• J Zerbs
    seems like a extreme reach to me to think it has anything to do with the D.B. Cooper case, a nylon strap could be in the woods for a number of reasons especially at a lumber farm. It is a interesting case though and another famous one that'll probably never be solved.
  • Bob Dack
    This piece was on the MSN news feed.
    But from the short vid they also seem to imply that money could be buried there too?
    But who know ,love hear people talk about this it is the stuff of Legends!
    I'm thinking he's still alive as there has been no death bed confusions or
    He passed away without giving up his identity.
    Once a suspect Bob Rackstaw Had all the talent to pull this off and
    he's still alive and won't entertain talking to the press at all?
  • J Zerbs
    Didn't a kid find $10,000 of the money for washed up on a riverbank about a decade after it happened?

Anyway I think there have been several people who made deathbed confessions claiming they were D.B. Cooper. One show I remember seeing years ago showed a few suspects who had.
  • Bob Dack
    Yes that Doc about case closed had a piece about that and how usual the find by him and his dad were ,,,like maybe it was a set-up by DB and them together beacuse in an interview later he kept looking up and to the left or right which was a sign of of being dcieptful? But all the while the Dad claimed it was real and that was the same Doc where they tried interview Bob Rackstaw and he kept ducking out of sight every time they posed a question?

I found part two can't locate part one?

• sascha
    Nice architecture
  • Bob Dack

I think there have been several people who made deathbed
    confessions claiming they were D.B. Cooper.
    Then why didn't they also say where the money was?
    Other than what the boy and his Dad supposedly found ,
    none other has ever turned up or been found?
    So if their claims were ture that would cement their claims!?!
  • J Zerbs
    my thoughts as well I think all those who have claimed to be DB Cooper were lying and just seeking attention.
  • Bob Dack

This is one reason why?
    I believe it could be Bob Rackstraw!
    All the people who knew him said he was Capable,
    Even his old Commanding Officers!
    He had a life there finally but they drummed out after lying about his schooling?
    So he thinks "Lets show everyone what you can do with all this training?"
    And why the money never surface,he didn't really do it for the money!
    Hence he probably didn't take it out of the woods with him?
    One of the things why they never continued looking into him?
    Had income no sign of extra money?
  • Bob Dack
    Construction workers' accidental find is leaving archaeologists speechless

8xuoygql654jt9eg.jpeg
    Construction workers in Spain unearthed a huge hoard of Roman coins recently. The construction workers were digging a ditch to install a new waterline in Tomares, a city in Andalusia, when they found the massive haul.
    The workers found the coins, which weighed in at more than 1,300 pounds (about 590 kg), in 19 storage jars. Some of the storage containers were intact, while others had been damaged. According to the Huffington Post, the find is significant because of the number of coins and because many of the coins appear to be in mint, uncirculated condition.

7f9kzf49stpdfvpe.jpg
    Some of the coins, which appear to be mostly bronze, were probably silver-clad at one point in time, according to Ana Navarro, head of the Archaeological Museum of Seville. Navarro estimated that the coins have a street value of several million euro, according to Huffington Post.

pbxs4158kvi1cwqn.jpg
    Archaeologists believe the coins date back to the third and fourth centuries as they bear the images of emperors Maximian and Constantine. Spanish authorities aren’t sure why there were so many new coins in one place.
    According to the Washington Post, the coins may have been meant to pay soldiers or for taxes. Because of the historic nature of the find, construction on the area has been suspended until Spanish archaeologists can excavate the spot.
  • frances turkel
    "Bob Dack very interesting thank you for sharing
  • Paulgro
    I have a Roman coin that came from a sunken ship that was found around the 60's. There are so many Romain coins around that they really aren't worth that much. I paid a big $9 for mine. Makes for a great conversation piece when you have those old coins though so who cares what they might be worth?
  • Bob Dack
    Cuneiform tablet reveals ancient Babylonians better at trigonometry

