• Donna
    Whee! We are gonna get hammered tomorrow with as much as 8 inches of snow or more possible! Yay! Then again on Saturday into Sunday with 4 or more inches. We've got 3 or 4 inches on the ground out there already from yesterday morning. @mikeee Are you getting/expecting snow? Just looked at a weather map and saw that this storm is going to miss most of Minnesota, then it looks like almost the entire lower peninsula of Michigan is going to get snow, with higher accumulations the further south you are.
  • mikeee
    awwww, you have all the fun!
  • Donna
    Yeah, it's fun until I have to take the dog out to do her business.
  • mikeee
    But the yellow snow will be all covered up!
  • Syvynn
    I'll trade. It was in the 80's here yesterday. Today, right now, it's a nice 63.
  • mikeee
    heatwave here at 9 degrees...
  • Syvynn
    It's how it always is, I want what you have and you want what I have. I'm sure every Northerner is correct that I wouldn't like it past it's "newness" phase (snow, ice, and just plain cold weather) but I loathe the real heat wave (if you consider 3/4 of the year a 'wave') we have here in FL. Ideally, though I love a nice 50-60 year-round place to call home.
  • Donna
    Sigh! I used to love looking at a fresh snowfall before anyone walked on it and it was untouched. Now we have the dog and it is always trampled, kicked up, uneven with brown stains and yellow spots all over the place.
  • Syvynn
    Her way of saying "I WAS HERE" ;)
  • Donna
    Till she makes new yellow snow. Gotta love it too, when it's freezing butt outside and I take her out to go to pee and while she's out there she eats a bunch of snow and 15 minutes later, we're back outside to pee again.
  • mikeee
    Don't eat the yellow snow.
  • Donna
    Definitely not! Her tastes are much too refined to do that.
  • Kingalfred
    .,.,. on getting a new 4k tv some many years ago.,. i searched youtube for 4k content.,.to screen test
    a video.,. close ups of bees n wasps.,. hornets and insects buzzing around many coloured flower petals.,.he mustve been very engrossed in his project thought i .,. as he panned around a big bunch of lavender .,. a nice doggy number 2 coming into shot .,. all in its 4k splendour ....
  • Carol hughes

I am in Indiana and we are also suppose to get hammered they are talking about 8 to 12 inches
    I hope I get a lot of surveys because I won't be going anywhere
  • mikeee
    Looks like we get a dusting...
  • charsocal
    - Ya'll are so lucky !
    All we're getting is rain and 70's this weekend, pooooo!
  • charsocal
    - WISH! To early for 70's. I hope this isn't a sign for a early hot as heck summer as usual.
  • Carol hughes

Don t like it to hot either 70 or 80 is good
  • Kingalfred
    .,.,.,. Maybe Yous can get some pics for the photo section?
    if indeed Yous get blizzards and pretty untrodden scenery ..?
  • mikeee
    Attachment
    snowblower (387K)
  • Kingalfred
    Doesn't look like a good time to be cutting the grass Mikeee
  • Syvynn
    Meanwhile.. in Florida... my windows are open and the comforters have been removed from the beds. I'm so jealous of that snow.
  • mikeee
    That was in 2007 for us. We had back to back big February snow of like 12" in one storm, and 15" in the next. It's not as impressive this year and I have a much larger snow blower now. :D
  • Syvynn
    Phhh! Once, when I was 13 I think (it was long long ago) it snowed here enough for one snowball.

That's my extent of Florida snow. I have been to Toledo during the wintery months for a funeral and I must admit, ICE is not nice. My butt still hurts!
  • mikeee
    No snow forts, huh?
  • Syvynn
    Like an igloo right... we only have those in the cooler variety ;)
  • charsocal
    - I want one of those snow blowers as this is the only lawn equipment we don't own. Lucky Ducky!
  • mikeee
    that snow blower is my former 3.5hp toro. I have 10hp now.
  • Carol hughes
    We have an awful lot of snow on the ground and it's still coming down does look pretty as long as you don't need to go out.
  • Donna
    Winter wonderland here in SE Michigan...02lciafhdhyqu8oz.jpeg
    qm4vj3genivxc5dr.jpeg
    qwula0yxdtodlg8u.jpeg
    I do love how when you get a good snow, the world outside takes on an old black and white look.
    Attachments
    89E76F89-6FD6-4959-82B1-2648B41AF533 (261K)
    78DACA87-8956-49A7-8D3F-98FFD9F1F811 (260K)
    42D4292B-4943-47B8-BA0A-138DCC335C03 (267K)
  • sharonh
    we are on our third snowblower. The "new" one we purchase used from a former neighbor. The one is the photo was given (used) to us by Mikeee's parents and we passed it along to our son.
  • Carol hughes
    Still snowing in Indiana When it started last night and this morning it was the light fluffy kind but now it is wet and heavy. It can stop anytime now It is past the pretty stage
  • charsocal
    - Not that I need one and plus they don't sell them here in Fl but just out of curiosity what does one cost on average?
    And that's very nice that everyone is sharing.
  • mikeee
    The "new " snowblower is a 1999 vintage 10hp that I got for $125.
    A brand new one of that horsepower would be well over $1000.
  • mikeee
    ah.. maybe not quite that expensive and they are on clearance now.
    This one is 8HP https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/troy-bilt-26-in-243cc-deluxe-two-stage-snow-thrower/0000000271905?bc=10708|10867|10869

