• Marvy
    So true. That's the look alright! >:O
  • Admin
    HAHAHA yes even I remember the moment and feels like laughing >:O
  • Marvy
    HA! Same here. You really do feel like your entire life has flashed before your eyes.
  • Admin
    I do agree and the heart race at 200 HP :)
  • Marvy
    HA! So true.
  • godseeconomy
    And I've twisted my ankle this way. Crippling!
  • Donna
    We have lived in our house for ten years. We have two steps down from our kitchen/eating area into our family room. Just this past spring, I was carrying some stuff into the family room and completely forgot those two steps were there. After 10 years, YES 10 years, I walked right into the family room as if the floor was level all the way through. The funny part is, as I was falling, I was thinking, "What the heck??? I'm falling!!!" After I hit the floor I looked behind me to see what the heck happened, and I realized that after 10 years, I forgot about the two steps down! Twisted my ankle, too! It's funny, because when you're falling, it only takes seconds to hit the floor, but it feels like an eternity!
  • godseeconomy
    Didn't it make you feel foolish? At such events/moments, my wish is that no one saw me make that ungainly tumble!!! Pride does go before a fall, eh?
  • Donna
    Heck yeah, it makes you feel foolish! At least I was in the house though! I've fallen outside, where you can't scramble back up fast enough and look around to see if anyone saw! x)
    And actually (I don't know why I'm telling you this - guess I'm trying to make myself feel even more stupid) ;) I've done that in our house twice. Forgotten about those two steps, I mean. The first time was after about 5 years living in our house and this last time was after 10 years.
  • godseeconomy
    Ah, age is catching up!! It's either memory or your mind was elsewhere as you were going down the steps. Were you in a hurry to do something else? Sometimes I go up and downstairs more than twice in successions and couldn't recall why I had to re-do those steps! Memory is like a sieve! The joy of ageing!
  • Marvy
    Donna. I'm glad you are okay, but I'm chucking at your "What the heck??? I'm falling!!!". That has happened to me as well. It's almost like a sports announcer doing a play-by-play.
  • Donna
    I don't remember what else was going on the first time, but this last time I do remember. We burn wood for heat and I was carrying the empty milk crates back to the back door to take outside and refill with wood - a pretty mindless task, which allows me to think of other things as I'm doing it. So yup! Mind in too many places at one time!
  • Admin
    Oh good to know that you are fine,thanks for sharing the story, it very well relates with our post, it matters how even missing the single steps makes us feel embarrassed, sometimes physical hurt, but that feeling of missing any steps is similar with almost all, where heart races fast and suddenly how our overburdened mind think of nothing but oh god I am safe feels like rebirth. >:O :D
  • J Zerbs
    speaking of a sports announcer doing play by play, I know this is old and everyone has probably seen it but I still find it funny even after seeing it several times.
  • Marvy
    HA! This one is new to me. So funny. The announcer did what he does best...kept on announcing. Made my day. Thanks for sharing!
  • Donna
    That was pretty good!
  • Donna
    Am Am I a terrible person for thinking this is funny?!
  • J Zerbs
    I don't think so, she didn't look like she was hurt.
  • Marvy
    . Like the guy in the video I need a moment to "take the water away." My sides hurt. Not from the poor girls twisting ankles (I'm glad she's okay), but because of his contagious laughter. At one point it seemed he could hardly catch his breath. I was almost on the floor. Thanks for sharing. One more thing that made my day!
  • J Zerbs
    I've said the same thing "am I a terrible person" when I'd see a friend fall down. Well first I'd be concerned and ask if they were okay, and if they were then I'd laugh about it. I often mock myself too, over the dumb things I've done. People have told me I shouldn't do that but I think you need to have a sense of humor about yourself.
  • Marvy
    No, I don't think that makes you a bad person at all. If so, then you've got a couple of boat mates in me and . I agree with you, you have to have a sense of humor about yourself. After all 'A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.' I do believe that laughter is good for the soul.
  • godseeconomy
    Sometimes, it's so hilarious you can't help laughing till your sides hurt or tears falling down to your cheeks. You wouldn't laugh if someone is seriously hurt.
  • Kristine Taylor
    Oh yes. Most definitely. But the best part for me is the fact that I have mastered the art of falling UP the stairs!!
  • Marvy
    A true talent, indeed! HA!
  • sascha
    That is so true! I don't do that going DOWN the stairs. I do it walking UP the stairs...How does that happen? I do not have a clue...LOL
  • Benny
    My wife practices this maneuver at least once a month. It's not the fall that gets me, it's the SCREAM. Whatever is in her hands goes for a ride. LOL.
  • Marvy
    HA! They do say practice makes perfect.

Sorry, I shouldn't chuckle at other's misfortune. >:)
  • Benny
    That's ok. She just don't understand why it keeps happening. 99.9 % of the time it's the bottom step she misses. Thank goodness it's only been bruises on the hiney & knees and not broke bones.
  • Admin
    >:O ahh take it easy as it can be.. just chill,,
  • Admin
    oh.. then she needs to be careful or any bigger mishap can happen, lets think positive that nothing should happen at all.. but needs to be little more careful.. have blessed moments..
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.