• vivian alexander
    I have never seen that type of bird, they almost don't look real, But that's really cool that they mate for life, I have heard that about other types of birds too.
  • charsocal
    If i'm not mistaken, I believe lions and tigers mate for life also. Cute picture.
  • ruth
    good one
  • godseeconomy
    Some other birds too, have life-long partners. I can't remember which.
  • Vincent
    We’ve all heard it countless times: Certain bird species mate for life, including geese, swans, cranes and eagles. It’s a true statement, for the most part, but it’s only part of the story. Lots of monogamous bird species cheat, and some “divorce”—but at rates much lower than humans. About 90 percent of bird species are monogamous, which means a male and a female form a pair bond. But monogamy isn’t the same as mating for life. A pair bond may last for just one nesting, such as with house wrens; one breeding season, common with most songbird species; several seasons, or life.
  • Vincent
    We lived in the Scottish border country for about 20 years and just offshore of the Northumberland coast there are 2 groups of islands - Coquet and Farne where Puffins live and breed. People take boat trips to see them and the resident seals. We often took the kids. There are about 580,000 pairs in the UK in various sites. Currently on the 'Red' list of endangered species, they live almost exclusively on Sand eels so are vulnerable to over-fishing of this species (they are caught by industrial fishing for animal feed and fertiliser) The Puffins are delightful , colourful and engaging birds. My daughter's 3 yo adamantly calls them Penguins....
  • vivian alexander
    Vicente, That's awesome, I'd love to see to them in real life, they are so pretty that's what make them look so unrealistic looking they look like a picture.
  • frances turkel
    Their so beautiful and natural looking like vivian said they look like picture
  • sascha
    Yes, the Atlantic Puffin I have seen in Maine, New Hampshire, and in Canada. Some Breeds of Geese also mate for life.
  • Crafty501
    I've seen lots of Puffins when we visited Newfoundland. Very interesting birds
  • Krystyna
    Beside them mating for life,I like the fact that they "set aside room for their toilet";how great of them to be able to distinguish the difference between living quarters and the rest.....
  • Debasmita
    One more interesting fact that a puffin can fly as fast as 55 mph
  • frances turkel
    wow Out ragous
    BoB where did you get the bunny from
  • Paulgro
    Only seen pictures of them

Quail run up to 60 MPH.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.