• Fallon Gough
    Hello.
    I'm Fallon Gough
    A member of yours who completed more than 300 surveys and redeemed tons of times without any problem.
    I saved some of my Amazon Gift Cards for a family member for his wedding, gave him 300$ agc at the 6th of April, and went on redeeming and taking surveys as usual.
    Before Easter, I requested 2 amazon gift codes "each worth 10$" and waited for them to arrive, nothing happened, I checked my e-mail at the 25th of April to find this message from the support team:

Dear Fallon,

Greetings from Univox Community!

We are writing this e-mail to notify you that we've been informed by the Virtual Incentive team about the unauthorised usage (like Arbitrage) of your Amazon card issued by Univox. We request you to use gifts cards for authorized purpose only (please read their terms and conditions for details). If you re-attempt to use the gift card for unauthorized purpose, unfortunately, your Univox account would be blocked from further redemptions.

Please feel free to get in touch with our support team at for further clarification.

Warm Regards,
    Team Univox Community

I contacted them explaining the situation and what happened and that I have no clue where or how the person I gifted the codes to spend the dollars on, I swore I never knew that I can't give a "gift card" as a "gift". I turn the website upside down just searching for the terms and conditions they mentioned in the email I received, but I did not find anything.

Told them if they please can forgive this accidental mistake and to process the pending requests and that I'll no longer gift any of my codes to anyone and to be responsible for every penny I claim.

Today, the requests are both denied, they did not return the point either, still receiving surveys but no reply.

What you think the statue of my account now is? Am I really blocked from further redemptions?
    Can I resume taking surveys and forget about the 20000 denied points?

It's a loss for me to lost my account, I hope someone from the support team reaches out to me or if any of the experienced members here shares his/her thoughts about what to do now.

Thank you for taking the time to read this out.
  • flygirl
    Wow! Arbitrage, really. I always put the gift card value into my Amazon account.
    I also did not know that they would not be honored if given as a gift.
  • Fallon Gough
    I don't know even if some one can buy illegal stuff on amazon.

I really can forget about the both denied requests only if they tell me that it's ok to continue taking surveys, losing some is better than losing all.

by the way, I always used to gift "gift cards" in order not to spend my cash on gifts.
    most of my holiday gifts and shopping money is from survey money, first time happened to me by now.
  • Fallon Gough
    edit:

no more surveys displayed in my dashboard. feels like it's the end of the journey here.
  • Nat M

I don't think there is anything on the Univox website about terms and conditions for use of a gift card.
    I don't know what Arbitrage is, do not think we have got it here in Australia.
  • CHRISTINE KNAPP
    I feel your frustration.....I always redeem my points for Amazon gift cards and add them to MY account. I've never used the money in my Amazon account for myself, but rather when my kids are traveling, I send them e-gift cards for restaurants, redeem for books for my gr-grandson, an Ulta e-gift card for a color/cut for my daughter, etc. Wishing you good luck.
  • Fallon Gough

I just wish they reply. losing 20$ is not a big deal. but losing the whole account is a hard thing for me.

I'm not very interested in online purchases that's why I use stuff like this for the enjoyment of other people "family and friends "

If they told me to continue on taking surveys I'm sure would give it a go..

Thank you for your sympathy.
  • Fallon Gough

Thank you for your reply.

I think I have to wait for an explanation from the support team.
  • Admin
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Would like to share that we have reported this issue to the team and the concerned team will reach out to you within the next 48 hours. Thanks
  • Fallon Gough

Thank you for reaching out to me

Your respond is a relief, I appreciate that.

Wish you the best.
  • Kingalfred
    surely money/VV/Amazon/PP ... is yours to do with as you wish ..... i'm the same.... spend earnings on others, redeemed Amazon only a few times here...
  • godseeconomy
    I also save all my rewards for family and friends. Never spent any on myself. Better to give than to receive.
  • godseeconomy
    Trust your issue has been resolved. Happy surveying.
  • Fallon Gough

I trust this website and I'm sure they will do the best they can do to help me and others here..
    Have a good time..
  • KellyD
    My Amazon account has been hacked 4 times in the last 4 months. Somebody keeps ordering Nintendo or xbox giftcodes, $5 and $10. I call Amazon and explain I don't have a gameboy, xbox, etc. I have changed my password, etc many times. I live alone too! I noticed this happened after I called Amazon to complain about a driver and the way a package was left in the foyer of my building when I had instructions it had to be signed by me. Anyway, they refund my giftcard balance after numerous calls and emails to them. Personally, I think that driver must have a friend in the game department. Amazon can see my account! My point is, anything can happen with Amazon. Be careful with them. And don't complain to them, they will disturb your account and balances!
  • Fallon Gough

I swear to God if this problem with Univox can be solved, I wound never ever order any more Amazon Gift Cards. Master Card or Reward Link would be a better option for me. I still can spare some of the "money" I claim on others without the fear of Amazon's hackers.
  • Fallon Gough
    By the way I'm bumping this discussion up for others members to see since the upper management didn't came back to me though the 48 hours period they've put me on the waiting list has ended.

Please help me let my voice be heard. I badly need Univox's support's answering my ticket.

Thank you so much..
  • Nat M
    What i am puzzled about is that it is a gift card. You go to the shop use the gift card as payment, isn't it up to the shop owner to say sorry we do not accept Amazon Gift Cards.

If the gift card is accepted by the shop owner then it is authorised by the gift card provider.

A consumer is not to know if they can or can not use the gift card. Yes there are restrictions on where you can use a gift card like you can not buy cigarettes .But if it is not in black and white how is the consumer to know.