Smaller than the one I have now tho..
  • charsocal
    - You got a great deal and even at 699.00, EXPENSIVE! So sorry you guys have to deal with this now that I have seen the agony. Prayers to you and your's.
  • Donna
    Couple more wintry pictures...
    qr1vu65lnzsuzq89.jpeg
    lcx17xn7ws3izjyn.jpeg
    y9nkodmmjuzzasjk.jpeg
    s9f4x51hw8dmwysa.jpeg
    Attachments
    A4C867F8-59A1-43E4-BBFF-063DC0CE2E64 (575K)
    DC08DC4C-4BFC-49DA-BF18-012844754815 (264K)
    6EA46F5F-CDB8-4C91-8D68-BA6E3C619D66 (184K)
    59DBFA73-AA0D-4E5A-8B60-5A74B81FAFE4 (103K)
  • Donna
    t43jty0y8l96fzd6.jpeg
    1urogamnvg8smym9.jpeg
    It's snowing here again. Another 2 - 4 inches tonight into tomorrow. @mikeee and @sharonh Looks like this round of snow is missing you again?! @Carol hughes I think you might be getting hit again with more snow? I took a couple more pictures, but this time at night, just a few minutes ago at about 12:45 am. With all the snow on the ground and an overcast sky, it doesn't really totally get dark outside. Sorry, same scenery as the other pics - only so much to take pictures of in the backyard!
    Attachments
    8A03A9D2-CE19-490C-A2A1-ECE782CAD465 (116K)
    2147A39B-9247-452A-BF97-DD62A228953B (260K)
  • Carol hughes

Yep hit again
    Spring where are you
  • Donna
    Near Monroe, Michigan - not far from the Ohio border. We were getting freezing drizzle about 8:00 this morning.
  • Carol hughes

We just had a little of the freezing drizzle my husband and I just finished the driveway don't know where to put the snow anymore It was very hard doing the end of the driveway where snow ends up from the plow that comes down are street was very heavy.I hope that's the end now.I'm beat
  • sharonh
    no snow for us this round
  • mikeee
    You are so lucky, Donna!!!
  • Syvynn
    We turned on the AC today. It's too hot.
  • Carol hughes

I wish I was running the AC instead of the Heat and shoveling snow my arms are even sore this morning
  • Syvynn
    I'm not (besides the fact that I hate the hot weather), it just means it's going to be a costly year for my electricity this year. Usually I don't use the AC until at-the-least around April or later. It's cheaper to heat this old place than it is to cool.
  • Kingalfred
    .,.,., All very pretty .,.,.
  • Carol hughes

I think your right it does cost more for electricity but what cost plenty
    I hate those utilities even the phone company
  • Donna
    So I mentioned that on Sunday morning, we got some freezing rain. The surface of the snow didn't turn to ice, bit it did get hard and crusty. Right now, the crusty top layer of snow is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and you can break it off in pieces.
    So hubby got home from work yesterday and took Maia outside to play ball. He threw her ball (forgetting about the crusty top of the snow), and the ball isn't heavy enough to break through that crusty layer, and it bounces across the surface of the snow all the way down to the river and...yup, kerplunk - right into the water. Luckily, the dog can't run easily in that crusty snow - she has to leap through it - kind of like a deer. And luckily, too, my husband called her and she actually stopped and waited for him, and didn't run/leap down to the river and jump in after the ball. Hubby always keeps a fishing net down by the river, so he was also able to fish her ball out of the water.
    I got a little chuckle out of that!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.