• Admin
    Dear Valued Members,

We have recently blocked several members across different countries due to their usage of inappropriate language (abusive/gibberish) in the surveys.

Our suggestions:

• Please take surveys carefully and sincerely
    • Read the questions before answering
    • Honest and thoughtful responses are always welcomed

Note: In above mentioned scenario the accounts of such members will be irrevocably blocked, and redemption requests will be rejected.
  • Melissa Y
    That's funny. I have never provided abusive/gibberish responses or inappropriate language in any surveys I completed. I always took my time and answered in great detail. I also never had one rejected redemption. In fact, my last redemption was approved on the day my account was blocked. I wish you could provide proof of this inappropriate activity.
  • UCLA
    yes hi, I hope you are well :)
    I was just wondering if I can rinse your survey site out of 1000 dollars in a 8-9months time frame by abusing a glitch in your system? I wont get banned or anything right? I can continue to do surveys without worrying, yes?
    Asking for a friend :)

On another note. Im not as 1/2 pissed off considering I only had like 5$ in my account before y'all decided to ban me for a total BS reason. What reason that is? I dont know. Y'all gave me like 2-3 reasons in the numerous email y'all sent me.
    You think one or two emails telling me would be enough. Apparently not, as I was still receiving emails from y'all throughout the night.
  • Melissa Y
    Exactly! I bet those people abusing the glitch still have active accounts.
  • Yee Wah
    Melissa, they block my account with unacceptable reason. and I still have 1485 points at my account, all my time spend for nothing.
  • Scousegirl
    I have no idea what's going on. This happens on both Firefox and Chrome. Haven't been able to log in since Friday, no reply to my email.
    I have over 6400 hard-earned points, never use gibberish in my answers, although I have committed the sin of living in Canada.
  • Kingalfred
    A In Canada .,.,. How Quaint ....
  • Karl Philbert
    I feel the same I have 3620 in points and they blocked my account for the same reason. This is just plain BS on the side of Univox.
  • Nat M

I have been reading offline what is going on with accounts being blocked for no apparent reason . I have not done any surveys while being overseas but there is none in my dash, even though daily I keep getting email invites .
    But wanted to put my view across about all these accounts being blocked without proof .

My understanding of survey taking is that we as users do surveys on behalf of your client. Thus our answers are private and confidential between us , the user and your client. Thus Univox should not have access to what answers are given. If Univox has got this access therefore all the accounts which Univox has blocked ,Univox should be able to provide details of the survey number ,date ,time etc
    The accounts which have been blocked and users that still have points in their account. Univox has no right to withhold payment of these points. Each user is entitled to redeem their points .

Now how can it be fair to block these accounts. But still have some users accounts still active that were taking advantage of the glitch in the app. If it was not for me posting that discussion these users would still be topping that Wall and the app would still have the glitch in it.
  • Kingalfred
    Makes sence ... "Anonymous you will be kept" ive read that a lot on survey entries
    And you will not be individualised... All answers are pooled, as it were..
    I guess you can be identified, through email address in surveys that dont state anonymous
    As ive entered surveys where it states, "checking email for previous entry"
    If at the end of the survey it asks, "anything to add, or, what do you think of our survey"
    And the user was outrageously offensive after feeling offended at doing a 17pt 20loi that turned into 40 minutes and they were too stubborn to close the window............so gave them a mouthful ........
    *whistles*
    Plus if accounts are being closed, no matter the amount, over,under redemption..
    Paypal the amount...

If they deem the tally of points was invalidly accumulated through glitchy procedure
    Then , no, dont pay out but it needs to be 100% provable....
    Also if 100% proven glitchy procedures occured,
    A stern letter of pay the money back or else.,.,.,. *shakes fist*
    Should be sent.............

The reason sites send out a 1000 surveys and pay 50p
    Is because they dont trust 80% of the responses...
    If they did they'd send out 200 and pay $2.50
    Is why the 'onest surveyer gets paid less.....

Knock knock....... I'm here all week

bbmhisdv0lc2cpv4.png
  • Bob Dack

What the heck is this about???
    I got this e-mail today?

What is this all about?
    is this for real?
    I have been with you guys for a long time and been totally legit and above board with all my surveys?

Please aswer this ASAP.

