• Krystyna
    Again,the print is very small,even when enlarged ,I can't read but found this info and the facts are kind of scary...
  • J Zerbs
    I've seen this before and some of the claims like #1 (the vomiting part) aren't true and other parts are exaggerated but you get the idea you shouldn't drink coke very often if ever. It's not just coke this applies to but pretty much all kinds of soda.
  • Krystyna
    I don't care about soda at all;prefer to drink water and juices.....
  • ceedee
    I have GERD and I have quit drinking carbonated drinks and it has made a world for difference. I wish I would have realized that before, except soft drinks are an everyday part of our society.
  • godseeconomy
    I understand mexico is the country that consumes the most coke, in the world. The obesity problem is unbelievable.
  • godseeconomy
    Too much of such fizzy drinks are supposed to eat away your enamel, hence bad for dentition, esp, the children's.
  • Krystyna
    Right,thing what it does to teeth and body...
    "In the world of green cleaning many applications for cola are publicized, including:

Shining up a tarnished copper penny
    Cleaning stains in toilet bowl
    Removing rust, especially from chrome on the bumpers of motorcycles and cars
    Taking out grease from clothes

For the science of cleaning, some of the benefits of cola that contributes to the ability of these natural green home cleaning strategies to work are:

Low pH. Similarly, many cleaners are acidic. (The average pH of Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and other colas is 3.4.)
    Carbonation combined with the acid can dissolve the metal oxides and remove tarnish from copper, brass and other metal alloys.
    Citric acid is known to remove the stains
    Phosphoric acid is commonly used for rust removal.
    Carbonic acid dissolves limestone and may break down some of the mineral build-up."
  • godseeconomy
    I know someone who uses coke in cooking food, marinate chicken, pork, beef, turkey. Quite delicious really!!
  • J Zerbs
    Yeah I've seen that too, being so acidic it would probably help tenderize the meat pretty well. I've also seen it used in baked goods like cake or cookies.
  • Crafty501
    I don't drink any sodas. I prefer tea, coffee (usually 1 cup a day) milk and water
  • Krystyna
    Yes,I have seen recipes that include coca-cola or pepsi but never tried personally.
  • bigdayqueen
    Our neighbors makes yummy meatball appetizers using Coke.
  • J Zerbs
    If modern day Coca-Cola has all these negative effects I wonder how bad the original ( 1885-1903) version that had cocaine in it was for you. Actually the first version had both cocaine and alcohol in it and was sold as a medicine that claimed to cure many diseases. The alcohol was taken out and extra sugar and caffeine added because Atlanta passed a prohibition law in 1886.
  • J Zerbs
    Something a lot of people don't know about Coca-Cola is coca leaves are still used in making it today. Although they've been illegal in the country since 1922 Coca-Cola was granted a exemption by the DEA and imports about 100 metric tons of coca leaves into the U.S. each year. First shipped to a lab the leaves have all the active alkaloids taken out of them. The "cocaine free" leaves are then shipped to Coca-Cola.
  • Abu Sufian
    i usual use cook good for every after lunch
  • Sarika
    I love Coke
  • hunter689
    Like coke but prefer Pepsi
  • sascha
    There are many south Americans and central Americans that still smoke coca leaves.
  • sascha
    #1 and #3 are FALSE. The other points are exaggerated.
  • J Zerbs
    Didn't know people smoked them, I've heard of people chewing them before. Do you know if they smoke them to get high or is it just part of a religious ceremony or something like that?
  • frances turkel
    I remember years ago when they started speaking about the dangers of Coke; They showed when you spill coke on dry paint it actually removed the paint on the wall !
    Its been years so I do not remember all the dangers of Coke!
  • Paulgro
    My avatar says what I drink!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.