• KingAIfred
    I agree with lifting or easing travel restrictions but only locally , say 2/3 miles from home ... Not daft distances ,... When the world needs compassion the most ... Out come the profiteer mongrels ... Disgrace in the face of deaths ... They should be named n shamed n boycotted ...tarred n feathered
  • Nat M

We are allowed to travel 50km from home. But Queensland in the passed 4-5 days has had only 1 new case and still 98 active cases.
    Western Australia is also easing restrictions. We are doing better then the other states.
  • KingAIfred
    thats good, seems contained .. If everyone abides yous should have it under control within 2 weeks, illiminated... My region ... Population 6 million?

zf2tfdsdode45ul8.png
  • Nat M
    Australia 25 million Qld 5.11 million

wk90j5sjx5crvky7.jpg
  • Nat M

Out of that 91 deaths 6 were from Qld
  • Tricia889
    Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic ( CANADA POPULATION aprox 37 million)

Canada cases
    Updated 30 Apr at 9:22 AM local
    Confirmed cases
    Deaths

Quebec cases ( my province )

Confirmed cases 26,594

Deaths

Some regions in the country have no cases now , where our province has over half of all cases in the entire country , and over half the deaths .We have the most and climbing and we are the only region who are sending the elementary kids back to school next week and opening up the daycares .They are also opening up some businesses and factories . I think it's too soon .
  • cjsenour
    Some US states are easing restrictions with limits such as social distancing and wearing masks. It seems to be a balance between virus and economy. Most schools here only have a couple more weeks, so it would be foolish to open for that period of time. They are also making plans for when school opens in the fall in case there is still a problem,. Virtual learning is going OK, but there is nothing like face to face contact. Most students miss their friends. Day cares still closed, so it makes it difficult for parents to go back to work. It doesn't affect me much - except getting my hair cut and colored - as I am retired. I am getting my spring housecleaning done; just finished painting the bathroom. I hope work doesn't open too soon and we have to do this all over again. If everyone would adhere to the rules, we woujld be able to get back to normal sooner.

It seems the scientists are on the verge of a medication that shortens the duration of the virus. Vaccine getting closer, maybe by the end of the year. It's going to be a looong summer.
  • Carol hughes
    It is very scary when you go to the store and 90% of people are wearing Masks me included.I feel like I'm throwing anything in my cart which is not the way I'm used to do my shopping but I want to get out of there as soon as possible.I was at the store this morning and I could see that meat is not as plentiful as it was a week ago and see many empty shelves.
  • KingAIfred
    Gotta get there as early as possible, down the shops ..
  • Carol hughes

Got there at 7:30 for Senior shopping time I guess that wasn't early enough
    What time do they think seniors get up
  • cjsenour
    I'm with you on the time. When I retired it was a pleasure to sleep late. Now I have to get up early to go shopping
  • Nat M

Think maybe too soon. I am just going by what Queensland has done. Even though we have had 1 case in the passed 4-5 days. Schools are not fully open. Only children that can not stay home because parents are still working are allowed to go, otherwise all other students have to stay home.
    No day cares are open. Many businesses still closed - social distancing still applies
  • godseeconomy
    Sad to report, my friend has just passed away with Covid-19. She was on ECMO for over 3 weeks. O Lord, be with her husband and young son right now. They are having the final moments together right now.
  • Carol hughes

So sorry for the loss of your friend
    RIP
  • Nat M

Deepest condolences for the loss of your friend :pray:
  • KingAIfred
    pebwfmfx9ffy7pue.png
    A month ...Apr/May 2nd
    k992o433338p4u98.png
    June First..Predict/assume 6.1 million infected ...440k died..
    Numbers will confirm ... Winning or losing
  • godseeconomy
    Thank you. The hp arranged for a farewell video to Malaysia for her family last night to bid her goodbye. O Lord, flood them with Your peace which surpasses human understanding at this valley they are walking through. The hp did not allow the 6 year old son in. He had to stay in the car with a friend whilst his dad was inside with another friend.
  • Tricia889

Oh no , very sad news , Condolences :pray:
  • Tricia889

Australia seems to be doing very well compared to other places. Your cold weather is coming, I wonder if that will affect things.

It's definitely too soon to open things here in Montreal . The cases are climbing every day . Our hospitals are full because they are occupied by seniors who cannot be returned to the senior living facilities because of deplorable conditions there .Many employees of these facilities are either sick or walked out due to lack of protective equiptment.

The English school board is refusing to open schools , the government says they legally have to .

The takeaways I get from this pandemic so far are how awful seniors are treated in these senior living facilities .

People can be selfish . Many are not social distancing, and streets are crowded .

Also we were really grossly unprepared for this pandemic . I don't think many governments believed it would reach so many countries and at such huge proportions . :)
  • cjsenour
    US starting to open again with social distancing. Many are taking advantage and congratulating in large groups. I know it is a hardship, especially for those who have lost their jobs either temporarily or permanently, but I'm afraid if we open too soon we will have it to do all over again.
  • Carol hughes

Indiana is also starting to reopen in Phases I am also afraid it may be to soon but I also understand that you can't live like this indefinitely..We just have to hope for the best
  • Tricia889

Afraid here too . Yes they have to open sometime but in places only where the cases are stable or going down . Hopefully they will moniter closely and make changes if needed .

Yes , hope for the best :mask:
  • Nat M
    Australias 3 step framework for reopening the country
  • Bob Dack
    Attachment
    VIDEO-2020-04-26-15-41-59 (17M)
  • Bob Dack
    Attachment
    WASTINGAWAYINCORONAVILLE (7M)
  • KellyD
    I just hope that people will continue to wear face masks and social distance when places begin to open up again. You can't be too careful.
  • Nat M

India - looks like the elephant won the right of way :lol:
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.