• Carol hughes
    It was 49 degrees today but with the sun shining and no wind it felt rather nice
    I started cleaning up the branches and twigs in my backyard from all the windy weather we have had this winter still have a lot to do but that will be another day.
  • Kevin H
    Wasn't nice here at all at the moment, yesterday it was 34C promise of a thunderstorm which didn't arrive so it was very muggy, 19c overnight and same again today and possibly tomorrow. Really don't like the humidity
  • selva
    very hot - 45 degrees going to be touching in next few days...
  • godseeconomy
    Quite dull today, my mood reflected the day! Feeling rather sleepy, dopey, lacking in motivation .....
  • Carol hughes
    Cold here only 40 degrees and rainy
  • mikeee
    it's getting a bit warm
  • Paulgro
    Will be 110F by Wednesday the weather person says.
  • Carol hughes
    It's a little warm and humid today in Indiana but they are talking rain showers which will be good for my flowers
  • Sue De Biasi
    Cold, raining and windy
  • cjsenour
    Rained some last night in south eastern Indiana. Cloudy today with chance of rain. Storms tomorrow but nice Tuesday. Then more rain. Flowers are afraid to start growing although I do have a few daisy's and larkspur blooming. Seeds are still in the ground. Been mild temps. Grass growing well as are the weeds. So tired of rain!!! but will probably want some come August.
  • Kingalfred
    ... In the Uk , we mostly have rainy April,May but it held off, so we can get it all in June
  • godseeconomy
    Expected rain this weekend. Happily only raining on Friday!! Feels cooler and cloudy right now. Had to layer up with a cardigan.
  • Donna
    Yay! Nice day expected for tomorrow for my daughter's field day at school! 75 and sunshine.

I'll never forget the year she came home and got off the bus crying. On field day, the fire department visits the school and squirts all the kids with the fire hose, which is fine is it's warm/hot out. She was crying because on that particular field day, it was 50 degrees and cloudy and windy, and she came home wet and freezing. I was pretty mad that on a cold day like that, the adults didn't give the kids the option of whether they wanted to get wet or not. Kind of scary that those are the people teaching my daughter. :roll: :wink:
  • godseeconomy
    Field Day is the same ass Sports Day? Not familiar with term 'Field Day' Why would Fire Dept spray water on to children, warm day or otherwise?
  • Nat M

Same here Sports Day
  • selva
    its like a HOT OVEN
  • Donna
    Field Day Is a day of outdoor activities - some sport, other just outdoor fun activities like scooter races, a bounce house, three legged races - stuff like that.
    We live in a very small town - our fire department is made up of volunteer firemen. We don't have a full time, paid fire department. We have 1 fire station and 1 elementary school, and the fire department does stuff at the elementary school with the kids - like during Fire Safety Week, in addition to teaching the kids about fire safety, they bring the fire truck to the elementary school and the kids get to explore it, sit in it, etc. They also bring the gear they use and wear while on the job - coat, boots, helmet, etc. and the kids get to handle them and try them on if they want to.
    As for the squirting - on a hot day, the kids love it! Don't want you to think they squirt the kids with the full force of the hose - they spray the hose up in the air and the water rains down on the kids. That was always the highlight of the day as far as the kids were concerned!
  • godseeconomy
    In my childhood days, my father used to make bean bags for the bean bag races and buntings for decorations, for the School Sports Day.
  • Kingalfred
    still wet, flood damage here there and everywhere
  • Nat M
    Bringing up an old post. Bit warm here today

m7qdatqntpj2kgmq.jpg

That is outside under verandah.
  • mikeee
    We have a foot of snow on the ground so far this year.
  • Donna
    We have been having pretty mild weather here in SE Michigan. We had a snow day back on November 12th, and some pretty cold air - I think we had below 0 wind chills. But it warmed up again nicely. Next week we are going to have a couple of cold days (highs in the 20s), and then it will head back to mid to upper 30's. I can handle that! We have some kind of storm coming with rain turning to snow Monday into Tuesday. All of our snow from November 12th melted - no snow on the ground right now. :up:
  • Dianne1955
    It is 61 degrees and cloudy here in Bakersfield, California

Please all stay safe and warm

Dianne1955
  • cjsenour
    It is cold and sunny in east central Indiana. This weekend is supposed to get up in the 50's F and then drop sharply by Wednesday. No snow predicted. Should be nice for Christmas in Our Hometown Sunday. I live on a farm outside a town of 1500 people. At Christmas we have a parade, stores are open with give-away sign ups. There are activities for kids like a candy cane relay race and cookie decorating. The school choir will sing and the Spanish Club will sing carols in Spanish. There are also free carriage rides. Good fun for all,.
  • godseeconomy
    Freezing, cold, dreck day here in London! Send me some of your sunshine, do!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.