• cjsenour
    Got a phone call recording telling me that they were going to charge $399 to my credit card. I did press one to talk to someone. It was from some Tech Service company saying they were renewing my contract. I told them I did not have a contract and to cancel any that they found for me. I was informed that I couldn't just say cancel but needed to give more information. I told them they called me, so they had my information. If any charge appeared on a credit card,I would dispute. I then hung up. I think they were trying g to get my credit card nujmber,etc
  • Bob Dack

I figured out all that on my own after trying everything!
    And Yeah, that one someone should go after and prosecute the ones involved.
  • NatalieM
    Our latest has been phone calls from people claiming to be from Telstra. That there is some suspicious behaviour happening on our computer. When asked what behaviour they say we need you to turn on your computer etc.
    Then we inform them that we are not with Telstra. Oh! But Telstra owns all the services and that Optus Telstra all the same.
    Okay. Just stay on the phone and i will phone Telstra to verify this phone call. Don't hang up i wont be long.
    Then we go and put the phone in the bedroom and continue on with what we were doing..Every few minutes go and check if they are still on phone and keep telling them we wont be long. By rights they are not allowed to hang up.
    They end up hanging up. But once the person call back saying it must of got disconnected.

Here we can register our phone numbers on the " Do Not Call Register".
    Some scam calls do get through but once you tell them that your phone number is registered on the Do Not Call Register, they quickly hang up.
  • Kevin H
    From what I read there are no viruses for iPad because the way the operating system is set up stops viruses from perpetuating themselves.
    But you can get malware or spyware when you enter a website but it can't exist on your iPad. Just clearing your memory and cache etc will get rid of it, it's just a scam even if it says it's a virus, they are just after you engaging with them and sharing some details. IPAD ONLY THOUGH.
  • cjsenour
    With the technology today, most scam phone numbers are spoofed. My son keeps getting phone calls that the caller ID says are from him self. We have do not call, but it does no good. Reporting does no good since the numbers are changed frequently. I usually answer in Spanish and keep talking in my limited Spanish until they hang up.
  • Kevin H

We keep getting 'robocalls' claiming to be from the NBN, we worked out they are voice activated so if you pick up the call but don't speak it hangs up quickly. If you speak the recorded message starts.

I had one from a guy claiming to be from Telstra technical department saying our internet had been compromised, he asked me to go to the computer, which I did (it wasn't even turned on), he talked me through typing in a command which would have given him control remotely. I was hitting the keys hard enough for him to hear. I had him on the line ages. Once he had talked me through everything he asked what I could see on the screen. I told him there were letters flying about on the screen one after another, I said to him to write them down.......Y.......O.......U.......M.......U........S........T........T......H.......I......N......K.....I.......A.......M........A.......N......I......D.......I........O.......T
    He didn't seem amused at all and said lots of bad words haha

If I don't recognise the number now I say "good afternoon you've called the Australian Federal Police cyber crime division how can I help you" that seems to do the trick too.
  • Carol hughes

Does robo calls have really gotten bad lately I'm suppose to be on the Do not call list but doesn't mean anything anymore if I don't recognize the number I don't pick up
  • Bob Dack
    I hate those & hang-up as soon as it speaks!
  • Carol hughes

I'm afraid if I even say Hello I might be signing up for something so to play it safe I don't pick up
  • Kevin H

I read never to use the word "Yes" as calls can be recorded and your voice can be inserted in to something else appearing to agree or accept terms etc.
  • NatalieM
    CALLER ID - what a must to have on the phone. Do not recognize number or private number, it does not get answered.
    Answering machine - If they do not leave message it is not important.
  • Bob Dack

I used to always let the Machine get it?
    If it was someone I wanted to talk to I just turned off the machine.
    That's want I called screened callin.
  • NatalieM

I have told my family that they can speak while the recording is playing. They do not have to wait until the end to start speaking. Then i can hear who it is and answer it before it rings out.
  • Kingalfred
    "SCAMS GOING AROUND"
    CINT
    CINT
    CINT
    CINT
    CINT
    CINT
    DID I MENTION.,.,.,.,.,., CINT
    ADMIN?ADMIN

SCRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSS
    RIP OFFFFFS
  • Bob Dack
    Are you sure you're spelling that correctly?
  • Bob Dack

I keep getting this same ROBO phone call between 7-8AM
    Hello this is to notify you there has been a suspicious charges on your Credit card
    one for $1100 and one for $300
    But that is usally when I hang-up as I was sleeping but at times I feel like staying on the line to see if a real person joins in so I can yell at the & tell them don't phone back cause I'm sleeping and don't own a credit card (lol)
  • Bob Dack
    I don't remember getting this one before yet?

DRT AIRPORT SECURITY
    Del Rio International Airport(DRT)
    1104 W 10th St, Del Rio, TX 78840, United States

ATTENTION: Notice On Your Consignment Box Reg: JG1N8875BS.

Today we discovered an abandoned metal box with reg;JG1N8875BS
    originally scheduled to be delivered to you by the agency
    (International Payment Service) New York. The metal box, when
    scanned by a forensic scanner it was revealed to contain 100
    dollar bills valued $10.5 Million USD(Ten Million Five Hundred
    Thousand United States dollars) which has been under Security
    surveillance for some days now.

I am writing to inform you that we have investigated the said
    Metal box and the investigation proved the legitimacy of its
    content. Note, The Funds which belongs to you was initially
    scheduled for delivery to you.

Information at my disposal states that the Diplomat who arrived
    with the Consignment made several attempts to reach you via the
    available means as the mails sent could not be delivered,all
    efforts proved abortive so he decided to leave the case behind.

You are therefore advised to make contact with Richard Howard
    (Dispatch Officer) of Broadefest Courier Service,which is the
    courier company in charge of the storage unit your box is in
    order to assist you recover your Consignment box and deliver it
    to your home. You may contact him through his email
    [] to recover your Consignment or we
    will be compelled to list your Fund as an unclaimed consignment
    and maybe forfeited and moved to the United States Treasury
    Department for holding.

If this mail is found in spam folder, it could be due to your
    Internet Service Provider, ISP. So move to your inbox before your
    reply.

God Bless
    Sincerely,
    (Mrs) Susan C. Bells
    INSPECTION UNIT
    Del Rio International Airport Texas.
  • Kevin H

You're rich........Bob........you're rich........you can give up the surveys :)
  • Kevin H

In my last job I had a particular dislike for my boss. One day colleagues and I were discussing whether we return to work if we won lotto, most said they wouldn't.
    I said I would go back for one reason alone...........I wanted to cut my bosses desk in half with a chainsaw.....whilst he was sitting at it :) I figured I probably wouldn't need a resignation letter.
  • Bob Dack
    This just in?!?

icaseejdyyowm52h.jpg
  • Donna
    Holy cow! Since you're getting a metal box with 10 .5 million in it, can I have the 5.5 million mentioned above?
  • Kingalfred
    Yeah ... Let every one know about scams going around Uni'
    Hey Uni' ..scams.... Know anything about scams...... And ripping people off...
    It's apparantley going around.....
  • Bob Dack

Well honey I'm not going to reply to him but
    you can if you trust him and want to?(lol)
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.