• Carol hughes

I just tried to do a survey and I didn't qualify and I only received 4 points I hope this isn't a new change.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Strange, as I just did a few and got the 5.
  • Kingalfred
    lja70v7fi9v14kff.png

Pot Luck it seems....
  • mikeee
    This was in an email I got earlier....

Points for All Efforts

Previously, you were awarded full points for completing a survey and partial points for certain results. We are updating our formula so that you will be always rewarded some points so long as you finish the survey taking experience. We will reward you for your time always! Of course, completing a survey will still earn the most points. Do your best to answer thoughtfully. ?
  • Carol hughes

I remember seeing it just wasn't sure what it meant
  • mikeee
    It would seem to refer to the current change. :D
  • Charlene Bovert
    - Mine just changed, Now I have some 1, 2 and a 6 pointer's.
  • Charlene Bovert
    - That is what is happening now as I just tried to do a survey but never even got into it but still got 2 points just for my time. This is really a great thing!
  • Carol hughes

I think I like this change I just had 2 asked me no questions and received 6 points on each one
  • Charlene Bovert
    - I'm getting confused now as I just tried a survey, got dq'd and only got 4 points then on another that never took me anywhere I got 1 point. Seems like I should have gotten my regular 5 for attempting a survey. Oh well............
  • Carol hughes

Doesn't seem to be any reason to it just tried 2 surveys and received no points maybe I got excited to quickly
  • cjsenour
    I got 4 on two surveys, 0 on three, 6 on one and 2 on one. I was just elevated to Ambassador. Did that have something to do with it? Univox said I would now get more surveys; That's fine as long I get more qualifying.
  • mikeee
    I still see this one:

Unfortunately, this session was not eligible for any participation points as your responses didn’t match with the main survey requirements.

Somehow I thought that one wouled go away
  • Carol hughes

there stiill around I had 4 of them myself I was hoping for at least a penny on those
  • mikeee
    feels like a payment reduction to me....
  • sharonh
    I think if you never make it to the survey proper (ie only answer questions with a sample cube background) you still get 0
  • mikeee
    Speaking of payment reductions....
    My last univox paypal cash out for $10.17 went through paypal at $9.58.
    I emailed support... We'll see if they respond. I have heard about paypal adding charging for transfers, but don't know if this is related or if it's a glitch.
  • sharonh
    I just had the same thing....60 cent fee deducted.
  • mikeee
    I think this is the deal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

new fee. The calculation corresponds to my payout
  • sharonh
    Selling is 2.9% + $0.30 per sale. using this pretty much my 60 cent fee
    So we are countied as a seller then.
  • Carol hughes

Something else to look forward to
  • Carol hughes
    It's still a little to early to judge the new point system but I think I did better with the old one.
  • Donna
    I haven't tried any surveys yet to see for myself, but I wouldn't doubt the old way was better. I think any time a company of any kind makes "awesome" new changes, it rarely benefits anyone but the company making the changes! I'll have to give it a try.
  • Donna
    Maybe I spoke too soon??? I mean it was much better for us when all DQs were 5 points, obviously, but maybe this is better than what it has been, as long as it's not a fluke?
  • Bob Dack
    I just tried out for 3 and got 3x 4points per try which
    I consider a good thing as not getting anything at all?
  • Bob Dack
    Well that didn't last long as today got nothing for two surveys
    and 4points for the last one I tried out for?
  • godseeconomy
    Yes, there definitely is. 4 points or 2 points or 1 point or NO points. Points shrinkation now
  • mikeee
    I've cashed out on a few other sites to paypal and have not been charged a fee. It looks like the fee is unique to univox.
  • Donna
    Most sites just eat the cost of the fee. I can't remember whether it was an online survey site, or one of my survey phone apps, but I do remember having to pay a fee on ONE of my other sites or apps. Can't remember which it was - maybe because I stopped using it!
    Was there any advance warning that the fee was being passed on to us?
  • mikeee
    I don't recall univox sending us such a warning. I did email support and never heard back, so not sure if it's a glitch or a new policy.
  • Donna
    Are you sure that you didn't get anything? Because when I get that screen that says no points will be given, I am still getting 2 points. I wasn't watching my point total at first because I assumed that if it said no points would be given, it meant no points!
  • mikeee
    wow! very interesting! I'm male and don't tend to notice things. I'll have to watch that!
  • Donna
    Well, I only knew because someone else said they were getting 2 points when they got that screen that says they can't award any points because of blah, blah, blah. So I started paying attention to my point total when I got that screen, and I was getting 2 points also.
  • mikeee
    be good if they just fixed the message. They give themselves bad press with it.
  • Donna
    Wouldn't doubt that the fee is a new policy. They tweaked the point system and made it a bit better, in my opinion anyway, than what it has been. So they then pass that PayPal fee on to us to make up for giving us a few extra points!
    I think I go back to what I said before...no awesome new changes truly benefit us in the long run!
  • Carol hughes

