• vivian alexander
    I know color is usually a major factor, but its very interesting to see it broken down into percentages like that.☺
  • Crafty501
    Yes, colour is a big factor. You can like a dress or other article of clothing or find the perfect recliner but if it's not the right colour, it's unlikely you are going to purchase it.

Crafty501
  • godseeconomy
    Could colour preference be culture/race related?
  • Admin
    Not exactly its related to any specific group or culture its common with human instinct to get attracted to colorful bright and vibrant things.:D
  • godseeconomy
    I love blue, my husband loves red.
  • Crafty501
    You make a good point Univox. I always do my best to give honest opinions when doing surveys as I am sure most do
  • Krystyna
    That's the whole concept about surveys;participants should give honest,unbiased opinion because so much affects the final end results.
  • hunter689
    I do honest opiions but sometimes the surveys dont work
  • J Zerbs
    The original ( sad but more realistic) ending of Pretty Women was also changed after showing it to test audiences. Things being changed happens all the time with movies, sometimes for the better sometimes not.
  • godseeconomy
    I don't like to post reviews after positive or negative experiences from retailers. Seems like too much trouble. I have more pressing things to get on with my time and energy.
  • Sarah GRANT
    this is good to know i like an hear that my honest opinion matter
  • Ashok Bhatia
    always be clear on opinion . I know .
  • J Zerbs
    Doing surveys here on Univox and on other sites in the past I've had a few where the survey was to watch a episode of a new show and give my opinion on it.
  • Crafty501
    That's interesting Admin. I agree I usually trust recommendations from people I know but it starts to slide after that when I consider the source and often the recommendation could be from someone with something to gain if they can sell the product.

Crafty501
  • charsocal
    Sometimes I wonder about consumer opinions posted online, exspecially the ones that maybe have 10 opinions, but somehow they all sound the same.
  • Krystyna
    I do tend to trust people that I know personally and who had good experience with product/company.I read consumers reviews before making purchase but I don't base my final decision solely on those reviews because something may work for some people and don't work for others;I read them to get general idea.
  • godseeconomy
    I weigh up all the pros and cons and make my own judgement. Also reviews are not to be totally trusted. Some companies may get their own staff to post good reviews. They don't pull wool over my beady eyes.
  • Krystyna
    Exactly,that was my point about me reading the reviews :to get general idea about product(s),then is up to me to buy or not,but sometimes the reviews help too,either bad or good feedbacks,regardless who posts them,i just use my own judgement...
  • sascha
    That's not exactly how it works. Bright colors such as Red, Yellow, and Orange stimulate the central nervous system. The color blue actually depresses the central nervous system. That is why some restaurants that have buffets and such will use blue plates, hoping that people will not eat much. People that have blue as a main color in their kitchen, tend to eat less and suffer from depression.
  • sascha
    I am detailed oriented and have a husband and at least one child on the Autism Spectrum. Smell, texture, and colors play a very big role in what attracts them to a product.
  • godseeconomy
    Surprise to learn blue is a depressive colour. It is so relaxing!
  • frances turkel
    Now you know how the Expression I HAVE THE BLUES.....CAME FROM! iT'S CRAZY BLUE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR AND I NEVER PUT IT TOGETHER FOR YEARS I HAD A DEPRESSION CONDITION...BUT, TODAY I AM DOING BETTER THANK G-D BUT, I STILL FAVOR BLUE!!
  • J Zerbs
    Blue is most people's favorite color, and from what I've read it's just a myth that the color blue depresses people.
  • Dan D
    It makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Besides your favorite color, certain colors affect people in different ways. This is way houses are stages and painted in certain colors and why certain brand of clothing sell better when it's a certain color.
  • Dan D
    I don't trust anyone 100%. I would rather make my own decision about any product or service.
