• charsocal
    It seems like when I do win on some contests I and others here on the site have to ask when the points will be credited to my / our account. I feel embarrassed asking the Admin even though I will wait a day or two before asking. For instance I won the #198 Answer To Win and have asked twice so far but no points credited. I don't want to sound greedy just a bit let down. Anyone else feeling this way?
  • Marvy
    I don't believe you are greedy at all. Just wanting to make sure you receive the points you've won.

One way to avoid members 'bugging' Admin about this issue, is if points were automatically posted to the member's account when they win. I see members having to reach out on Shout Mix or the Forum on numerous occasions and having to wait days before having this issue resolved.
  • Syvynn
    If it's Facebook.. I message Admin on Facebook and thank them for the win and give them my user id. They credit within a few hours.

If it's a forum contest... I NEVER get credited unless I go begging for my points. So I usually wait a day and then send support an email asking them to credit. There have been numerous times though that they still won't credit them, after their canned "we will in 24 hours" response... and I have to say something in Shoutmix, then I usually get my points credited.
  • Donna
    Dont feel embarrassed! Uni ran a contest and you won, so you're entitled to your points! I will usually let a couple of days go by, and then just ask on the Shoutmix. You're in good company, here! Lots of us are asking for our points on Shoutmix!
    What I don't get is that in the past, at times, I have seen my points awarded just about instantly/automatically after winning an Answer to Win (hasn't happened like that in a long while, though). But if points were instantly awarded in the past, why not keep it that way and do that for all contest wins? Except for Surprise Me, which must be claimed. Maybe they are saving money by not awarding prizes unless they are asked for.
  • Donna
    Whoops! Just said the same thing said! Sorry Marvy!
  • Marvy
    No worries. They say great minds think alike. X-)
  • Krystyna
    It's not embarrassment to ask what is own to you,just seems that Uni needs some reminder sometimes,the best solution would be automatic instant credit to one's account.
  • Wizard8072
    Agree - also it seems about 7 winners a day - don't see why it can't be automated for Daily contest winners and sweepstakes - the suprize me contest can't be automated since you have to claim your prize - which seems hardly anybody does at least since I have been on univox :-)
  • sharonh
    I always wait 24 hours, then start nagging if I haven't received. I have two outstanding riddle contest wins right now.
  • J Zerbs
    never felt embarrassed or bad asking for pts before now but I'm starting to feel that way about asking for my 50 points after winning contest 234. I've never had this much difficulty getting my points from a daily contest.
  • Marvy
    I say fight those feelings. If your name was selected you have a right to those points.

In my opinion, the consistent 'nagging' to get points won doesn't reflect poorly on any Univox member; it reflects poorly on . No member should have to seemingly 'beg' for what is rightfully theirs.

Such a shame that they [Admin/Univox] force members to such a posture.
  • Admin
    Sorry to hear this, but usually our team do credit the points with in 48 hrs,if anything beyond and you still not got the points(Though its rare) then please send us the message at shoutmix or drop us the mail. It will be done immediately. Please do provide us your registered id with us so that we can look into the message. Thanks
  • J Zerbs
    I agree, don't know if you were a member back when they had the holiday contest, it took me a few months to get the $100 I won. I don't feel bad asking for that amount of $ when I'm owed it but for .50 I'm starting to feel it's not even worth the effort. I also don't get what the difficulty is, I won the contest so credit me the points.
  • Marvy
    Yes, I remember that. Although I try to stay under the radar, I've been a member since 2012.

As I, and others, have pointed out this could all be avoided if points were automatically awarded. That cannot be too hard to do.

So, again, I say fight those feelings. Nothing will ever change if you, or other members, remain silent.

P.S.--
    The name of the site is Univox (one voice) for goodness sake!!!! :D
  • Syvynn
    Why wait the 48 hours though? It's not like we're asking you to research or investigate the win. Heck you guys are already here, announcing the winners then going to Shoutmix and announcing who wins. So while you're there, just add the points to the 5 winners. It will be done within the hour of winning. It wouldn't take no longer to do that.
  • charsocal
    - My last one was #233, waited 48 hours then asked but it took 5 days to get the points. The admin said they had already been credited but they were not, had to let them know they hadn't and they said they would look into it and would credit by EOD, but they were not. Had to remind them again and finally got credited but not into my Contest Points but in My Survey points. This is the second time the points have gone into My Survey points which I found confusing. I got them and I guess that's all that matters.
  • J Zerbs
    I was actually thinking that may have been the case with my points which is why they're not listed under the contest points. I haven't been given a answer about it though and every time I ask they say they'll look into it so I wait a couple days and ask again.
  • charsocal
    - One thing I forgot to mention is the last 2 contest points I did get were listed as SC123456,( these numbers are examples). I have been using the About Me on the dashboard page to keep up with daily points and contest numbers which has helped alot.
  • charsocal
    - Waited 48 hrs and had to ask again today for another win in Shout for #239 and I still don't see the points credited. I clicked on My Panel, Points and there is still no point's credited under Total Points or Contest Points. Why do I and others even have to ask?????? Plus no. this is not rare for the amount of time for points to be credited. Look at all the negative remarks above. Simple question, Why? Oh well............
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.