• Bob Dack
    psnqwkov7z5vwk9t.jpeg

Avro Arrow prototype found at bottom of Lake Ontario: expedition team
    Long thought all were cut up and totally destroyed
    ...............................................................................
    Read here on the Global New Link
    ....................................................................................................................
  • Bob Dack
    Meet the 6ft 9in Russian model with the longest legs in the world

zvzs4fzip04htk8o.jpg

She has the record @ 52 inches long.
  • J Zerbs
    makes wonder if they are other kinds of rare or experimental planes and ships at the bottom of the Great Lakes and just in general how many there are. There have been a lot of crashes and disappearances though the years. There are areas of the Great lakes that have more planes and boats disappear per square mile than the Bermuda triangle.
  • Bob Dack
    Lucky Discoveries That Made People Rich

• Paulgro
    I must checkout my shirts in the laundry hamper!
  • frances turkel
    [ Bob Dack; "Paulgro; I always check pants pockets and shirts I never find much more then a quarter
    or the most a dollar VERY RARE!!! Great Going!!
  • Paulgro
    2000-year-old-Thracian-chariot-on-viral-Reddit-post.jpg

A photo of a 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot burial has gone viral on Reddit.
    Viral Photo On Reddit Of 2,000-Year-Old Thracian Chariot Buried With Dog And Horses Is Explained
    By Kristine Moore

On October 13, a photograph that appeared on Reddit of a 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot buried beside the remains of a dog and two horses went viral and has garnered over 71,000 likes so far. One poster explained that part of the novelty of this photograph lies in the fact that four-wheeled chariots are not a very frequent find and that this chariot is also rare because of the enormous diameter of its wheels which measure nearly four feet.

But besides the relative rarity of four-wheeled chariots, what is the history behind this particular chariot which has gripped the imaginations of so many people on the Reddit post?

Thracian chariot burials like the 2,000-year-old one on Reddit were actually once extremely common in Bulgaria, especially among the noblemen of society. These men were frequently buried next to their beloved chariots in a tradition that began around 2,500 years ago, according to archaeologist Veselin Ignatov.

Ignatov published a paper on the subject in the journal Archaeologia Bulgarica and explained that these chariot burials were at the height of their popularity during the Roman Empire, around 2,100 to 1,500 years ago, as Live Science reports. However, leaving the bodies of these noblemen in graves next to their chariots was “by far most popular and long-standing in Thrace. In all cases, the chariots represent prestige, power and authority.”
    A photograph has gone viral on Reddit of the burial of a 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot with horses and a dog.
    2000-year-old-Thracian-chariot-burial-on-viral-Reddit-post-670x388.jpg
    A photograph has gone viral on Reddit of the burial of a 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot with horses and a dog. [Image by Petar Petrov/AP Images]

The story of the 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot burial which has become an overnight sensation on Reddit originally began in 2008, when Veselin Ignatov led a group of archaeologists in Bulgaria and came across the spectacular chariot. This chariot was once covered in artwork featuring scenes straight out of Thracian mythology, although today these scenes are relatively obscured and hard to see.

Similar to Egyptians being buried beside their beloved prized goods in life to help them in the afterlife, Ignatov has said that men would have also been buried next to their chariots so that they could continue to use them in the next life. It is believed that after the death of the man who once owned this Thracian chariot that his horses would also have been killed so that they could be buried with him.
    DME_ShDU8AAGuGZ.jpg
    After the slaughter of the nobleman’s horses, it is also extremely like that other animal sacrifices would have been made to appease the gods. Sheep, pigs, deer, and also dogs were common animals to slaughter, which might explain the presence of the dog skeleton that was found with the chariot.

It is reportedly quite common in Bulgaria for treasure hunters to seek out burials like the 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot so they can loot them and sell anything of value that they discover there. Because of this, archaeologists will frantically try to perform their excavations as quickly as possible to prevent looters from appearing on the scene.

The nobleman who once owned the 2,000-year-old Thracian chariot may not have been able to take it to the afterlife with him, but the memory of his life still exists thanks to photographs on Reddit.

