• Syvynn
    I am asking that Univox remove the forum feature of "Plaudits" so that members don't have to click through useless topics that are "unread" just because someone (not anyone in general) is trying to post on anything and everything (and make pointless new posts) just to have comments that can be plaudited.

This constant need for several members to be plauditing only one person, to increase that person's plaudit count, and never plauditing anyone else --- is evidence that the plaudit system is useless, unfair, and a detriment to this forum.

It is so bad that I only visit the forum now once a week because I am tired of the constant plaudit bickering. Please remove the option, thereby making this forum a nicer place to visit.

Anyone want to second or third this wish?
  • cjsenour
    I don't even know what a plaudit is or how to give/receive one. or what the advantage is. so it doesn't matter to me.
  • godseeconomy
    I agree with you. I second you. Some immature people here.
  • Syvynn
    If I'm in the minority here and there are more people that don't mind the plaudit wars than those agree with me, then Admin can just forget I said anything. I'll just go back to only looking at posts that have mentioned my name and forego the rest of this board. I like my sanity and I value my time.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - No advantage to them at all. It is just a thumbs up or a way of saying I like what you said. Clicking on the heart gives someone a plaudit.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - I totally agree. So I will third you.
  • NatalieM

Brilliant !!!! :up:
    Or change the format. That the person can only get one plaudit per day from the giver.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Just remembered I gave you a plaudit for this. Sorry as it was out of habit.
  • mikeee
    I would still participate if the feature were removed.
    Of course is might not be something that can be removed depending on the software..
  • mikeee
    I don't think that's in the spirit of what Syvynn meant either as far as giving her a plaudett.
  • mikeee
    Right now I'd like to see the ZIP12345 issue fixed!! :D
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Mine got fixed today as a yellow or orange long bar came up before I was being redirected to a survey. It wanted me to put in my zip code, but what I did is deleted the word zip then entered my code number then there was a SAVE button and no this was not on the Sample Cube Page. All clear now, but I think you'll have to wait for it to pop up sometime.
  • mikeee
    I still have a bunch of them. I guess I have to try them to clear them out...
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Yes, wait until you see that long bar as it is Uni that is asking. Just make sure you delete the zip, add the code then hit SAVE. It should come up sooner or hopefully not later.
  • Knavy13
    Count me in.
  • Carol hughes
    I don't care either way
    I make a comment because I have something to say about the post not whether I get a plauudet or not.
  • JUDITH
    should only be univox subjects I agree. They should ban ppl who go off on other things that doesn't belong here.
  • NatalieM
    Think this should be further up the page.
  • Kingalfred
    ..... think the wall of fame should be unbuilt before plaudits ....
    plaudits are meaningless nonsence .... take 'em or leave 'em
    W O F makes you take low paid surveys to climb a wall of "Fame"
    .... in hope of being "Famous" like a Kardashian or Beyonce....
  • Carol hughes

I don't care if I'm famous
  • Admin
    Dear all,

We really appreciate your valuable feedback and we would like t to inform you that after getting a good response on the same thread We have forwarded it to the higher management for further review. Thanks

Happy survey taking!!!!!
  • Donna
    I like being able to show someone I like their post, although I guess that can be accomplished by saying, “ Hey, I liked your post!” Lol. Another option to consider, if possible, would be to keep the little heart plaudits thingy, but get just get rid of the plaudit leaderboard. That might curb the dredging up of months and years old posts for the sake of a plaudit. If just the leaderboard cannot be removed, then yes, here is another vote to remove the plaudit feature altogether if that can be done.
  • Syvynn
    I agree in the fact that the WOF has more "meaning" than a leaderboard of plaudits here. However, I can (as anyone here can) bypass the leaderboard on the WOF if I chose to. Here the reopening of old topics and the numerous other infractions that leads to plaudit counting are too in your face to be able to ignore.

Those are great options as well.

Another one could be, the ability to mark a topic as read or closed so that when people keep posting in contests that ended 2 years ago, I won't have to see them and they won't clutter my topics page ahead of better postings that are current or at the least not just for the plaudits.
  • NatalieM

Just saw that Admin read it. I moved it up the page last night as i saw Admin online
  • Syvynn
    Yes, thank you. The main page was cluttered yet again.
  • NatalieM

I am only new to the Forum and i do not like reading old stuff. If i want to find something out or see if anyone has written about it. I use the search bar.
  • Kingalfred
    we should be able to block posts, like notifications, we choose to get them or not...
    we choose to read posts, as the spammers, the noobies choose to rake up old posts we, all read these so do the spammers, so, spammers,
    YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE stop digging up years old bumph
  • Kingalfred
    ...... we should even be able to block an individual, or put them on
    "time out"
    or
    "the naughty step"
    so we dont see their posts
    for 1 2 3 ..... how ever many weeks we wish to time them out.....
  • Carol hughes
    The old posts are the most annoying for me even though I can see by the title that it is old I find myself clicking on it just by habit
  • NatalieM
    Same here. i click on them and then see that they are 2 years old.
    The only ones at the moment that should be recurring are the ones that Bob Dack has posted. Ones that will continue forever
  • Marvy
    I like the idea of blocking people/posts. Some of this stuff can be quite annoying.
  • cjsenour
    Usually the ones I haven't read have the title in dark print. I clicked on one yesterday in dark print about Shout Mix. Found out it was 2 years old and had not been written on for months.
  • guimaraes
    eu tambem nao gosto da ideia de bloquear as pessos dependendo muito dos comentarios feito pelo mesmo
  • Kingalfred
    all ones replied too by someone else, are then reinstated to dark print even if they are dead and "gone" and buried Admin are not listening maybe Admin are also touting for plaudits ......... ?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.