• Jessica S
    Does anyone have any tips to manage stress and anxiety? My friend has depression, anxiety, bipolar, and a few other issues. Any tips on how to manage it without having to spend a ton of money?
  • mikeee
    I would say that exercise is good for stress relief, but things like depression and bipolar seem a whole lot more than just stress to me.
  • mikeee
    Seems to me depression is something that requires professional help. It can be dangerous.
    Certainly be a support for your friend tho!
  • charsocal
    Many moons ago Dr.'s thought these conditions were all in a person's head, but they are not! They are all an illness that can be controlled by dr's. If your friend has no medical insurance you can contact a health dept and if they are to expensive you can research church's that offer free medical services. My own Dr. and neighbor donates his time to a Baptist church ( health clinic ) called Hope and Health clinic and there are also Catholic church's that do the same. Hope this info helps.
  • Krystyna
    With all do respect,your comment/answer by plastering the statement by way of picture to somebody's seeking advice about some serious issues is just .....your joke doesn't fit very well.......go figure...
  • charsocal
    - No disrespect, but I do not find this funny at all. Stress has nothing to with bipolar, depression, or anxiety. If a person has cancer, arthritis, or any other medical condition that can be controlled, cured, or managed it is a medical condition just like what this person is going through.
  • charsocal
    - OMG, we were on this at the same time !!!! Sick is all I can say! I have suffered from Panic Attacks And Depression but has been under control for many years, thank you for the doctors who understood. I was, I am. fortunate to have health insurance and feel for those who may not, or cannot afford to go to a PCP.
  • charsocal
    - Forget the No Disrespect, I disrespect you for the STUPID picture. My husband suffers from epilepsy, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. He became very depressed at one point in his life for having so many medical issues and it wasn't due to stress, just sadness and seeked help which helped him so much. Would you like to post some stupid pictures of his conditions? I am sure your comment hasn't made Krystyna feel very good with all she has gone through. I always told her I would keep my mouth shut if it was a comment that didn't hurt others, BUT when someone makes fun or hurts others I will speak up. Maybe finding help for yourself may help.
  • charsocal
    Administration, Could you PLEASE remove Bob Dacks picture, but leave this thread open.
    Thank you
  • anamika
    stress is the only problem which actually leads to number of problem in near future.i hve suffered a hell life due to this
  • Admin
    Very we are going to post a blog with regard to the same topic, how to deal with stress and depression. thanks
  • Bob Dack

I am "VERY SORRY" to Any one took take to heart It was not meant as a attack on anyone or any thing,Please let's not forget if anyone has had more stress than coming out of a coma and finding out they have died once already you might just give them a little leeway on trying to keep things light humored.
    I am still a nice person and have never tried hurt anyone off hand like others have done to me.
    I could care less if the picture is remove as it was not meant to hurt anyone's feeling and I am very sorry to everyone who felt this did hurt their feeling. I will keep this in mind on any further post I now make.
  • Bob Dack

Also on a side-note I sent a letter to support asking for
    it to be removed along with all the burning comments!
  • Krystyna
    Maybe you intended to be "light humored" but I'm sorry there is nothing funny about message that promotes violence and yes,it should be deleted.
  • charsocal
    - Yes, I think it would be a good idea for you to THINK before you post any further pictures or comments. And plus taboot with all the horrible violence we all have witness through the media this was just in poor taste. I also think you have to remember some of the other members here that are going through other type of medical problems, which may be themselves, a loved one or someone close to them. I really don't think you are a bad person, but a human being who just made a bad judgement as I am sure we all have one time or more in our lives.
  • Kingalfred
    Interpretation
    Is in the eye of the beholder in first reading Bob Dack s pic post
    I tutted and thought ฯ¿¤§μ©
    A second later i thought i can so see how a person with anxiety/depression/bipolar
    And their way of thinking at the time of feeling ill ..how their mind could go down this path..
    At first being told to "reduce the stress in their live"

I hated you Bob Dack
    But now i forgive you :) all in the space of an instant

Although this is a far greater topic that can be discussed in a sentence
    More widely spread than ppl care to think about
    Each persons needs differ greatly
    Each persons hour can differ greatly
    There's not one thing universal to all
    Friends Family company..interaction
    Keeping the mind busy
    Not over thinking..
    Occupying the mind with none negative situations
    The smallest things are an acheivment
    As even the smallest things can take all your energy and attention to acheive
    Some one calls to invite you out/somewhere/visiting
    On the spot you agree
    On the phone going down your mind is already trying to work out a way to cancel
    Anxiety at its worse..the hours planning to prevent yourself from having company
    Or leaving the house....

Understanding...no pressure to force them into anything..baby steps as it were..
    Dont think just because you find things easy they do..
    Dont think.."sheesh you're a wimp..get over it..pull yourself together.."
    It's complex...
    The surface is scratched..

*Wanders Off*
  • Bob Dack
    I hated you Bob Dack
    But now i forgive you :) all in the space of an instant
    Kingalfred

First reading this or any of these in a public forum I thought Public Shaming.
    Which is also a form of Bullying,But then no, not yours as you go on to breakdown
    & explain your every thought in the process,now which you explain in detail thanks.
    Yours is the kind way of doing it.
    I don't hat you or anyone for that matter!
    Okay maybe one as she wronged me and got me fired by lying at a job long ago
    Okay two if you count my cheating ex-wife.
    But really that's it!
    So Thanks for the explanation,Helpful
  • Jessica S
    Thanks for commenting you guys. He had taken some medicine back when he was a teenager but it ended up making things worse. I'm not sure what it was that he had to take but he does't take medicine and also has a youtube channel. He has to deal with haters and trolls and people who are just plain mean to him and this doesn't help his anxiety and wanting to please everyone. I do my best to defend him and support him through all that. If you guys want to check his channel out and see what he goes through, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ9l4pry8uMsdMPX4JKQj6Q
  • frances turkel
    "Jessica"Kingalfred"charsocal;] Panic Attacks And Depression[
    anxiety/depression/bipolar[
    No Respect I suffer from all these mental Illness When I have attack I feel like I'm in a bad dreamesp[ecially when it hits all at once!

Hope everyone had a great Holiday and healthy happy New Year
  • Jessica S
    Hope you guys all do too and it's just taking things one day at a time with him. Anyway hope everyone is doing well. It just started snowing outside
  • Admin
    Hi All We have a post regarding how to manage the stress. On blog segment. You all can read that and it might help you all. For any question you can leave in the comment box. thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.