• Marvy
    HA! Another good retort. I love it!
  • Krystyna
    Good one,lol.
  • Donna
    I have had the misfortune of being called ugly once - by my then 3 year old nephew, who I'll call K.
    I watched my sister's 2 kids every day from the time they were infants until they were roughly 7 and 9 years old, while she worked. I watched the kids every day at their house. Normally, I would get up in the morning and get dressed at my house, and wait til I got to my sister's to put on my makeup. I would usually get to their house about 7 am or so, my sister left about 7;15, and usually my nephew, K, would sleep for another half hour or so after I got there, leaving me enough time to put my makeup on before he got up.
    One morning, I got there, and K was already up. He took a look at me and said, "Ew, Aunt Donnie, you wook ug-we (look ugly). ;) I thought to myself, "Wow, that hurt a little!" So out of curiosity, I asked him about my sister. I said to him, "Well K, what about your mama? Is Mama pretty or ugly?" He responded back, "Mama is pretty." Thought to myself, "Gee, that hurt a little bit, too."
    So I sat him at the kitchen table, and got him some breakfast, and then went into the small bathroom off the kitchen (where I could still look out and check on him) and quickly put my makeup on while he was eating. When I came out, he was finishing his breakfast, and he said, "Oh, Aunt Donnie, NOW you wook pwitty (look pretty). A little light went off in my head and I realized it was the makeup. So I gave him a kiss and said thank you to him, and I explained that before, when I "wooked ug-we", I did not have makeup on. So then I asked him again about my sister. I said, "K, what about your mama? Is mama pretty before she puts her makeup on?" He said, "No, mama's ug-we (ugly), too"!
  • Marvy
    HA! This sounds like it would be a good short story in Reader's Digest. Thanks for sharing. :-!

P.S.--Sorry for your hurt feelings. :( Kids say the darnedest things. In fact General Mills is doing series of commercials showcasing the honesty of kids.

• Donna
    LOL!! is there a baby in your tummy?! Those are funny!!!
  • Marvy
    I know, right!!! >:O

Here's another one from this series.

• Donna
    Love it!!! LOL!!!
  • Admin
    thankyou so much :)
  • Admin
    awww hahahahaha, thats super cute story..thanks for sharing..:)
  • frances turkel
    Donna Don"t feel bad I grew thinking I was ugly and fat...My brother always called me piggy and then he started calling me Ugly Piggy !
    try growing up with that all the time...all it did was make me try harder and improve myself
  • Admin
    confident all that matters, physical look can be temporary to influence till the time one is not mentally alert and intelligence that makes a lasting mark on our mind and heart. Finally world bow to the intelligence and smartness, love the way you are the world will love you back. :)
  • frances turkel
    Admin thank you for your encouragement !
  • charsocal
    - So sorry you had to through such a cruel ordeal.
  • Admin
    Its just not the encouragement but the fact, just follow and see the miracle. Thanks
  • bear
    no one is ugly; we all have a beauty about us. To some it is on the outside on show for the world, for others, we keep it inside of us just waiting to let it out to show who we are.
  • Donna
    Very beautiful words, bear!
  • Marvy
    Totally agree.
  • Admin
    Very true,its indeed, outer beauty will fade but inner beauty only grows with time. :)
  • Donna
    Beautiful words, too, Admin!
  • frances turkel
    ↪Admin bear Donna thank you and all of you wonder why I say your my family had a great evening !
  • Krystyna
    Well said!!!!
  • Manuel Lopes Filho
    Muito boa esta historia! fico feliz que tenha compartilhado com o grupo.
  • godseeconomy
    Tell them you are made in the image of God.
  • sascha
    I had a brother that did that, too. He was 10 years older than me and I was as skinny as a beanpole.
  • sascha
    People forget. It's not the outside that counts;it's what's on the inside that counts.
  • sascha
    Very well said. That is what I was taught. too.
  • Admin
    great way to brought up the child. thanks
  • rakesh
    nice one
  • Admin
    Thankyou :) keep smiling keep rocking
  • godseeconomy
    I know I'm NOT a mug! I'm made in God's image.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.