• Bob Dack
    Canada discovered a mummified dinosaur from 110 million years ago

pujs7whytyp0oo5e.jpg
    Canada discovered a mummified dinosaur from 110 million years ago, finally unearthed it after last year and just put it on display...A FREAKIN dinosaur mummy. noone seems to know or care about, and I think that is wack. ITS A MUMMIFIED DINO.
    THAT IS SO COOL. THATS THE COOLEST THING IVE SEEN ALL MONTH why arent people talking about this its amazing
  • Michele
    That is pretty amazing and very old!!!
  • Bob Dack
    That Face is

xjddtrwvf4s1o3ge.jpg

I think it has to do with Symmetry:-
    in everyday language refers to a sense of harmonious
    and beautiful proportion and balance.
    Most of us look odd if we take two lefts & put them together?
    Same as if you take two Right and put them together?
    We look like two different people usually

Here are first her Lefts:-
    ytfhzap4w8nxb6hg.jpg

Here are first her rights:-
    5mjtgsqiezw8q12v.jpeg

To me they are very close & easy to tell it is the same person.
  • Bob Dack
    j923zoi9xjqbe0ys.jpg

Scientists have spotted repeated blasts of radio signals coming from deep in space.

The breakthrough is only the second time scientists have seen such a repeating radio burst. It both deepens the mystery and offers a potential opportunity to finally understand what might be throwing out the burst from a galaxy billions of light years away.

Fast radio bursts have been speculated to be the result of everything from exploding stars to transmissions from aliens. But they have remained entirely mysterious, with little evidence at all of where they might be coming from.

The flashes only last for a milisecond but they are flung out with the same amount of energy the sun takes 12 months to produce.

Probably most exciting of the new bursts is one that scientists saw repeat six times, apparently from the same location. Of the more than 60 fast radio bursts detected so far, only one of them has ever repeated.

“Until now, there was only one known repeating FRB. Knowing that there is another suggests that there could be more out there. And with more repeaters and more sources available for study, we may be able to understand these cosmic puzzles—where they’re from and what causes them,” said Ingrid Stairs, a member of the CHIME team and an astrophysicist at UBC.

Seeing two repeating signals probably means that there exists – and that humanity will probably find – a "substantial population" of repeating signals, the researchers write in one of the two papers published in Nature.

Having two sets of repeating bursts could also allow scientists to understand what distinguishes them from single bursts, helping them understand more about their source and watch for future blasts.

In all the researchers spotted some 13 of the bursts in just a three week period, offering a vast new trove of data for the scientists hunting for their source. Together they could offer some evidence of the extreme or unusual environment they are coming from – or the mysterious technology that some claim alien civilisations could be launching them into space with.

“Whatever the source of these radio waves is, it’s interesting to see how wide a range of frequencies it can produce. There are some models where intrinsically the source can’t produce anything below a certain frequency,” says team member Arun Naidu of McGill University.

The blasts were discovered by the Canadian Hydrogen Intensity Mapping Experiment in British Columbia. Some scientists had worried that the range of frequencies it can pick up would be too low for it to receive the FRBs – but it found far more than expected, and scientists expect it to identify even more.

Of the 13 new blasts that were picked up, at least seven of them were recorded at 400 MHz – the lowest frequency of any yet discovered. That suggests there might be even more of them, too low to be picked up by CHIME.

“[We now know] the sources can produce low-frequency radio waves and those low-frequency waves can escape their environment, and are not too scattered to be detected by the time they reach the Earth. That tells us something about the environments and the sources. We haven’t solved the problem, but it’s several more pieces in the puzzle,” says Tom Landecker, a CHIME team member from the National Research Council of Canada.
  • Michele
    Yes Thylane Blondeau is quite beautiful and her face is symmetrical, Very pretty eyes and lips! I also remember her photo as a child beauty.
  • Bob Dack

You know if you take half a facial photo of a normal person,
    Put to a mirror the two face look like two different people?
    Were as with her as you see it looks like the same person?
  • Michele
    I’ve heard that but not tried it myself. I know some people prefer to pose their ‘better’ side for a photo!
  • Bob Dack
    It is rare for a person to have a perfect face that is symmetrical.
  • Kingalfred
    i have also a perfect face...... for Halloween....
  • godseeconomy
    Archaeologists have found in the Red Sea the Egyptians military artifacts and bones of men which could be dated at the time of Moses in the bible. Interesting. The Bible is NOT a book of myths !!!
  • Bob Dack

