• Stan
    Who all celebrates Valentines Day ? I know that we have members from around the world. Is it just a North American day and it's not a holiday though some people call it that because it's the biggest flower day of the year followed by Mothers Day.
  • Kingalfred
    pretty much a day to entice money from people shallow enough to believe they have to explain or prove their love or seek self gratification .,. that they are loved or lovable .,. nonsence...

i'm UK.,. it's celebrated here .,. by 12 to 17 year olds ....
  • Donna
    We celebrate it! I tend to be a kid at heart, so I look at it as a just a fun day and buy the kids and hubby a couple of small treats, or inexpensive small fun gifts. I like to put little heart shaped treats in my daughter's lunchbox, and leave hubby a bag of heart shaped Reese's in his lunch. Our son doesn't do candy, so he gets cookies. The big question is...to share those Reese's or not to share? ;)
    Nice to see you on here! Do you do anything for Valentine's Day?
  • godseeconomy
    Stopped this lark many years ago. My valentine is special everyday not just on Feb 14th!!
  • Donna
    I love my loved ones every single day also, but I think I am guilty sometimes of taking them for granted. I see Valentine's Day, Sweetest Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. as just a way of expressing a little bit of fun love, nothing huge - small gifts, like a favorite candy bar, or cookies. Nothing that breaks the bank. Last year, I made my daughter this Valentine/heart themed bangle bracelet.
    w675jv3xy8kupug6.jpeg
  • Marvy
    I do, with presents for and from hubby and presents for and from the kiddies.
  • Carol hughes

So cute How old is your daughter?
  • Donna
    Thanks! She is 11. She'll be 12 in another month. :/ The metal parts in the picture came out gold/bronzy looking. Everything is actually silver.
  • Bobby Drye
    we sure do.
  • Kingalfred
    thats pretty good that Donna the tarnished silver looks like rose gold .,. do you do this as a hobby .,. or sell at craft fairs and such? also you mention sweetest day? what is this .,.?
  • Donna
    Thank you. Yes, just a hobby. The actual bracelet still looks silver, it just came out rose gold looking in the picture. I would like to eventually try selling. Maybe someday. I did make the bangle, but I can't take credit for the actual design. That came from a tutorial on a site called Jewelry Making Journal - for any one who is interested in this type of thing - it's a great site!
    Sweetest Day is just another "romantic" day to get people to part with their money. It's celebrated in the US on the third Saturday in October. I'm not even sure if it's celebrated all through the US, or just parts. We celebrate it - but again, just with small stuff. And while I get my son and daughter something small for Valentine's Day, on Sweetest Day, I only get hubby something small.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.