Bob Dack
    Edmonton Alberta
    Canada T5M0K1

Dear Member,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, we would like to inform that your membership has been cancelled because your survey history pattern is highly suspicious and open end answers quality was very bad according to the data we have received from our clients. Hence, you can not participate any of the surveys as you do not meet our data quality standards.

Always looking to serve you better.

Thanks
    Team Univox
  • mikeee
    wow bob.. noway! A long term beloved oldbie!
    WTH!?!?!?!
  • Bob Dack
    I don't know if this is real or a big mistake?
  • Kingalfred
    Admin i think there's a gremlin in your midst
    Your whole muddled mess is throwing up misinformation , on many counts...
  • Kingalfred
    Lots of people whom say they have done nothing to incur such wrath have been targeted
    I reckon a hacker is causing chaos with peoples "secure" details ....
  • Bob Dack
    I agree,especially if my giving dropped is for real there is a big error going on!
    I have always been above board and an a upstanding member in both communities since I joined?
    I could have got into alot more survey if I had of been dishonest in my answers?
  • Bob Dack
    How can or will this be corrected?

I have sent e-mails to support that has stated such,I hope they correct it?

As it is if this stand there is no point in only being part of half
    the community here only and not the survey part also!
  • Kingalfred
    They have to admit something fishy is going on and look into it further
    It states "irrevocable"
    so if they stick to their guns, in their eyes this is the correct action..
  • Kingalfred
    Not a lot of members come in here, so i don't know how many this has effected
    Though some knew faces have shown to ask questions
  • mikeee
    It seems wrong.
  • Kingalfred
    Indeed but will they re-instate closed down accounts...
    I'm half expecting one.... Ive not been abusive but ive been out spoken....
  • mikeee
    They can run it how they see fit as it's their panel I guess, but there can be consequences to how a panel is run too..
  • Kingalfred
    In all the time ive been here i'm sure the gibberish straightliners have been around
    Maybe in the past they just blocked them , this time it was more of a public execution ...
  • mikeee
    ya, who knows?
    Well, they are #152 at survey police, and see they are getting feedback from this.
    I know at least one of the banned's most recent rating was 4 1/2 stars and it has not yet been modified...
  • Vanditha
    its really shocking especially your case, you are an active member though.. don't know what's wrong..
  • Mele McCabe
    This can't be. You are a legend on the forum
  • Bob Dack

It would appear as no one is going to help me in this matter as
    I keep getting the same automated reponse to my inquiries to all this nonsense?

Dear Member,

We truly understand your concern and apologize for the delayed response. Would like to inform you that please call us on our toll-free number 8663447832 during US business hours ( Mon-Fri) so that our executive can assist you in a better way.

Thanks
    Team Univox

I will try a phone # in the next couple day but they say tool free but
    that is not the case from here in Alberta Canada???
  • Melissa Y
    I emailed them repeatedly as well and kept receiving the same response over and over. This is the last email I received. They tell me they won't be able to reactivate my account, so what is the point of calling them? And no, I do not understand their limitations.

Dear Member,

We would like to share with you that your account has been terminated because your survey history pattern is suspicious and based on the data we have received from the clients and we won't be able to reactivate your account,we hope you will understand our limitations. In case of anything urgent, feel free to call us at 866-344-7832.

Thanks
    Team Univox
  • cjsenour
    Always looking to serve you better. How is terminating your account serving you better?
  • Melissa Y
    LOL! My thoughts exactly!
  • Carol hughes

So sorry Bob that this happened to you
    I guess you never know when your time is up even if you didn't do anything wrong.
  • cjsenour
    It seems that UNIVOX either has come with a new rule or has decided to resurrect an old one. It seems that members who are questionable - especially long time ones - should at least have been given a warning first in order to give their side. Just to spring it on them out of the blue seems a trifle unfair. However, as Judge Judy says, "It's my play pen."
  • Bob Dack

Yes I for One and am very hurt by this after working my way all the way up to Ambassador level.
    Bob Dack Update profile
    1.4KMentions
    3.2KComments
    78Discussions

About Interested in all things and a sponge for information!
    Location Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Posts 3,278
    Joined 4 years ago
    Last Active 9 minutes ago
    Site Role Member
    Plaudits Won 1,004 (78 this month)
    Badges
  • Paulgro
    Now I know what you are talking about. Same happened to me last year if you remember except mine was an IP address mess up.
  • Jimmy G
    I can understand why people might put gibberish in some surveys (nothing I have done)

