• Jessica S
    So what do you guys plan on doing for Thanksgiving? Also is there anything special you guys have with the food besides the usual turkey? My mom normally makes banana pudding for dessert but I get a special batch since I don't like bananas yum
  • Jessica S
    Also we normally just stay at home and eat lunch so we don't have any big plans normally
  • sharonh
    I would like to watch the new Anne of Green Gables airing on some cable station. We don't have cable so we will need to stay at my in-laws (where we will eat) until the movie is over.
  • shweta1996
    Although it's not celeberated over here but I am very excited regarding it.I had seen how thanksgiving is celeberated on "FRIENDS" and I had loved it.So HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE.
  • Paulgro
    Going to my sister's house. They live close by so not much driving. Don't know what she'll be serving.
  • Syvynn
    I host a Thanksgiving lunch here at my home for a party of 10-12 (in laws mainly). Then I go to a dinner at my grandmother's house for my family.

We have fried turkey, smoked pork, and smoked venison.
  • frances turkel
    C Hanson Wow I never heard of Fried Turkey one of these days I have to try that thanks for the idea!
    Jerry has to work today and His older son and family are on vacation!
    Tomorrow will be our Thanksgiving and he's cooking the turkey and I'm making a walnut cranberry
    stuffing....and he's inviting one old friend and the drummer from his band and he's bringing his Mom
    so this should be interesting!!!
  • Paulgro
    I've heard deep fried turkey is good but never had one.
  • Donna
    I've heard it is good, too. My niece told me she was at a friend's house and they covered the turkey with bacon and smoked it. That sounds good too!
  • Paulgro
    I wonder if either way makes turkey moist since turkey does tend to be dry? I like white meat sandwiches but make sure I have plenty of Mayo on the bread or roll.
  • Syvynn
    Deep Fried turkey in peanut oil is amazing.
  • Paulgro
    I never met anyone that has it, just seen it on TV.
  • Syvynn
    My husband fries one up every year for the last 5 years now. He wants to smoke one, but everyone vetoes him because the fried turkey is phenomenal.
  • Paulgro
    Don't smoke it. We bought a smoked turkey breast many moons ago and it tasted like ham. It tasted great thinking it was ham but terrible knowing it was turkey.
  • Syvynn
    Lol, sorry for the bad luck. Actually my husband is a master at smoking meats, grilling, BBQ'ing. His brisket, pork butt, and deer ham are to die for... he can't beat my smoked ribs though, he does spicy and I do sweet fall off the bone.
  • Paulgro
    I'm a spicy kind of guy. The hotter the better. My wife likes sweet and will kill for ribs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.