• weslynnd55
    I am dehydrating lots of food this summer. I don't have a freezer so I am trying all kinds of foods. So far, all things work, even watermelon.
  • J Zerbs
    How much watermelon are you left with after you dehydrate it? There's so much so water in watermelon it'd probably be like watermelon jerky or fruit leather after you dehydrated it. That sounds good i may try it just to see what it's like.
  • charsocal
    - What is your secret to dehydrate watermelon?
  • Syvynn
    Watermelon chips, candy or whatever it's called when its dehydrated sounds yummy. But, I just wouldn't want to mess with the perfection of it as it is. Ice Cold.
  • frances turkel
    J Zerbs
    watermelon jerky or fruit jerky petty cool thanks for sharing!
  • Paulgro
    Almost sounds like the old joke, "dehydrated water,just add water". Can't be much left of a watermelon after taking the water out.
  • J Zerbs
    I've never tried it with watermelon, but have dehydrated other fruits and made fruit leather before.
  • charsocal
    - My husband is the real cook in our family and has one of those crazy gadgets ( a dehydrating machine ) that gets lost until he hears about about something interesting, shhhhhhh.lol . But I'm so curious about the watermelon. My only thoughts are to mash the crap out of the water then dehydrate. Hope wes gets back with me.
  • J Zerbs
    I looked it up because it sounded interesting. http://momwithaprep.com/dehydrate-watermelon/
    I never tried it but might ( bought a dehydrator from Amazon last year using the gift cards I got doing surveys). I'd think you also might be able to mash it up and do it that way, that's how you make fruit leather. I've made that before, depending on what fruits you use it can be chewy or soft like a fruit roll up or fruit by the foot snack.
  • Debasmita
    Me too never tried watermelon
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.