• charsocal
    Just saw on the news that another heart wrenching attack has again taken a horrific toll on the London Bridge just 2 weeks after the attack in Manchester England. Prayers to our Univox members who live in the UK and our hearts are with you all.
  • Krystyna
    I absolutely join you in the prayers for all the innocent people that got hurt or killed in another senseless and horrific attack.My heart is with all the victims and their families or friends as well as our community members.
  • David Smith
    All the lives lost is so sad. All in the name of their savior. It's insanity. Would any supreme being want so many lives lost and suffering under their name?
  • dmg56
    Absolutely! Sending tons of prayers and support for all the people who were injured or killed in the brutal attack on the London Bridge. My heart just aches with pain and sadness for all their families and friends who are suffering.
  • Paulgro
    This is just killing for the sake of killing. Leave the innocent alone and kill yourself instead of others. There isn't any sense for doing this at all.
  • frances turkel
    "Paulgro; Your right it just didn't make any sense and he did kill himself in the end!
  • Mitzi drye
    prayers are always going up for yall.
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks, everyone. I live in London, on the outskirts, it is an atrocious act. How can their ideology entertain what these terrorists did? All innocent people from different parts of the world and some had nothing to do with their indiscriminate acts. Being shot was too good for them. They would consider themselves as martyrs, now having virgins to entertain them in their afterlife. How warped can their ideology be?
  • charsocal
    - Was thinking of you and Kingalfred when all this was happening. I have no answers for you or any others why....... Mentally ill,or mentally abused. I don't know how many other members are from the UK but I know, Univox members & we the people of the US were mortified as well.
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks, dear Charsocal for your love and prayerful thoughts of us over this side of the pond. Since the terrorists problem, we avoid going to crowded places as they are potential targets. However, events in London showed they are using new tactics as London bridge was not a crowded place but mind you, it's a popular site for visitors to walk along and sightsee.
  • charsocal
    - I can understand you wanting to avoid crowded places as it was just this weekend my husband wanted to go to the movies and my first thought was "I don't know with all thats been happening", but it can happen anywhere anyplace large crowds or small but we can't stop living even though it is scary. Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was preaching. Just glad to see your fine and assuming you didn't know any of the poor victims. Oh, and we did go to the movies and hubby fell asleep, lol....
  • Kingalfred
    My Daughter..lives..works in Manchester ..what they did'nt put in the news a few days after 2 suspicious characters ,roaming and taking pictures of areas of her work ,ceilings up stairs , entrances downstairs , appropriate people called.,. place searched .,.hardly stealthy doing that in plain site .,. was it a hoax,scare tactics.,.i don't know .,. either way it never made the news .,.maybe not wanting to alarm further .,. her work .,. in a mall .,. a childrens soft play area .,. where parents can dump the rugrats .,. shop.,.return.,.retrieve .,.
    yeah.,.
    sigh.,.
    *wanders off*
  • charsocal
    - That is so very scary, but glad to hear you and your daughter are fine. My brother in law is from London but has resided in California for many of his adult years but still frequents the UK to visit his family members with his wife and teen son. They are feeling blessed that they knew no one that was injured or killed in both Manchester and London but of course grieving for the ones who were. They have also decided not to visit for a while which is sad.
  • Kingalfred
    Charsocal
    I live in Leeds ..next city across from Manchester
    But that was their aim ..to make people think twice
    As to visiting or attending public functions ..
    ..disruption .. They tried to hire a 7 ton truck but couldn't afford it
    The van they had which crashed had petrol bombs in the back
    Fortunately none thrown .. The drunken British yobs which the tabloids love to discredit on all occasions
    Pelted them with chairs ,bottles ,pint glasses . doormen stood their ground as best they could ..
    One man jumped infront of the armed police vehicles .. Screaming and pointing down the street they were.. Fortunately the driver understood this sign language of confusion and despair ... Shots fired ..game over ..
    "It could have been worse"
    A phrase that can only be written by a none directly affected 'onlooker'
    ... Its sad but it wont stop there .. And any where could be next ...... 22nd of the month I think thats the 6th time ? That day has seen used to "Attack" citizens across Europe
  • godseeconomy
    Best not to let the cat out of the bag, then if they were potential terrorists, they would be on the alert that police might be tailing them Covert surveillance should not let the cat out of the bag to all and sundry. It defeats the purpose otherwise. Best to report all unsual behaviour and let the police do their followup QUIETLY & UNOBTRUSIVELY.
  • godseeconomy
    Don't be sorry, there's nothing to be sorry about. Such attacks can happen anywhere. And we have to carry on as usual, only need to be more vigilant.
  • David Smith
    My goodness! London hit again with another tragedy! My prayers go out to all those who were killed or injured in that tragic apartment fire.
  • charsocal
    - Yea, I was watching it on the news then the news came on about the shootings of the congressmen here in the US. Crazy!
    Prayers again to the London victims and the congressmen in the US
  • Paulgro
    The world is really going crazy!! People getting shot or mowed down with cars and trucks. That high rise fire in London. I never saw a building burn like that one did. So many lives lost.
  • charsocal
    What the heck is going on in London AGAIN! Just turned on the news and another vehicle ( Van ) hits pedestrians, several casualties, 3 men exited the van but one arrested. Still confused where in London it happened. Prayers again to our Univox UK members.
  • charsocal
    - Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your country. Bless you both the UK and my brother in law that is from the UK.
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks, charsocal. Amen, Lord. Bless and comfort the bereaved and injured. What a time London is having! I suspected the cladding was not fire-proof as soon as I saw the news. True enough, a day or 2 later there has been reports that inferior cladding was used. Surprising that there was only one staircase in that tower block!!
  • Marvy
    Nice. Thanks for sharing.
  • frances turkel
    My blessing and prays to all of you that have family in London
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.