I just cashed out with PayPal this morning I am anxious to get it to see if I will get less then the 25.00 I I cashed out for.
    I have cashed out with PayPal on a couple other sites I received payment this morning and there was no fee deducted
  • Charlene Bovert
    - I'm also curious. I cashed out last Wednesday but havn't received it yet, but should have.
  • Donna
    Pretty sure there is a PayPal fee that PayPal charges for businesses that use it. It is just up to the survey site as to whether they will pay those fees themselves and leave it at that or pass that fee on to their panelists to get their money back. So Uni giveth (a bit) by tweaking the point system for DQs and Uni taketh away by no longer eating their cost of using PayPal. I really wish I could remember what the one other site (or app) was that I've ever used that charged for using PayPal.
  • Carol hughes

That is longer then it normally takes to receive it I usually received it the following day but I probably won't receive it tomorrow not liking that at all
  • Carol hughes

I think I also remember being charged but that was a long time ago either they don't do it anymore or I don't do that site now
  • Carol hughes
    Had anybody recently cashed out for PayPal just curious how long was it before you received it?
  • sharonh
    I did....maybe 3 or 4 days. fairly quick
  • Charlene Bovert
    - When I cash out I always get it one, two days max, very odd.
  • Bob Dack

I wasn't watching my point total either but now
    that you say that I will have to look at the before
    and after to see?
    Because I have two other sites where the 2 to 6
    DQ-points seem to mount up quickly even without
    keeping track of them,
    I would now rate them as #1 and #2 where as they
    used to be below a #10 rating where as here it
    used to be a #1 and is now rate like a #12 site?
    They keep spouting Change and I hope for the
    best for us but it only ever seems to be getting
    better for them?
  • Charlene Bovert
    - I heard back from Uni today and they stated that there was a technical glitch and I would receive my payment within 48 hours.
    Spoke to soon just received my payment and NO fee's deducted.
  • Donna
    I noticed that @Charlene Bovert cashed out for $25 and did not have a fee charged. @mikeee, you said that you cashed out $10 and some change and had a fee. @sharonh, you said you had a fee also. Just curious as to how much you cashed out for. I am wondering if the reason Uni moved a bunch of people to Ambassador level, could be because they are now passing on the PayPal fee for smaller cash outs. Maybe? Just a thought. I was moved to Ambassador along with some others, and I really didn't do anything to deserve it. I've been mostly absent for months - only tried a handful of surveys in that time.
    @Admin Could you address this please? A few people that I know of have cashed out and received less than they cashed out for. This does not only affect those who received less than they cashed out for - it affects the entire panel because it has an effect on the amount of trust we have in your site! If you have started charging PayPal fees for some cash outs, then you need to be upfront about it and tell us.
  • Kingalfred
    ive noticed mention on my cashouts from other sites to PP if i cashed out below £20 i'd get an x% charge, so maybe over $20 no fee?
  • mikeee
    I cashed out for $10. I had an opinion outpost cash out to paypal for $10 with no fee. univox recommented I contact paypal and said they paid out the correct amount. Guess I will just try another cash out and see if the fee persists for me. I am wondering if this was just a red herring at this point seeing others cashout here with no fee.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.