• J Zerbs
    I've seen it mentioned before by several regular members of the forum so I thought I'd make a poll to see what others think about the subject.
    Since there have only been 2 winners the last 8 months in the surprise me contest I think either the way the winner is picked should be changed so only active members are eligible to win or it should be replaced with a different contest like has suggested.
    1. Should how the winner is chosen for the Surprize me contest be changed or the contest replaced? (29 votes)
        Yes, change it so only active members are eligible to win.
        59%
        No, it's fine the way it is.
          7%
        Replace it with a different contest.
        34%
  • charsocal
    - Thank you for posting this! Yes, change it so only active members are eligible to win.
  • Krystyna
    I voted for that only the active members should be eligible to win otherwise makes no sense to keep the contest and award ghosts that don't even bother to claim the prize.
  • J Zerbs
    Another thing I thought of in the past was if the winner doesn't claim their prize give the points away to another member or even better members. If for example the winner doesn't claim their 200 point prize give 10 random members who used the site the day before 20 points each or 5 members 40 points each. Even if the amount won is smaller I think having multiple winners and having only those who used the site recently eligible to win would make more members happy and get more interested in the contest. It potentially could lead to more part time users coming to the site everyday instead of just a couple times a week as well.
  • Syvynn
    Let's just hope that Admin listens :)
  • Bob Dack
    Turn it into a check-in Snowball draw that way
    you will have to check the page every time you
    want into the draw to win the prize!
  • sharonh
    Someone would need to define active....Attempted at least one survey in the past 30 days? 20? 7?
  • sharonh
    My name is on there as missed, but the day I was picked, I mention in ShoutMix, and I emailed support. I did eventually get my points. Ghulam was picked and I know he mention in Shoutmix that day. I don't know if Ghulam ever received the points, I know there was a complaint or two about that in Shoutmix.
  • Kingalfred
    If points are not claimed add them up over a week..month..do one of those "random" draws like you do and pick 10 "random" users...
    Also every survey completed per month should earn you one entry into a monthly draw...
  • Paulgro
    I voted "active members" I keep seeing the same names all the time.
  • charsocal
    -What month, day and year were you picked?
  • sharonh
    November 15, 2016 and it still shows me as "missed"
  • charsocal
    - I guess the way I would define active are those who are active on the forum, daily contests including FB, I'm sure I forgotten something besides of course taking surveys. If I recall correctly when this contest first started people were picked by being active on the forum, and contests.
    Even if someone isn't active on the forum or contests and just doing surveys you would think they would check the contest.
  • Donna
    I participate doing surveys, in the forum, and in the contests here on Univox. Some of us don't have or want a social media account and I don't think anyone should have to join another site (Facebook or Twitter) in order to be considered an "active" member here on Univox.
    I do have a Twitter account, but rarely use it.
  • charsocal
    - I totally agree with you about the social media. I was just trying to think about anything that defines "active member". Even if a person is not active on the forum,etc... they are considered active as long as they are doing surveys, but how can there be soooo many misses on the contest or are they active and just don't care or just don't know about the contest. Clueless.
  • Paulgro
    I don't belong to FB or Twitter and don't care to.
  • Catwoman
    ..thanks I voted for active members be eligible..I been thinking about this too, and I was also thinking that the active members shouldn't have to click on any special surprise me button/link, cause we're already attempting many surveys a day and "Admin" can see that who is active and who isn't I would think, so we ALL should be automatically entered each "Day" we are active, so we automatically get a chance to be surprised, not just "active in general" I think, cause some can be active, but still not for days or weeks, but that would be considered an active member still(this way, the odds would even be better for those who are only on for the day being active to win!) ..I'm tired, but I hope that made sense..lol dodadoby :)
  • J Zerbs
    Having everyone who completed a survey entered into the sweepstakes contest eligible to win the for the next day whether or not they clicked on the sweepstakes/take survey button is also a good idea. The button doesn't work on certain browsers or devices so some members are unable to enter even though they want to.

As far as the surprise me contest goes maybe they could make it where to be entered for each days drawing you just have to attempt a survey the day before. That or have a button/link on the contest page that you click on each day to enter. Having all 713,000+ members eligible to win when probably only a few thousand use the site in a given week is obviously going to lead to a lot of the winners not claiming their prize.
  • godseeconomy
    Univox hasn't come back with a response to this suggestion from JZerbs.
  • PrincessDC
    I just voted for the active members only are eligible.
  • Catwoman
    ..thanks and I agree with what u say
  • frances turkel
    I just voted for the active members only are eligible.
  • Benny
    I agree with you 100%. I think that active members should only be eligible. I also agree with Krystyna about the ghost. lol. But so true. Admin. your active members are wanting a change.
  • charsocal
    Need to have this thread posted ever day until the issue is resolved.
  • charsocal
    Vote please
  • Krystyna
    Yes,that's my vote.
  • Wizard8072
    Yes - my vote as well - and it is good that Admin does review the post - look forward to working with them to see what "fine tuning" we can effect on the site - over all very pleased with the site myself :-)
  • Admin
    The issue is taken seriously and will be sorted soon
  • Wizard8072
    Thanks for the follow-up and effort !!!!
  • godseeconomy
    Eagerly looking forward to that, Admin.
  • Kingalfred
    I think the 3000000 unclaimed points should be given to charity...
  • charsocal
    - I didn't know you knew my middle name!
  • Benny
    Call me what you want, just give me points.lol lol.
  • charsocal
    - I'll split it with you,lol...........
  • Benny
    OK, Where do I sign. lol.
  • Wizard8072
    Admin - First of all - Thank you for all you do for us members - it is truly appreciated !! I keep trying to take the survey for the sweepstakes, but it still never let's me. I also noted (I hate to use names, but Marvette Johnson - and I am happy for Marvette) has won 23 of the last 100 sweepstakes drawings - not sure how that happens unless hardly anyone is able to complete the highest converting survey of the day? Any information on how this continually happens would be appreciated by all I am sure :-) Have a great day and again thank you so much for your efforts and support!!
  • Admin
    We do understand the issue and trust taken it equally seriously, but as per our finding its more of technical than intentional. We are reminding or our respective technical team to adhere to the issue and provide us the fair solution. Hopefully it will get resolved super quick. THanks
  • Wizard8072
    Thanks for the follow-up and efforts - it is good to see you are addressing the issue as I am sure other members will appreciate the opportunity to share in the sweepstakes rewards :-)
  • cjsenour
    I have a question about Surprise Me. Some times I click on the package and there is no name there. How often is it posted? or has someone claimed it for the day already?
  • Donna
    I know for sure that there is no name posted/drawn on Saturdays and Sundays. Once in a while they miss a day here and there during the week.
  • flygirl
    The results are totally manipulated by univox. Questions are not answered. Calls are not returned. The bot fails in every way.
    It is a good way to waste your time.
  • flygirl
    The failure to address the issues is intentional, though.
  • xrayspex
    Surprise me contest? This is an old thread bumped up by flygirl for some reason. This is 3 years ago..lol.
  • Kingalfred
    Think the Xmas con test was/is the new "surprise me" option ......
    See what next payouts are worked out like...
  • Donna
    Lol! I was certainly surprised by the outcome for October! Not in a good way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.