[Featured Image by Petar Petrov/AP Images]
  • Bob Dack

Yeah it is odd they are find thing now in places that
    don't fit in History and can't be explain also!?!
  • Paulgro
    They say it is common in that area to find this type of burial.
  • Bob Dack
    No,No you misunderstood what I was getting at?
    All the things they are now finding all over the world almost makes you think
    there is some sorta unknown history that no one ever taught us & was
    never in our History books?
  • Paulgro
    We don't know everything and probably never will. Every day they find something new.
  • Bob Dack

Yes and awhile ago these people were call Crazies,Crack-pots or Conspiracy theorists?
  • Bob Dack
    n3vgzu44u4jwpda6.jpeg
    Virtually every day, Earth is bombarded with some 100 pounds of meteoric material. Down come bits and pieces of asteroids, and similar debris composed of rock, iron, and nickel, that have been encircling in space for billions of years. When they happen to fall to Earth, rarely is any damage done.

Of course, some meteorites have made it into the news, and others, well, at least one did manage to wipe out life on Earth. Like that time some 65 million years ago, when a big piece of meteorite sent the dinosaurs into extinction. But that’s rare.

What made the news in 1992, a far less hazardous instance of a falling meteorite, was when a rock the size of a bowling ball crashed into a driveway in Peekskill, New York. With a loud bang, the rock made a crater on a parked orange 1980 Chevrolet Malibu. For its size, the ball was astonishingly heavy, weighing about 28 pounds. Except for the car, luckily, there weren’t any casualties.

In the case of the Hoba meteorite, however, which is considered to be the world’s largest known meteorite piece with a weight of some 119,000 pounds–estimated at 66 tons–perhaps the strangest aspect of all is that it left no crater once it fell to Earth. Scientists have suggested that the massive rock apparently slowed down as it penetrated Earth’s atmosphere. It slowed so much that the Hoba reached a point of terminal velocity as it was about to impact the surface where it fell, which was in Namibia.

That is why the Hoba meteorite has remained intact. As big and bulky as it is, never in history has this huge an iron rock been repositioned from its “impact” point. While excavated, it hasn’t been moved.

Lurking hidden on a farm in the central-north parts of Namibia, in the proximity of the city of Grootfontein, the Hoba meteorite, or Hoba West as it is also known, was discovered by a farmer almost by chance.
    The name of the farmer was Hermanus Brits, and he stumbled on the piece in 1920 as he was working at the Hoba farm, which gave the meteorite its name. As Brits described the moment of discovery, it was only the upper part of the rock that was visible. Its color was black, and the soil around it was all chalky. “I scratched the rock with my knife and saw there was a shine beneath the surface,” one of his statements read.

After Brits notified local authorities about the find, it was quickly determined that this was a meteorite. The bulky rock is composed of 84 percent iron and 15 percent nickel, and as a type of iron meteorite, it is one of the most remarkable examples ever encountered on Earth’s surface.

About 5 percent of the total number of meteorite pieces that fall on Earth are similar in their composition to the Hoba one. They are also massive, but not like this one, at least, not for now.

Due to the presence of a rare radioactive nickel isotope, experts have been able to determine the age of the Hoba meteorite, which is estimated at in-between 190 million and 410 million years. And it ended its traversing through space once it fell on Earth a little less than 80,000 years ago.

The first significant scientific analyses about this particular meteorite were produced by 1929, and ever since, the megalith has been gaining fame, while also suffering from vandals who have slightly helped shrink the original mass of Hoba. For protecting the enormous iron rock, local authorities have made efforts in protecting it by developing a manageable visitor site around Hoba.
    The megalith was designated as a national monument in Namibia back in 1955. This status was canceled in 1979 and renewed during that same year as the site surrounding the rock extended. By the end of the 1980s, an information center purposed to educate the public about the meteorite was also constructed on the site.
  • Bob Dack
    Superstitious villagers convinced dragons are real
    after discovering 60-foot skeleton of 'mythical creature'

x13rejli3s7pl29a.jpeg

Villagers in northern China believe they have discovered the 60-foot skeleton of a dead dragon.

