• Gina Karl
    These facts are amazing! I just don't understand how anyone could perform without at least 7 hours of sleep.
    Gina201
  • Krystyna
    Yes,interesting facts .....
  • godseeconomy
    My husband is very good at power napping. Makes me really jealous. Once I'm awake, I can't get back to sleep until night time. It was a torture when I had to do shift work when in the nhs.
  • frances turkel
    I used to run on 4hrs or less sleep when I was younger but, these days I usually need more sleep.
    I just hate when I do fall asleep and wake up in the wee hrs of the morning and then I can't fall back in a good sleep!
  • godseeconomy
    I so envy my husband. He can power nap any time, any day, any where!! If I nap less than an hour I wake up with a stinking headache. It puts me out of sorts for the rest of the day. Once I'm awake, I can't get back to sleep.
  • Crafty501
    If I can get to sleep by 11:30ish I am usually awake by 1 to 1:30 and not able to get back to sleep until about 5am. On the other hand if I don't fall asleep fairly quickly then it's usually 3 to 4am before I get to sleep. On the other hand my husband seems to be able to fall asleep just about anywhere and anytime.
  • frances turkel
    Ive heard that alot about Men they fall asleep much easier then us Women...Why I don't know
  • Vivienne
    I sleep whenever I start to get a cold or or starting to get a cold. Sleep always helps to knock it right out!
  • Christina
    I'm the same way. I never seem to be able to get a good night sleep. My husband on the other hand can sleep anywhere.
  • rpressey
    Interesting facts. My favorite is the one about Da Vinci!
  • charsocal
    I wish they would get rid of daylight savings time as it messes up my sleeping pattern up so darn bad for about a good week or so.
  • Crafty501

I agree completely
  • Donna
    It doesn't mess with my sleep and I love the extra daylight in the summer. What I hate is that it will get to be 7:00 or 7:30 and I haven't even made dinner yet because it doesn't feel as late as the clock says it is. Takes me a week or two to get in the habit of starting dinner long before it gets dark! :)
  • Jules
    I have insomnia which is a real burden when u have kids & work....
    It is also a great excuse when due to lack of sleep im a little "dippy" rather than "witty"
  • sascha
    My one son and I have always had insomnia. I sleep maybe 3 or 4 hours a night. There are plenty of times, when I don't sleep for 2 days. I was born with a heart valve problem. My heart skips a beat a couple of times when I do sleep. Lately, I have had a problem with sleep paralysis. The amount of sleep a person gets at night usually is based on the amount of melatonin the brain is producing.People that work 3rd shift ,A/k/a the graveyard shift, suffer from lack of melatonin. Men that work 3rd shift also have decreased levels of seratonin and L.dopamine . This can cause a form of dementia. My husband has it.He still had signs of the dementia 2 years after he stopped working 3 rd shift. In some cases, the effects can be permanent. Women that work 3rd shift have a higher risk of breast cancer.
  • Fastcab
    If I do not get enough sleep, I will wake up like Godzilla.
  • frances turkel
    I've had insomnia all my left...even as a child ! My parents went nuts with me not being able to sleep like the average child ! My parents put us to bed by 8pm and I'd be up by ten and not go back til 1 a.m....crazy huh!
    I didn't know that causes dementia..Wow that explains alot now that I think about my childhood!
    Here in tucson, Az. we don't have to change the clocks its always the same time..not like the east and west coasts...Thank you guys for all these new facts....catch you all hopefully Monday...
  • godseeconomy
    We women are busy bees. Even lying in bed, our minds are all over the place, planning what to do tomorrow etc, etc etc., keeping us awake. The more i count sheep, the more awake i get. So don't do that useless exercise!.
  • sascha
    I agree with you!
  • henutti
    very interesting i usually take short naps during some days
  • J Zerbs
    Remember seeing that Prince hadn't slept for 6 days before he died.
  • Bob Dack
    297803584__Prince_Tribute_Purle_Rain_123_25lo.jpg

My Prince tribute comic cover I posted on another site!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.