• Donna
    I was going to post in the weather thread, but this weather is from the beginning of the week, and I still wanted to share pictures!
    I think we got around 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of ice this time - thankfully, no power outages for us, and no damage for us in the way of downed tree limbs or branches.
    I was thankful that we had gotten 1 to 2 inches of snow on Sunday. That made our backyard a lot less treacherous for taking the dog out potty! The ice storm on top of the snow meant that you had an icy layer on top of the snow, but when you step on it, it just kind of crackles and your foot goes through. Without that snow layer, our driveway and yard would have been just a sheet of ice.
    My daughter hasn’t had school since Monday! Our road is fine (it’s paved and gets plowed) and the main roads are fine, but our district has a lot of back roads that are dirt and don’t get plowed. We hit 40 degrees, maybe a little better today, so all those roads should be thawed now. As of this morning, though, those roads were still like a sheet of ice, and buses weren’t able to get through safely.
    Anyway, here are some pictures I took:b1ogeektttur0kzv.jpeg
    I love how many of the individual little needles are wearing their own little icy robe!
    8ca4ad0o7h1xbckd.jpeg
    p37e43nb5n7fweuk.jpeg
    Pine tree looks a little sad under the weight of the ice. Those branches are normally WELL above my head.
    jy0nt47u2z1fmwmw.jpeg
    pl9ss9matwbern3s.jpeg
    30c367pwhcyxjdtx.jpeg
    fkldbmyk5pdou2bx.jpeg
    Love, too, how everything has a black and white look!
  • Michele
    beautiful Donna ! Thanks for sharing with us. Love the trees and river reflections!
  • Carol hughes

Beautiful pictures as long as you don't have to be out in this
  • Vanditha
    Yes really beautiful pictures
  • Daya shankar
    very beautiful pictures
  • Syvynn
    I agree! That's what I like best about "seeing" (since I can't experience) winter images - that black & white look where it's so full of everything but color. It mesmerizes me. Great images. I'd post some images of the winter weather here in Florida, but it looks similar to pictures I could post in Spring... want some pollen?
  • mikeee
    Hopefully your trees all survive and there are no 100 car pileups from that!
    Funny how beautiful it looks, but how deadly it can be!
  • Marvy
    You can almost feel the silence around you when you look at these images. Simply beautiful!
  • Kingalfred
    35r8zytlei3b14in.png
    This is my fave, weird how nature freezes up for months, then just thaws out and gets back on with it as spring comes around,
    2,3 weeks back we had frozen U.K Earth, this week we have snowdrops and crocuses....
  • godseeconomy
    Daffodils are out already almost ready to blossom! Weird indeed! And it's not Easter yet!
  • Syvynn
    I'll trade you for that ice... It's nearing 90 degrees here today.
  • guimaraes
    as pessoas dai acabam se acostumando mais seria dificilimo me acostumar
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.