatever.
  • Siegfried
    There is a very fundamental gulf between the minds of the survey writers and those of normal people.

Because they are paid to, the surveyors attach great significance to the products they ask about, but as consumers we really, really do not care that much which very similar product we pick.

They want their adverts to lodge in our subconsious minds and makes us grab their product, and it does work, but then they try to pick it to pieces with absurdly detailed questions about mental processes we do not even conciously notice.

I wish there were more 'I really don't care' optional answers.
  • sharonh
    I taken survey where detail of purchase was scrutinized...when did you first decide to purchase item, why did you decide.....broke down the entire process of buying something down to about 50 steps and needed answers for everything. I thought I would lose my mind. I think I have closed similar surveys, because....yes I really don't pay that much attention to my mental processes when buying something.
  • karl
    yh, some of these surveys are crazy, hate the ones where they want u to break down stuff into percentages, really!!??
  • sharonh
    I've had one (several times) that asked which of these grocery stores do you shop at. The only one was Trader Joe's, which I use for a few items every other month. Next question--What percentage of your grocery shopping do you do at the following stores. The only listed was Trader Joe's I put down 1% which it didn't like. Amount needed to total 100%. My options were to lie or close tab. Close tab.
  • Kingalfred
    Usually gives the "other" option where you type in .....
    "see previous answers"
    "sheesh what ya want, blood from a stone"
    "you could save us both some time if you knew how to conduct a survey"
    "you've asked me the same question a dozen times, just worded it different"
    "you ain't paying me enough for this $h!t"

Mood depends on my politeness....

Please type in your date of birth xx/xx/xxxx
    How old are you ......
    "you work it out, dumbass"
  • karl
    oh yeah, I let them know when they basically ask me the same question re worded
  • karl
    yes, that's annoying, I shop many places, but still breaking it down, it differs from week to week sale to sale
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.