• J Zerbs
    The latest poll asks about the new disqualification points rules. The most popular answer is it's good because it'll eliminate fraud. Am I the only one who thinks this makes no sense?

Is people purposely disqualifying themselves from surveys that big of a issue? I'd think members would want to take the survey and get the full amount of points rather than 5.
  • Wizard8072
    i agree - they did not give a good range of answers to select - I can't believe they are the only site that uses sample cube - just doesn't seem to be configured correctly in my humble opinion
  • J Zerbs
    I've seen sample cube on other sites and either way if someone wanted to DQ themselves wouldn't they have do so in the actual survey after they've gone through sample cube.

I understand the new rules and have no problem with them, just don't see how it prevents fraud.
  • Wizard8072
    agree - unless sample cube tracks how you answer the "standard" questions every time - if you change how you answer, does SC catch it - I don't know - I always answer honestly here and other sites - my point is if you change how you answer your age, income, etc., does SC track that, since my retired status isn't going to change, my income isn't going to change - and then how is it verified ?
  • Wizard8072
    I know one of the site I am on uses Experian to verify the basic data, and I have no problems at all with surveys on that site - just don't get as many - but i also don't have to answer multiple demographic questions to enter surveys .......
  • J Zerbs
    Wondered that too, my sample cube answers are always the same. Well besides the ages of others in my house which obviously will change when they have birthdays or which products have you bought in the last month. Also have had surveys or sites (including univox) that had to verify my basic data and had no problems.

For the record I have no problem with the change but just don't see how it prevents fraud or why so many would vote for it.
  • Catwoman
    ..I know I rather do the survey and get the full points!!
  • Syvynn
    I think the "fraud" my have been the refreshing of the page back to the main Sample Cube page, to DQ out in order to get the 5 points when the external survey froze, or didn't redirect back. Just a guess.
  • charsocal
    - Yeah, but sometimes you have to refresh if it's in a stuck mode which I have done as many others I would think. I was really confused on what to choose on that poll.
  • J Zerbs
    I was thinking the same but don't consider that fraud since it's not our fault a survey freezes or doesn't redirect.
  • Syvynn
    I don't consider it fraud either... but OUR definitions of "same" "soon" and "fraud" have been/are clearly different than the language meanings of our hosts.
  • charsocal
    - I just think just plain lying is my definition of fraud. I could have easily added an additional child to my profile on all the sites I belong to gain more surveys for those who have children under the age of 18, but not my style to do so.
  • Paulgro
    It seems we are accused because they don't check the surveys. If they did we wouldn't keep getting the same surveys over and over again which is what was causing all the DQ's in the first place. We have been saying the same thing now since they decided to fix what wasn't broken! Fraud? No!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.