Traditional Chinese dragons have no wings, and are depicted 'swimming' through the air, rather than flapping their wings, as shown in Western mythology.

This depiction has convinced the residents of Zhangjiakou City, in China's northern Hebei Province, that they had stumbled across a dragon.
    Footage taken by various witnesses at the scene shows dozens of villagers surrounding the suspected dragon remains, which start with a large skull, two tiny arms and then extend further along the grass.

The villagers are not sure what to make of the skeleton, but a superstitious few seemed convinced that they were indeed looking at the remains of the mythical creature.
    Chinese social media said the ribby skeleton appeared to have been placed there intentionally, perhaps as a prop for a movie, but so far no one has come forwards to confirm these claims.

Local authorities in Zhangjiakou have also yet to release a statement about the so-called dragon remains.

The video .
  • Paulgro
    The meteor I think is a hoax. I don't see how something that size can fall to earth and not make a crater.
  • Bob Dack
    Giant Prehistoric Crocodile Discovered in Tunisia | National Geographic

• frances turkel
    "Bob Dack; I wasn't here a few days G-d I missed you interesting posts thank you
  • J Zerbs
    As far as I know this one isn't a hoax, you'd think it'd make a crater but maybe it entered the atmosphere at just the right angle to be slowed down enough and given it's flat shape skipped across the ground like a rock across water (at least that's the theory I heard). They also say it hit Earth about 70,000- 80,000 years ago so it's possible it made a small crater which was just filled in naturally over time, it was buried underground when it was discovered.
  • Paulgro
    The theory might be right but I find it hard to believe.
  • J Zerbs
    Yeah the odds on it happening have to be incredibly slim.
  • Bob Dack
    cjwnpwkdpm60m4x5.jpg

Conspiracy theorists believe they've found proof of a downed 'alien mothership' on the surface of Mars.

According to the YouTube channel "Paranormal Crucible", the 1.3-mile long craft is evidence of an alien civilization that crash-landed on the rocky planet.

The images from the video were found in footage taken from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor - which surveyed the red planet until 2006 when the space agency lost contact with it.

“I have processed, colourized and rebuilt the object and in my opinion it is a craft of some kind, possibly tens of thousands of years old," explains the description underneath the video.

Some commentators have poured cold water on the theory, insisting it is only a piece of raised ground or a rock formation.

But the UFO hunters behind the channel are convinced of its authenticity.

"The object is too degraded to enhance totally so I have rebuilt it using the points of interest that are shown in the video," the video states.

"It's also over a mile long, so this must have been a mothership, either a Martian one or possibly an off-planet alien species, but why did it crash?”

The video has been on YouTube for a week and has amassed over 6,000 views.

However, this is far from the first time something strange has been spotted hiding in pictures of the Martian surface.

Strange domes and rock outlines resembling human-like items are often picked up on as evidence of pareidolia: when the brain is tricked into seeing familiar sights in strange objects.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ufo-hunter-spots-alien-mothership-on-the-surface-of-mars/ar-AAu8y8i?li=AAggNb9
  • Paulgro
    Mother rock maybe.
  • Paulgro
    This Shark From Prehistoric Times Is Back To Freak Us All Out
    This creature may have inspired legends of sea serpents.
    By David Moye
    2f2403b7-ce0d-49de-a75d-ffd2bd832d77.png

The phrase “they don’t make ’em like they used to” definitely applies to a rare shark found off the southern coast of Portugal.

The shark in question is a frilled shark, a species that is considered a “living fossil” because remains of the animal date back 80 million years, according to the BBC.

The nearly 5-foot-long shark has a head like a snake and a body closer to that of an eel, but gets its name because of the frilly way its 300 teeth are arranged.

