• Donna
    Is anyone getting spam messages from Rebecca33 in your Univox inbox? If you are, would you forward one of those to Univox? I already deleted the three that I got today, and I also don't know how to forward something from my inbox here, or if you can even do that. I did already let Uni know about the spam on Shoutmix, and they asked if I could forward the message to them.
  • Syvynn
    I have it, I will send it to them.
  • Donna
    Thanks! How do you do that?
  • Syvynn
    I didn't forward it. I just took a screenshot of it and sent it to Univox support. They don't have the ability to forward on here. I could probably try to add them to the conversation (with Rebecca) but it would send her a message too... and it might or might not show Univox her original message since they weren't part of the chain when it began.

They were saying forward because they thought it was to our email address... just like they thought that with the last spammer we had.
  • Donna
    Ok thanks! I didn't think you could forward stuff here on the Forum, and I did clarify with them that it was my inbox here on the Forum. I don't know how to do screen shots, either. I've posted before that I'm not completely computer illiterate, but I'm pretty darn close!
  • Syvynn
    They sent back a message to say that it was spam, to ignore it, and they have banned the member. But as of me typing this, the member was still here.
  • Syvynn
    Are you using Windows?
  • Donna
    Yep, Windows.
  • bigdayqueen
    I thought it was a little creepy, saying they liked my profile pic. It's just a large B...lol.
  • Syvynn
    You should have a program called Snipping Tool. I know it's on Windows 10 and Vista at least. If you can find it (if you have Windows 10 - just click the circle cortana icon and have her search "Snipping Tool") you can use that make best screenshots... so you can pick and choose which areas of the screen you "grab".
  • Donna
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • Syvynn
    You're welcome. If you have it, it might be a little self-explanatory.. but if you need assistance with it, just let me know.
  • Christina
    Ok I wasn't the only one. I got two from them. Thanks for reporting :)
  • Krystyna
    I got the same message this morning.I wonder if that Rebecca is she or he?.
  • Kerwin Cross
    Not a big deal I just hit delete! ;)
  • godseeconomy
    yes, i got one too. St away, I suspected it was spam. She said I'm so cute! How does she know? Liar!
  • Paulgro
    Yes I received one last night and one this morning.

Rebecca33 and you

Rebecca33
    Hi, my name is Terisa Jackson from United State. Am so sorry to disturb you l saw your awesome profile pic and l got interested. l will like to know more about you please reply me on this email for more introduction.() thanks.
  • Krystyna
    I never,ever respond to this kind of messages,here in my inbox ,emails or any other kind of social communication.
  • charsocal
    - Yes I did to. She / he wanted me to email her/ him back and I said I couldn't and I asked what She/he wanted to know about me. I talked to Krystyna and we had a few laughs about it then I sent back another note saying not to bother me again. - Exact same message I got!
  • charsocal
    This is not the first person wanting to friend me or others I know on this site, CREEPY!!!!
  • Paulgro
    I knew it was Spam since they say "awesome profile pic" like a coffee cup is awesome!! You get these all the time in email but first time I have ever gotten it on a message board.
  • Donna
    Know what you mean. My profile pic is an "awesome letter D".
  • Paulgro
    But we are awesome!! :D
  • Michele
    Hi, I got the exact same message and I just replied to her! I did think it a bit weird though and thought I'd just answer her on the conversation here and not send an email to her! Thanks for letting everyone know it's spam.
    User Michele
  • flygirl
    i received it, too.
  • Paulgro
    She probably went down the member list and seeing all those awesome pics she just had to send us a message!!
  • Krystyna
    Actually I was not sure what kind of profile picture she was talking about,the one on FB or forum's avatar/picture ?
  • Paulgro
    I would say since it was brought up here she was taliking about here. Doesn't matter since she didn't get anyone.
  • J Zerbs
    Seemed like just a generic message that would be sent to people by mail, Facebook on forums, ect., if she or he had actually bothered to look at the forum they'd of noticed most members don't even have profile picks just a letter. There was that other spammer a few weeks ago who sent everyone a message here on the forum and I responded to him here on the forum but he didn't answer back. He then sent a second message asking why I didn't reply (everyone seemed to this message too) so it doesn't seem like it's even a person sending the message probably just a bot.
  • Paulgro
    They send this stuff out hoping that at least one person will click on the address. There you will find a sales pitch or malware.
  • Krystyna
    Agree,that's why I said in a previous comment;I never,ever respond to this kind of messages,here and elsewhere.
  • Paulgro
    You would be surprised how many people do. Keeps Spammers in business. Glad to see no one here fell for it.
  • godseeconomy
    You ARE AWESOMELY made, all of us are! We're made in God's image!
  • frances turkel
    UNIVOX..
    .WE ARE RECEIVING THIS MESSAGE: THIS IS SPAM! CAN YOU PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS ???

THIS IS THE EMAIL ALL OF US RECEIVED:

Paulgro↪Donna Krystyna Something is wrong
  • Krystyna
    Are you still getting it?
  • Donna
    I am not getting these messages anymore. Is it an old message, Frances? I did look in the members list and Rebecca33 is still listed as a member. However that FrankWilliam or whoever he was (that first scam message that a lot of us received) is no longer listed.
  • frances turkel
    Krystyna YES ! THAT'S WHY I just pointed before you ask me if I still received that
    (T jackson email)????
  • Krystyna
    I'm not getting it anymore and Uni said on shoutmix that she's banned.
  • Donna
    Frances, do you still have the spam message or did you delete it already? When you look at it in your inbox does it say how many days ago the message was from, or when you received it?
  • Donna
    Has anyone else gotten a recent spam message from Rebecca33? I haven't gotten any more.
  • Syvynn
    Nope, they banned her. They (he, she, it) can't send messages unless they get a new account.

ta2th81uogs22fsh.png
  • Donna
    Oh wow! I only looked to see if he/she/it was still listed. I didn't notice where it said "banned". Wow, I really like that profile pic!
    Oh and congrats on two Sweepstakes wins in a row! That happened to me a month or two ago, also!
  • Syvynn
    Yeah, I didn't know there was a place for "banned" on it either. I just pulled it up to show that Rebecca was still listed as a member of the forum, that's when I saw banned. So now we all know!

Thank you, yeah same thing happened back in April to me as well. The points sure are nice, I was able to cash out on them again.
  • Debasmita
    I got the same message, but couldn't understand that it was spam, so replied to her, though I haven't given any information About me
  • Paulgro
    after those 3 times I haven't received any Spam from that guy or her.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.