• NatalieM
    048gp1xwbhdaaj1k.png

Queensland just started a recycling programme. Cash for containers on November 1st 2018. Do you have something similar ?
  • Carol hughes

Not that I'm aware that will pay you
  • Marvy
    Not to my knowledge.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Yes, we have a recycling center here that will take any type of metals and something else but I forgot what it is and will pay you cash. We recycle our aluminum cans and give them to my son, but he has to put it into his savings. The down side with the cans is it takes a very long time to fill up five 30 gallon trash bags to make 25 dollars, give or take a buck, but it's worth the tiny effort to do it.
  • mikeee
    Our city has curbside recycling. We have a 90 gallon cart and put plastic containers, cardboard, metals, etc in it and they come by every 2 weeks and pick it up. I save the aluminum cans for myself and get money from a place that buys them, but we don't get money for our stuff from the city service.
  • NatalieM

It is 10c a container here - cans ,glass bottles , stubbies , plastic bottles , tetra paks. It does take a long time to get enough to cash in. But every little bit counts and it cleans up the environment.
  • NatalieM

We still have our wheelie bins that go out on the kerbside actually 3 of them. Red lid -general household rubbish. Yellow lid recycling. Green lid garden waste City council picks it up red bin weekly. Yellow and Green lid bin fortnightly .
  • NatalieM

These bins are located now at some shopping centres. But you can also drop off at the Depotij5lkfihdymfmsi3.png
  • Marvy
    That's interesting. Curious to know if it results in getting more people to recycle.
  • NatalieM

It has got people to recycle more. The companies were caught off guard at the start and were unprepared by the influx of recyclables that were being dropped off.
  • Michele
    We recycle all our plastic, glass and paper and cardboard in our recycle bin which our council picks up fortnightly. I have started to save soft drink bottles which you can get 10c for but I haven’t taken them to cash in yet. We save the used coffee pods to send them back to Nescafé Dolce Gusto company for recycle but I don’t think we get a reward. I have 2 large bags full ready to send off.
  • cjsenour
    I live in the country, so there is no easy way to recycle. I burn paper trash, but all other junk I have to take to the land fill. I do separate out newspapers and cardboard and put them in special bins there. I don't get paid for that. In fact, when I take a load of junk to be di8sp9sed of, I have to pay them. My pop cans I crush and my son takes them to the recycling center in the city. He also saves any kind of metal and takes that, too. He watches the price of metal, so he gets a good price. The little town near me used to have recycle bins in town, but people were just dumping everything in them, so they were taken out. Now it is 5 miles to the land fill.
  • Marvy
    That is great. I would love to see more counties/municipalities offer a program like this.
  • Marvy
    We are big on recycling as well.

I used to use a Keurig (the one with the K-cups). Never recycled the plastic pods though (sad to say).

Glad to hear you do.
  • Marvy
    Interesting.

Where I live, I don't have to pay for most items to be recycled (paper, plastic, metal). If I take items to the local landfill, most waste products are free to dispose. We are required to pay a fee for items that contain refrigerants.
  • Michele
    Yes apparently they take the coffee pods apart and recycle the plastic and the aluminium core and the dried used coffee powder that is left. I think they put that in fertilisers for the garden! No waste!
  • Marvy
    Wow. I love it!
  • Syvynn
    We used to have bins at our local waste facility for recycling newspapers, cardboard, etc. Then they disappeared and haven't been back. We don't have the blue bins out here in the country for pick up. So all we recycle is cans - and we use that money to add to project budgets. We usually get 50-60 each time we take them in, once a year maybe (could be year and half - haven't timed it).

A large portion of the recycled bins just goes to the landfills anyways because people don't recycle properly (such as trying to recycle the bottom of a takeout pizza box etc).

I would so use a machine like that that is pretty neat.
  • NatalieM

You can not miss the bins at the shopping centres - the colour blue just stands out. You set up an account. Fill your bags. Go to drop and go bin. Enter the barcode that is on bag. Drop in bin. Go home. Email already there that you have dropped off. 24 hours later another email saying how many you recycled and your credits. You can either transfer into your account or paypal or gift cards.I am letting mine accumulate
  • Michele
    our local shopping. Enter car park has one similar to this but as yet I haven’t taken all my saved bottles to recycle yet. They are a great idea and good for our planet waste!
  • cjsenour
    Sounds like a more sure way to get Paypal than taking surveys. LOL
  • Vanditha
    Nice concept
  • NatalieM
    Did another drop off......$50 (1 month) more in my account. Slowly adding up.
    But that is from 3 households - got my kids collecting them at their houses as well.
  • guimaraes
    e muito bom seguir este procedimentos
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.