The teeth’s “frilliness,” for lack of a better term, allows the shark to trap squid, fish and other sharks in its mouth when it lunges at them, Professor Margarida Castro of the University of the Algarve told the Portuguese language website Sic Noticias TV, according to the BBC.
    5a0b44101f00003b004a5b75.jpeg
    IPMApt

This particular frilled shark was found off the Algarve coast, about 2,300 feet below the ocean’s surface. Researchers working on a European Union project to reduce unwanted catches in commercial fishing found the creature, according to Newsweek.

The frilled shark’s ocean habitat covers a wide area. It has been sighted off the coasts of Norway, Scotland and the Canary Islands. It’s also been seen in the Indian Ocean as well as waters off of Japan, Australia and New Zealand, according to a release by the Portuguese Institute of the Sea and Atmosphere.

Samuel Garman, who was one of the first scientists to study the shark back in 1883, believed its snakelike qualities inspired legends of sea serpents, according to IFL Science.

However, because the frilled shark hangs out in such deep waters, there is very little video footage of the animal in its native habitat. Its even rarer for the sharks to be captured live for research.
  • Bob Dack

Yeah, I saw this on MSN but I read something about along time ago I'm sure?
  • Bob Dack
    Do we have a Hidden History that is kept secret?

• Bob Dack

Or maybe proof of that hidden history I was talking about?
  • Bob Dack
    New Dinosaur Found
    p044pcmg1ca200qu.jpg
    WASHINGTON — With a bill like a duck but teeth like a croc’s, a swanlike neck and killer claws, a new dinosaur species uncovered by scientists looks like something Dr. Seuss could have dreamed up.

It also had flippers like a penguin, and while it walked like an ostrich it could also swim. That’s the first time swimming ability has been shown for a two-legged, meat-eating dinosaur.

The tiny creature, only about 18 inches (45 centimetres) tall, roamed 75 million years ago in what is now Mongolia. Its full curled-up skeleton was found in a sandstone rock.

“It’s such a peculiar animal,” said Dennis Voeten, a paleontology researcher at Palacky University in the Czech Republic. “It combines different parts we knew from other groups into this one small animal.”

In a study released Wednesday by the journal Nature , Voeten and coauthors named it Halszkaraptor escuilliei or “Halszka” after the late Polish paleontologist Halszka Osmolska.

It's such a peculiar animal
    Dennis Voeten

Paleontologist Kristi Curry Rogers of Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, who didn’t participate in the study, called it “a pretty crazy chimera: a swan neck and dinosaur body, but with a mouthful of tiny teeth and hands and feet that look like they might be good for swimming.”

Its mashup body let it run and hunt on the ground and fish in fresh water, said study co-author Paul Tafforeau. He’s a paleontologist at the ESRF , known as the European Synchrotron in Grenoble, France, a powerful X-ray generator where numerous tests were made on the fossil.

Lead author Andrea Cau, a paleontologist at the Geological Museum Capellini in Bologna, Italy, said he was at first highly suspicious about the fossil’s authenticity, both because of its appearance and the fact that the rock containing the skeleton had been smuggled out of Mongolia and left in a private collector’s hands.
    “I asked myself, ‘Is this a real, natural skeleton, or an artifact, a chimera? If this is a fake, how could I demonstrate it?”‘ Cau said in an email. “Assuming it was a fake instead of starting assuming that the fossil is genuine was the most appropriate way to start the investigation of such a bizarre fossil.”

So researchers used the Synchrotron to create three-dimensional images of the fossil, which showed the creature was indeed a single animal and not a concoction built up from several sources. For example, an arm hidden in the rock perfectly matched the visible left arm, and lines indicating growth matched up across the bones.

Even though the creature wasn’t dreamed up by Dr. Seuss, it got a blessing from a Dr. Sues.

Hans Sues, a paleontologist at the Smithsonian Institution who wasn’t part of the research, praised the work and said it “shows again how amazingly diverse dinosaurs were.”
  • Bob Dack
    Lost Continent Found

tmlcfb6ioxhw9shw.jpg

We hope you’ve finally made your peace with Pluto being downgraded from a planet to an ice dwarf, because we have some more jarring news for you: It seems your teachers may have been wrong about the number of continents on Earth, too. (Get out your Google Maps for the 30 common errors that leave geography teachers in tears.)

