• Admin
    mb4yotrum6e5t8lk.jpg

Respondents who are looking forward to earn money online via Survey Panels always face problem in identifying an honest and legitimate site. Sometimes it’s easy to differentiate between a genuine and illegitimate site.

Site flaunting those flashy ads with lucrative offers like “click here and win $1000.00” or some model asking for your e-mails address, are the ones questionable and not legitimate as they are just looking for your information for marketing purpose. So such sites are big No No!

Sometimes however this differentiation is not so obvious. Below tips can help you identify paid online survey scams.
    1.Company Background – If a site is genuine they will always display information regarding their company headquarters, company history, survey panel information, etc.to earn the trust of users. But an illegitimate site does not provide any information at all regarding their business. Hence, a website with insufficient or incomplete information in “about us” page may be an online survey scam website.

2.Page Registration- For genuine survey company’s information about the user is very important, so they always try to know as much as possible about their users via Profile questions. Profile questions help survey companies to allocate surveys to the users on the basis of their profile information. Hence, the site which only asks for your name and e-mail address is usually a scam site and not a market research panel.

3.Lucrative high- income Promises – Market research companies encourage users to take surveys because they appreciate their opinion and pay reasonable compensation as they value time user devote in taking their surveys. If a company is claiming that they’ll pay fixed amount like $200.00 daily to take surveys is a fraudulent site.

4.No privacy policy – Legitimate survey sites always list the ways they will use panelist details and will display this on the privacy form. Any company which does not provide any information about how they will use your details should be avoided.

9cj9o0trjfyewfe4.jpg
  • Wizard8072
    Great information post - it is good to identify elements so users are more educated - the better a user understands, the happier the user is in my opinion :-)
  • Krystyna
    Right on (Y)
  • Manicgrizzly
    Great post admin

Could I also suggest that before signing up to a panel you visit the surveypolice.com site and check that it is listed on there? Surveypolice run basic checks on a panel before they can be listed, so if it isn't on there it would probably be inadvisable to join that particular panel. If it is listed, you may want to read any reviews first too.....
  • Krystyna
    Yes,this is great suggestion for people who would like to join survey company. Most of the survey panels I belong to,I joined thru survey police.
  • Wizard8072
    Great information and idea Manicgrizzly! I like that Univox advertises SurveyPolice on their homepage :-)
  • Manicgrizzly
    Thanks Krystyna - when I first started out doing online surveys and knew nothing I used google to search and started signing up to a panel that came top of the results.... it was only a 'feeling' or sixth sense that made me stop before I submitted any personal information, and everything I've learnt since has convinced me that it was a phishing site set up just to get your data and I'd had a lucky escape! Scammers also set up sites that copy well known panel sites to trick the unprepared. I will only ever join a panel through survey police now as it is the only way I can be confident I am joining a genuine site. They must be raking it in given the amount of people with the same view as me and the volume of refer a friend bonuses they must be getting! Well good luck to them I say - at least I know my data is safe when I use them to join a panel!
  • Manicgrizzly
    Thanks Wizard8072 - yes I find that survey police is a great site for anyone who does surveys: there is an awful lot useful information there, and ive found it invaluable as a resource supporting my survey taking - I'd highly recommend anyone reading this that hasn't visited them before to go and check them out... you'll be glad you did!
  • J Zerbs
    Number one red flag and it basically goes without saying- If a site requires you to pay $ before joining they're probably not legit. I've seen quite a few sites do when first starting to do surveys. These sites also often say you can make thousands of dollars a month while spending almost no time or effort or $50 (or whatever high number) a hour. Generally speaking if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
  • Oldschool
    Great post admin
  • Kingalfred
    I joined one...opinionbureau..sucks for me...could be my demographics...but they do offer 5$ surveys...IT related..buisness owners...but if you own a buisness...why would you be sat taking surveys..
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks for the valuable information, Admin. Bless you. Thanks for looking after us.
  • cjsenour
    I had a site that I was on for several years. Survey Police approved it. I had almost $50 in points and was waiting until I hit the $50 before I redeemed. The site went out of business, and I never got my money. I now always redeem at the minimum points, so I don't get caught again.

• Ashok Bhatia
    good job & very useful information (Y)
  • charsocal
    - Just updated my list of sites that I have accounts with and crossed of O.B, waste of time. The Survey Police are pretty much accurate but then again not. Not only should Uni be on the top of the SP list but there are also others. P.M. someone if you want to know about a site before joining if you wish. And any others who are new to survey sites.
  • Benny
    That has happened to me before. I agree with you 100% on cashing out at the minimum
  • charsocal
    - Been there, but once you know who are the legit ones all is good.
  • J Zerbs
    Luckily I've never been not paid by a site once requesting a payout or because the site closed down. One site I used closed down but they sent me the $ for the points I had in my account even though i was short of the cash out amount.
  • godseeconomy
    That's a very ethical company.
  • godseeconomy
    Good point. Redeeming little and often is safer, in case the company goes under.
  • Oldschool
    Hi Wizard Glad to have you around this site.You give some good info.I honestly have not found many consistent sites like Univox.I do well here and the only other site I use is Opinion Outpost.The problem with OP is they only give you a limited amount of surveys every day but you get enough to make 2-6 bucks a day and they pay via paypal quick.I love Univox and I have been doing surveys for about 4 years.I actually did not like this site a few years ago when I joined.Then I checked back in last year and they made changes that made it one of the best.Cheers Talk to you soon.Bob :))
  • Wizard8072
    Glad to be here - I have met a lot of good folks - even though new to this survey thing - have over 30 years in IT so fairly easy to pick up on how things work here. It is a good site and I enjoy my time here - just like the folks and the surveys i do get to take for the most part are a lot of fun! also gives you a litlle bit of fun money which I put to fun uses :-) Good talking with you Bob and talk to you soon - Bill :-)
  • frances turkel
    Admin How to identify a Legitimate Survey Panel?
    Thank you for the information post .reviewing instructions keeps the mind alert; extents your knowledge, alerts your mind and keeps you on you toes! I see my survey's clearer So for all the new comers LOOK,REREAD instructions and count your points for you will be rewarded for your work!
  • Admin
    oh thank you so much for the blessing its much needed one..
  • Admin
    So before others call us the fake site they must go through the blog >:O :P..
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.