Being asked the same 'qualifying' questions over and over only then to be told you don't qualify is frustrating. For example just now

Which of the following product categories do you currently own?
    Which of the following countries have you visited in the past 5 years?
    Which of the following would you consider to be your main supermarket?
    Which of the following television channels do you typically watch?
    (Please select all that apply.) (MASSIVE LIST)
    Which of the following best matches your current job title or describes your job role?
    Which best describes your current level in your organization?
    How would you best describe your role in the company's decision-making process for the purchase of the following products or services?
    Which, if any, of the following beverages do you drink in a typical week?
    Which of the following statements, if any, apply to you?

All of these I have answered time and again but they repeat over and over before at least 50% of surveys, http://surveymyopinion.researchnow.com is the culprit
  • Bob Dack
    Yes and some leave you only the option of selecting something or just quiting the survey in the middle which means you totally wasted your time!
  • Kingalfred
    50pt 10loi ive started shutting those down straight off the bat
    Haven't taken a survey or clicked on a survey since this lot came to light... , i aint building my pot up just be stabbed in the back and banned...my points put in the uni' Christmas box
  • Kingalfred
    I can understand you being upset at the lack of loyalty shown in your direction, just gives you more time to do surveys elsewhere
    I only logged in here at the end of my survey day, see what the locals are upto
    And to click and D'Q as i got very little acceptance ...... Uni pi$$ed cos some jokers been ripping them off in apple/android app .,.,.,. Check out your wall of famers all stars you'll soon find the real deceit......
  • UCLA
    gibberish answers to me would = "fykfryukru" dropping my pen on the keyboard. Something ive never done. Even tho getting repeated questions in the same survey a few times makes you want to.
    IE: Why did you give it a rating of "said number"

Flat out lying is something ive never done as well.
    One survey I would get at times would be about sports. How interested are you in NFL, NBA, NHL....so forth.
    So for me to answer honestly would be..."Im NOT interested in the NHL"
    The survey continues on.
    Again me being 100% honest on my feelings/views on the NHL.
    Asking questions like Who is your fav team, how many hours do you watch per week. Those types of questions.
    Straight down the line...no, never, None of them, Not interested. $0, 0 hours per week.

How much more honest do you want me to be?
    LOL

*shrugs*
  • Siegfried
    I have often noticed that if you claim no knowledge of some company or activity, the survey goes on about it anyway, with a mass of questions where I have no knowledge or opinion. To avoid 'straightlining' the answers I usually include a few 'disagrees' with the totally disagrees, or a not very interested with the no interest at all.

In theory surveys could be more dynamic. selecting the question set according to previous answers, but I suspect this would be more expensive and not worth the survey setters trouble.

I would have no way of knowing how ethical a company I use every day is, let alone one I only know the name of, so many questions are just impossible to answer other than semi randomly, and so many of them fail to include a 'none of the above' option.
  • Melissa Y
    I just received this email. Can you explain this if my account was deactivated?

It then proceeds to tell me to log in and take surveys and earn rewards.
    Attachments
    4A931B04-685B-4CEC-AB2E-320EA54907CF (152K)
    2F099BBE-5CE8-4AEC-97DE-670D4E9D0CE9 (165K)
  • Mele McCabe
    Melissa, have you tried to call Univox. They were able to resolve a problem for me by phone
  • Melissa Y
    No I haven’t. I didn’t know if there was any point since every email says they won’t change their mind.
  • Karl Philbert
    I left them a message a day ago and I can guarantee they will not call me back. They just do not want to pay their members the money they owe them. If they close a mass amount of member accounts imagine how much money they will save. I bet they are having financial issues.
  • Nat M

Bumped up
  • Bob Dack
    So this came today???

2vfi7xqelb647tux.jpg
  • Nat M

Think long standing members are waiting for replies
  • J Zerbs
    Unfortunately the agreement you click on when joining the site says you can be kicked off and your payments withheld for any reason. So doubt there is anything the members who were kicked out can do. I do feel bad for them though and think they are owed a better explanation as to why they were banned
  • Karl Philbert
    It is Univox trying to get out of paying their members what they owe them. To me it is just plain BS.
  • Nat M

Just wondering if any of your tasks as Admin was to help members ?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.