Earlier in 2017, scientists published a report in the journal of the Geological Society of America detailing an eighth continent called Zealandia, roughly the size of India and almost completely submerged under the Pacific Ocean east of Australia. Encompassing all of New Zealand as well as several nearby islands, Zealandia likely spent the best of its above-water days as part of the supercontinent Gondwana before fragmenting off of Australia and Antarctica some 80 million years ago. This lost, underwater continent is just beginning to reveal its secrets. (Here are nine heart-shaped islands and lakes around the world.)
    While researchers have been aware of the 1.9 million-square-mile mass for two decades, Zealandia has only recently become the object of serious study since the Geological Society paper argued that it fits all the criteria for a proper continent, including a continental crust that's distinctly separate from the seabed in terms of elevation, thickness, and geology. A team of 32 scientists from 12 countries completed their first visit to six dig sites around Zealandia, where they drilled up more than 8,000 feet of sediment cores that will help explain the lost continent's 80-million-year history.
    Because there is no official body that formally recognizes continents, whether or not Zealandia ends up in future geography textbooks will come down to its acceptance by the scientific community at large, possibly with a little help from travellers like you. Want to give some cred to the new eighth continent? It's 94 per cent underwater, but you can still set foot on it by booking passage to New Zealand, New Caledonia (an archipelago that technically belongs to France), and Australia's Norfolk and Lord Howe islands. Remember, northern hemisphere winter is southern hemisphere summer, so book with haste (last-minute booking is one of the very worst air travel mistakes), pack a swimsuit and a snorkel, and be the first of your friends to touch the lost eighth continent.
  • Bob Dack
    s6e8c854cw7dx6w0.jpg
    In March, a Christian pastor in Sierra Leone discovered one of the world’s largest uncut diamonds. Weighing in at 709 carats, the diamond was passed on to the government in the hope that it would discourage any illegal sales and help the development of the country. At the beginning of December British jewelers Laurence Graff purchased the stone for a cool $6.5 million (£4.8m). It has been confirmed that half the profits will be used to fund infrastructure projects to benefit local people.
  • Bob Dack
    llzfhn252hwukrba.jpg

Minted Roman coins
    Fisherman and amateur historian Mike Smale was hunting for treasure with friends when he found a hoard of Roman coins worth $267,625 (£200k). Some of the coins, which were minted in Roman general Mark Anthony’s short-lived reign, are extremely rare, however unfortunately for Mike he will have to split any profits with farm manager Anthony Butler, where the hoard was found.
  • Bob Dack
    7t1u1000b41si5j1.jpg

Gold bars hidden in a tank
    A tank fanatic got a surprise when he discovered $2.5 million (£2m) of gold bullion hidden in the fuel tank of a model he had just purchased for $40,100 (£30k). Nick Mead discovered the five gold bars in the Russian T54/69 while restoring it to add to his collection of 150 military vehicles, when he was prising open the diesel tank looking for munitions.
  • Bob Dack
    v3wk999vledgxluo.jpg

A long-lost Ferrari Daytona
    In June, a one-of-a-kind Ferrari was discovered in a barn in Japan, where it had been sitting for more than 40 years. The vehicle hadn't been seen for so long, many car enthusiasts thought that it didn’t exist. The 1969 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona is the only road-going example of the classic GT car built with a racing specification alloy body. The car was sold unrestored and in barn condition for $1,281,953 (£958k) in September.
  • Bob Dack
    fo4t68vzzbqm7p11.jpg
    A rare gold coin

A rare gold coin from the brief reign of English king Richard III was unearthed in September by Michelle Vall just a few miles from Bosworth Field, where the king died. It is thought that the coin may have belonged to one of Richard's soldiers, who dropped it while fleeing from the battle.The coin is due to be auctioned off at an estimated price of $20,000 (£15k). Just a handful of gold half angel coins survived the king’s two-year reign and it has been described as "a miracle" that it has survived five centuries.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.