• Donna
    Hubby, kids and I are at Thunder over Michigan! Gorgeous weather today for it!
  • Bobby Drye
    alrighty!!!!! yall have a great and fun day and may GOD bless and take care of yuns!
  • charsocal
    - Awesome! I love the Blue Angels !
  • Krystyna
    Have a great time and enjoy!
  • Catwoman
    ..that's awesome..hope you all are having a safe and great day!! :)
  • Paulgro
    Have a good day with the family.
  • Syvynn
    Ah, the Blue Angels. They were born here in my neck of the woods in the middle 40's. They are awesome. Hope you're having a great family fun day!!
  • Donna
    We had a great day! Hubby took our son back today! It is such a joy to see our son get so excited! Some pics...hx2byyfemjnkwc77.jpg
    mj6f1hkrtjccneo0.jpg
    1dvpby9vs8as3ix1.jpg
    cd7uke4agxcmbmqh.jpg
  • charsocal
    Awesome! I also have pictures and video of the Blues similar to yours. Was Fat Albert there and did the Blues pull off one of those sneaky stunts that you never saw coming and scared the holy crap out of you? Love going to the shows but the beach gets so congested here that we wait to go when they are here at there homebase doing shows. I'm like a little kid everytime I see them.
  • Donna
    Yes! They did scare us once! Fat Albert?
  • charsocal
    - Sorry forgot, Fat Albert is a huge Blue Angel plane that flies alone but he's sick this year and having some maintenance done. Maybe he will perform next year.
  • Donna
    We've bee going to the air show every year for the last four years, but I think have only seen the Blue Angels twice in that time. Never heard of Fat Albert. Hope we are able to see it one day!
  • Krystyna
    Love the Blue Angels and was to the air show twice here in S.California in El Toro and the show featured BA,just awesome.The military base closed sometimes in the mid 90's so no more air shows there.BA,they are legend,wish to see them performing here again!
  • Donna
    Actually, I just looked up Fat Albert. I guess back in July, there was a KC-130T crash that left 16 troops dead. The Marine Corps grounded its fleet of KC-130Ts because the cause of the crash isn't known yet. The Blue Angels have cancelled appearances of Fat Albert, until they determine whether the cause of the crash was human error, or a problem with the aircraft itself, because Fat Albert, a C-130, is very similar to the KC-130T.
  • Donna
    They are awesome!
  • Krystyna
    Yes,they are!
  • Catwoman
    ..awesome pics!! ..thanks for sharing..glad you had a good time!!
  • Paulgro
    I was stationed at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas Nevada home of the Thunderbird's. I have to admit The Blue Angels are a bit better.
  • Donna
    Holy cow, Paulgro! I've never heard of the Thunderbirds! I think they're both pretty awesome!
  • Paulgro
    Thunderbird's are Air Force while the Blue Angels are Navy. Many years ago there were too many crashes with the Tunderbird's doing closer and closer flying so the Air Force started doing restrictions on how close they could get. That I know of that was never done to the Angels even though they also had some bad wrecks.
  • Donna
    So, as I said, my husband and son went back to the airshow yesterday. (We actually had general admission tickets, but a guy hubby works with gave us VIP tickets that he got from a buddy of his. Food and beverages were included, a tented area to sit under if we wanted, AND the passes were good for the entire weekend!)
    @charsocal You'll like this one - The Angels did one of those "scare stunts" and buzzed the crowd from behind. I've mentioned before that our son has Autism, so he got so excited, when that happened - he was smiling from ear to ear, and laughing, and then the hand flapping when he gets excited. There was another guy and his wife near my hubby and son and this other guy got excited when the Angels buzzed them and yelled "Whoo, yeah!", and offered his hand in a high five to our son, and our son gave him a high five. A few minutes later my hubby overheard the other guy's wife say to him that she about cried when our son returned the high five to him.
  • Donna
    It is unbelievable how close those planes are! I am always on the edge of my seat until those pilots are safely on the ground again!
  • Paulgro
    Very close and very fast. What was happening to the Thunderbird's was the flying upside down over the runway. A couple of them actually hit the runway with their tails. After that happened twice, that's when the rules for closeness started. They also had a couple of planes hit wings which brought down two planes. I've never seen the Blue Angels except on TV. All those pilots are the best of the best!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.