• Admin
    If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
    ar0m0na80wob0zl7.png
  • J Zerbs
    Technically true but a bunch of other common activities can cause the same things to happen, including sneezing normally.
  • vivian alexander
    I never knew the facts, but I did sneeze so hard one time it felt like a blood vessel on the side of my head busted.
  • Crafty501
    If you have surgery and need to sneeze they tell you to keep your mouth open - I guess so the sneeze goes through the mouth and not the nose. Well in my case I had surgery for both sinuses and they broke my nose first so they wanted to make sure my sinuses would heal. Of course as soon as you are told not to do something, we know that's what you need to do.
  • godseeconomy
    Any aneurysm in any part of your body but esp the head, can potentially burst any time even whilst playing tennis for example!
  • Jules

My son was born with an aneurysm in the brain. It was explained to me to think of it as a bruise - Some keep swelling (in my sons case would do brain damage or death due to the location).
    some reach their maximum & then go down without doing too much damage. ATT it was the not knowing which way this "bruise" would go.
    Thank you God, he is now a healthy young adult studying law.
  • charsocal
    Your son was truly blessed. I know you must count your blessings for having him on this earth with you.
  • charsocal
    Actually I enjoy sneezing. If I ever get that feeling like I have to sneeze and can't I just look at a bright light and bammm there goes the sneeze.
  • Krystyna
    Oh,you must be kidding by saying that you enjoy sneezing.....
  • Jules
    dear charsocal
    Thank you for your words. I will never forget those awful days waiting.... waiting & not allowed to touch him etc...

P.S. On a lighter note, i love sneezing - I feel like it clears my head mentally though it can play havoc on my eye makeup
    Attachment
    mimages (13K)
  • Jules

Gosh im going to encourage my nosey neighbour to hold in her sneezes, lol
    >:)
  • J Zerbs
    Glad to hear your son is fine, can't imagine ( or maybe I don't want to) the anxiety you must of felt waiting and not knowing what was going to happen.
  • godseeconomy
    Thank you, Lord for watching over Jules & son. Thanks for sharing. So glad he is doing well. His life is (all our lives are) in His hands.
  • godseeconomy
    You can have an epistaxis for sneezing, esp sneezing hard. It is also a way to relieve high pressure in the region. Sometimes it occurs in the conjunctiva and it is so red it can be very alarming. It'll get absorbed eventually.
  • vivian alexander
    Godseeconomy, Good to know, thanks for info, I have allergies really bad and spend alot of time sneezing, but very few feel like a blood vessel busted, but the epstaxis happens often, especially the bright red, but I appreciate you sharing Thanks again
  • Jules

I clearly remember why it was so hard for me to quit Uni after redemption frustrations. I am a very reclusive type of person. Uni members are so funny, witty kind & loyal its like a membership in the "sincerity & kindness of all race n religions anonymous".
    Jules
  • Dan D
    This reminds me of that show on Spike TV 1000 ways to die. Very depressing...
  • charsocal
    Yes indeed. The more you are here the more you will feel like family. Hope your redemption problems will be a thing of the past. I have never had a problem, knock on wood.
  • frances turkel
    I'm glad we are all together WE ARE TRULY A FAMILY ; iTS NICE TO SHARE PERSONAL STUFF AND RECEIVE FEED BACK
  • sascha
    Very true. My friend died of a brain aneurysm at the age of 38 while talking to her mother on the telephone. I have suffered 2 brain aneurysms- 1 caused by a sinus infection and 1 caused by an asthma attack from dust. Of course, the hospital insisted what I had were 2 strokes and treated me accordingly.
  • frances turkel
    wow I hope you stay well..I have Asthma and trouble with my sinus but, its pretty much controlled!
    I hope your feeling better.
  • godseeconomy
    I get wheezy from dust and pollen too. i have an antihistamine spray to use as necessary. take care, sascha.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.