• Krystyna
    9heq59sw3msoiyqj.jpg
    "Even though you might deny it, it won’t change the fact that you live in a world created by marketers. Advertising is a powerful force that has shaped our attitudes and behavior since the beginning of the 20th century when it got into radio, and the late 1940s when it got into television.

With great power comes great responsibility, but try telling that to someone working in the advertising field in the early 20th century. Even today, advertising doesn’t try very hard to conform to moral standards, but after looking back at some offensive, racist and sexist vintage ads – today’s ads are as good as gold.

Besides being discriminating, vintage ads were also full of lies. Interesting fact – the first American advertisement to use a sexual sell was created by a woman for a soap product.

Whether we like it or not, it is a piece of history worth seeing for everyone."
    8zzvk118293s6nz0.jpg
    pf9jqdb1gi9j8smf.jpg
    kxn7mkngs3ybbql6.jpg
    jbr3s9b9493emzt7.jpg
    g4xjgwq1lnvkmkhr.jpg
    543x30umx8l3m32c.jpg
    le6bzm5h60xkyr1j.jpg
    j0v69ciqooh9aqja.jpg
    00309lb5s2s6im2e.jpg
    z4qoigzwr2wl3cmo.jpg
    z4qoigzwr2wl3cmo.jpg
    5htx7ckoyd426per.jpg
    5htx7ckoyd426per.jpg
    p1zas9rbo2fmsvnu.jpg
    inpvlto4hrqvhxwz.jpg
    ypv1xzv8ah9d6lwv.jpg
    scstd0fwk0cjkrvr.jpg
    uwqvn2tp1ya3lgis.jpg
    9hkrx4f8r25f8dxm.jpg
    Attachment
    ad12 (141K)
  • godseeconomy
    We're too politically correct nowadays. I remember some of those adverts.
  • Patrick Raymond
    Very interesting advertisements, glad to view them.
  • J Zerbs
    I agree we're too PC nowadays but it's hard to defend these ads.
  • bigdayqueen
    Good riddance to most of those ads!
  • Vivienne
    Good riddance to this misogynistic clap trap!
  • frances turkel
    wow this really brings back memories !! These cormercials are really old and in took place many many years ago! some still make sense considering!!
  • J Zerbs
    The Gillette safety razor one isn't that bad IMO, it shows their razors are so safe even a baby could use it without cutting themselves. You wouldn't see a add like that nowadays though.
  • Paulgro
    I remember some of these but not all. Even I'm not that old.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.