  • godseeconomy
    I'm happy to hear that. I love blue. My husband loves red. Guess the main colours of my clothes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
  • J Zerbs
    Some of the comments got me wondering why certain colors are associated with certain emotions. Blue with being depressed/feeling down, green with envy, red with anger. Well red being associated with anger makes sense because some people's face will literally get red when they're angry, but why is blue associated with feeling sad or green with envy?
  • godseeconomy
    I've heard of green with envy and red with anger. blue is melancholy. so depression comes into it.
  • sascha
    Yes, it is relaxing. That is why it depresses the central nervous system. Babies with health problems are recommended by the doctors to have the colors red, yellow, and orange near them to help stimulate the central nervous system.
  • sascha
    The color red generally does not cause anger. It is harmonious in nature. Red, yellow, and orange tend to cause happiness and activity. Some people use the color green to represent envy but it does not cause envy. Colors like red, yellow, and orange, and green represent warmth,
  • sascha
    I do not know why colors are chosen by some people to represent those things. I only know the positive effect that certain colors have on the human body. Exposure to the color blue calms people, depresses their nervous system, and depresses their appetite. The colors red, yellow, and orange stimulate the appetite, express warmth, and provide energy to the nervous system. Babies that are sick tend to recover faster and even thrive around the colors.Places in the US that treat babes with illnesses such as AIDS and cancer use the colors.
  • J Zerbs
    I've also seen that pink can have a calming effect. Some cities painted their jail cells pink and some college sports teams painted the opposing team's locker room pink for the calming effect.
  • sascha
    Yes! I forgot about that! Some cities not only painted their jail cells pink, but they also made the hardened inmates wear pink clothing. They swear it calmed them down.
  • frances turkel
    wo this is really interesting
  • charsocal
    There are several colors that I won't wear and orange is number one. I don't know why. If I'm ever asked a security about my favorite color it is always blue.
  • frances turkel
    I've tested all different types of for various survey company's and I really enjoyed it....any where from dog food to paper towels and they would pay me different amounts of money ! I found it to be fun and as I posted earlier I learned about different types of dog food(Full case) and papertowels
  • glen
    colors are very important to retail that is why they place the brighter colors where you can see them first it is how our brains are wired they process brighter colors first for some reason
  • godseeconomy
    Must be something to do with rods and cones! can't recall much my school days about colour perception...
  • Ashok Bhatia
    me and my kid loves blue color.
  • Tanisha
    I always take my surveys serioues well as my answers so being said u never like to give back bad answers are feed back
  • frances turkel
    Survey's describing different topics to do with hollywood is pretty important for the directors and produces....Our oppinions help them revise different ideas for the scripts and visonary's !
    they can work certain areas on the computers but, they still know they have to allow the actors do their jobs and then they take the scripts and revise different aspects of threvisary
  • Christina
    I enjoy giving my opinion, ideas and knowing that our points of view matters. Thanks for sharing :)
  • charsocal
    If you ever watch Good Morning America or the The Today Show, they usually have results from surveys almost every other day. The last one one was from Harris Poll on Good Morning America. I have a few times have heard of a survey result that I knew I took part in and felt really good about it. BTW my brother in law Alex Hyde - White played David Morse ( grandchild of the old man, jockey ) in Pretty Woman. Such a goofball though.
  • Sarika
    Surely, opinion shouldn't be bias , it should be straightforward and pure.
  • J Zerbs
    isn't opinion by definition going to be biased?
  • frances turkel
    I'm finding doing my survey's help me learn about different cultures and people from different country's.
    If you speak to so many people over the years you will find the people you least think different from you are really just like you! Some of your own faiths could be more against faiths then some one from a totally different cultures or belief's
  • sascha
    No, that is not how it works.
  • Stan
    Colour and taste for me when it comes to food. I'm a chef.
  • henutti
    interesting -- I myself have never had a specific favorite color i will wear any color - it depends on the model of car as to what color looks best to me as is the house I think a house chooses or a car chooses its own color
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.