• mikeee
    ya watchin? What's your favorite sport?
  • Carol hughes

I enjoy watching the sking and the ice skating
  • Syvynn
    I'm watching!! I'm an Olympic nut. I watch men's/women's/doubles curling, all luge, all bobsled, all speed skating (although I record long track so I can fast forward through most of it), ski jumping, snowboarding .. and more. Those are just my faves. Speed Skating, short track, used to be my #1 when it was Apollo days. Curling would be my #1 but it gets aggravating because sometimes it's like watching a running football play and the back tries to take it through the center which is nothing but a wall. You're just left saying, why the hell did you do that. So I have to say that Big Air is my total #1.

I do record all the Olympics so I can watch it when I want to watch. So hopefully I don't see spoilers before I get to watch my recordings.

Your fave or do you even watch it?
  • mikeee
    I was inspired to post this as my wife and I were watching last night.
    I like the skiing, and well ski jumping. Also light the bobsled and luge. Speed skating or other competition where the average person can tell who wins, but thing like ice dancing and figure skating, not so much.

Curling is supposed to be a Minnesota thing, and I don't think I've ever seen it... lol
  • Syvynn
    I can't do the dancing and skating thing either. It's like watching the rhythmic gymnastics during the summer Olympics. Boring and too 'dainty' for me. I prefer the 'danger' things. Curling though, unless you fall on a stone (like S Korea) it's not really dangerous. I would so love to try curling though.
  • mikeee
    I like watching a good fall... lol
  • Syvynn
    It's a shame, but there is so much appeal to it. Falling... just not my own.
  • mikeee
    I remember the old commercial for wide world of sports... "The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat".. The agony of defeat was a guy going off the ski jump and falling and crashing at the end...

I like the pommel horse in summer olympics.. Many people fail on that!
  • sharonh
    not a very Christian attitude, dear. Waiting for people to fail :P
  • Donna
    Shame on both of you! There is nothing worse than falling...unless it’s someone else! Ha-ha! Shame on me, too! ;)
  • sharonh
    Exciting snowboard run and Gold medal for 17 yo Red (can't remember last name)
  • charsocal
    - I also watched that totally awesome young man. His name is Red Gerard. It was so touching that American Airlines supplied the airfare for his family so they could see him in person. BTW, did you hear him say the F cuss word when he found out he won the gold?
  • sharonh
    No, guess I missed the f-bomb. I did hear him say Holy S*** when his score posted.
  • Benny
    People who use cuss words in the Olympics should get dq and no 5 points. lol. That's my 2 cents worth.
  • charsocal
    - In my opinion it's the networks fault for not having the 3 - 7 second delay incase things like this do happen. The commentator did apologize for the mishap but also said something to fact that how excited he ( Red ) was and it was perfectly understandable. Oh well, it was late in the evening and hopefully not many kids heard it as you really had to have your ears on full blast to catch the remark. - Didn't hear that one.
  • charsocal
    - Here is one Plaudit back at cha !
  • Bob Dack
    x5wg0a6w114jlkq0.jpeg

Go Team Canada Go!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.