Then to deny the other redemptions. What has the other redemptions got to do with it.

Then to top it off have the account suspended and still have points in the account. Fallon Gough did no WRONG. His pending redemptions should be honoured and his account should be reactivated.
  • KellyD
    Nat. It is not a card. It is a code of numbers and letters that is for your Amazon account only that you enter into your own Amazon gift card account. He must have gave the code numbers to his friend to enter into his account. I guess you cant do that since the code numbers are already pre-registered for his Amazon account only. Hope this makes sense!
  • Nat M

But if they are pre- registered that means his friend would not have been able to enter them into his account or use them at all.
    That should not effect the other 2 redemptions that Univox are withholding and then having his account suspended.
  • Carol hughes

I am just assuming that his account was probably flagged because of this activity
    I hope he can get it strengthened out
  • KellyD
    I am sure that is probably what happened. He should get his other redemptions though.
  • godseeconomy
    I often get email supposedly from Amazon that my purchase code is such and such and I have deliveries awaiting, or could I confirm I made such and such an order. I just send the email to Amazon reporting as spoof.
  • Nat M
    Amazon has just come to Australia but if this is what happens then it is better to stay overseas.
    They are trying to compete with Ebay here
  • KellyD
    I have had to call them and email them many times. 4 times there have been orders in my name AND the money taken out of MY giftcard balance! I call Amazon and they go into my account, see what I am talking about and usually refund my account within 2 weeks. I change my password all the time. I swear it started happening after I complained to them about a delivery and driver. Anyway, as long as the money gets refunded back into my account I will keep using them.
  • godseeconomy
    How about resigning and using another email account?
  • EGO
    Many people are saying Amazon is much deeper than Ebay but Ebay is still very unique in it's own right such as the platform where any kind of ancient antique can be found on Ebay where as Amazon focus on current items
  • UCLA
    if I am reading Fallon's OP, he gave the gift card/s codes to a friend & got docked for it.
    Thats not allowed?
    Could you not for future situations just buy a gift card/s with the codes you are given from here then send to friend/s.
  • Nat M

I have had a look at Amazon Australia and saw it was all current items and still prefer Ebay for that exact reason old to new items. There is another site here called Gumtree 90% used items.free to list.
  • Nat M

I think the issue is what the codes were used for by his friend. In my opinion you should be allowed to spend on what you like. If the codes /gift cards are accepted by that business there should be no problem.
    Then Univox withholding the other 2 redemptions is so WRONG.
    Not only that having his Univox account suspended is even more WRONG.
  • UCLA

I never was disagreeing with it being ether right or wrong.
    What I am saying tho is, if people are concerned this could happen to them as well, its just as easy to take the Amazon code/s you get from here, chuck them onto your Amazon account, use them to buy & then gift them an Amazon card.
    That's all.
  • KellyD
    That is a great idea. Thank you for your help.
  • Fallon Gough

You make me believe in people again, thank you pal.
    I wish they spare me some of their precious time and at least show me they're trying to solve this mess out.

I'll keep you all updated. But for now, it's been a more than a week and no one ever came back to me.

Thank you for the kind words.
  • Fallon Gough

still waiting for a reply from some of the support staff here, then I'll sure update you with what they said to me.
  • Fallon Gough

My account is not flagged, I still can login, take surveys, have some points, never tried to request a redemption after what happened and never tried to work hard to rack up points to reach the 10$ threshold, I still need 8$ to do so.

I think I have to give it go and try for myself to find out what will happen.

If the requested redemption has arrived then the statue of my account is just fine and the problem was with the amazon account of my friend "not a mistake done by me"

If they denied it too. I think I don't have to waste another try here.

still waiting for a reply though.

Thank all of you..
  • Fallon Gough

It really means that your account's been hacked and amazon is trying to protect you from this fraudulent activity.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us
  • Fallon Gough

I think I have to raise another ticket to the support so they see how much arbitrage they were with me and that I at least deserve an explanation. If they want to kick me out of the community it's okay and accepted but not this way, we are not a punch of children playing a game. We are grown ups, they should respect the time we stayed here and replay. If "No" I'll go, but I'll not leave without an answer anyway.

Thank you so much again and again you are trying your best here.
  • Fallon Gough

By the way if you think the account is flagged, I had an issue getting surveys for the next 2 days after the incident, now I can login, and whenever I login I find surveys available for me to take.

But the problem is I don't know if I am still "eligible" for further redemptions, that;s why I'm waiting for a reply to come.
  • Mele McCabe
    I don't think you can use your amazon gift card balance to purchase gift cards for other people....
  • CHRISTINE KNAPP
    Sure you can. I just sent an e-gift card to my daughter tonight (for Chili's restaurant=$50) while they are out of town. I ordered the e-gift card and it was sent to her email (via cell phone) within 5 minutes. I do this all the time...the most difficult part is my daughter and son deciding which card they want and how much $$$ to put on the card.
  • Mele McCabe
    Right, for other merchandise, like restaurant gift cards but not Amazon gift cards....
  • CHRISTINE KNAPP
    I haven't tried it, but it appears I can use my Amazon points to purchase Amazon gift cards....but, I don't choose to do that....
  • UCLA

I was wrong. You were right. I just tried to buy/send myself one
    "Your gift card balance can't be applied to orders that contain Amazon gift cards"
  • Mele McCabe
    I only know because I tried to do it in the past. My son goes to your school. He's finishing his second year. We love UCLA
  • guimaraes
    eu ja sabia
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.