What source was this new item?
  • godseeconomy
    BBC News website. Maybe you can google it?
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks, Bob for the heads up. Teach me to be less gullible!! It wasn't from the BBC. I can't recall where. Anyway, I had deleted the whatsapp msg and now I cannot recall where it came from. My memory is like a sieve and it is not selective memory loss I promise you!!! :grin: .
  • Kingalfred
    6zbfwvonhyz0s2zz.png

all the above belonged to the countries
    taking down a dictator and then pillaging their ill gotten gains...
    who's the crook? as guilty at allowing poverty as each other....
    corrupt Worlds going to die and implode due to global warming greed because of back handers
    keeping a handfull of families in luxury

i think 14 people have the same wealth as 50% of the "lowest classes" on the planet
    "the powers that be" f***ing over billions ......... at least Saddam and Gaddafi were open about their dealings.......
  • Bob Dack
    l2usfyq7ktdmkp63.jpg

In Israel, a Crusades-era hand grenade was found and retrieved from the sea. The family that found the old relic has handed it over to the Israeli Antiquities Authority. It was found in 2016 and is a unique find.

Nothing like the ones made today, this grenade was made from heavy clay and is beautifully embossed, it does not explode with shrapnel like the hand grenades of this generation, but it is more like a Molotov cocktail or incendiary grenade. It was filled with naphtha, a flammable sticky liquid known as Greek fire, then sealed and thrown at enemies.

Diego Barkan, an archaeologist with the Israel Antiquities Authority said ‘These hand grenades were being used in the Byzantine and early Islamic period right up until the Ottomans and it is made of a heavy clay and would have been used much like a Molotov cocktail. He went on to say: ‘Inside they would have put alcohol and lit a fuse poked in a hole in the top before throwing it towards the enemy ships.’

It was mostly known to be used in naval battles where the fire would easily destroy enemies’ ships and was an effective weapon. The IAA stated that the grenades were very popular in Israel during the crusades, which took place between the 11th to 13th century, and they were used until the Mamluk era, between the 13th and 16th century.
    The late Marcel Mazliah, a worker at the Hadera power plant in northern Israel, found the grenade. But this wasn’t the only item that was in Mazliah’s collection. Archaeologists were very surprised to find ancient artifacts that date back 3,500 years.

Marcel’s family told them that he found most of these treasures while working at the power plant that was near the sea, he collected them for many years.

Some of his other finds were the head of a knife which dated back to the Bronze Age, along with candlesticks, two mortars and two pestles dating back to the 11th century.

“The items were apparently manufactured in Syria and were brought to Israel,” Ayala Lester, a curator with the Israel Antiquities Authority, said in a statement.

Archaeologists believe that the metal objects fell overboard while on a metal merchant’s ship in the Islamic period (638-1099)
  • Kevin H
    A study carried out by NASA revealed that astronaut Scott Kelly is no longer identical to his identical twin brother. Apparently after spending a year in space 7% of his DNA has changed. OMG !

6oza3a07syrbm6g8.jpeg
  • Sacha

Very interesting. Just read up on it
  • Bob Dack
    Though Broken into pieces Archaeologists unearth
    1,900-year-old Roman emperor statue under a Turkish fountain.

x7c0jf2grv1m7v90.jpg
  • godseeconomy
    I recall this report.
  • Paulgro
    THE LARGEST KNOWN T. REX ROAMED CANADA
    PALEONTOLOGISTS NOTE ITS BONES WERE HEFTIER THAN NORMAL AND COVERED IN BATTLE SCARS.

Colton Kruse COLTON KRUSE — MARCH 29, 2019
    t-rex-thumb-1140x630.jpg
    THIS WEEK
    [March 24-30th, 2019] Giant dinosaurs, mysterious cat phones, a birding league, and the rest of the week’s weird news from Ripley’s Believe It or Not!

THE BIGGEST T. REX
    Paleontologists in Canada have just unearthed the biggest Tyrannosaurus rex on record. Lovingly named “Scotty,” this prehistoric behemoth stood 43 feet tall and is estimated to have weighed nearly 20,000 pounds! Its splendid size makes it one of the largest carnivorous dinosaurs ever found. Scientists note that some T. rex were slim and lanky, but not Scotty. This king of kings had thick bones scarred with numerous injuries and is thought to have lived for 30 years—longer than the average T. rex.
    CC-Kumiko.jpg
    biggest t. rex
    CC Kumiko
  • Bob Dack
    Yeah read that just the other day!
  • Paulgro
    Came out March 29th. He's a big one!!
  • mikeee
    what?
  • mikeee
    bumping over spam
  • Bob Dack
    b4k07n3lvycym0ji.jpg

A hoard of early fourth-century Roman coins, which was discovered by two metal-detecting enthusiasts, is thought to be the largest haul of its kind to be found in Britain.

The discovery was made in July 2017 near the village of Rauceby in Lincolnshire, which 59-year-old Rob Jones and his friend Craig Paul, 32, had searched for years.

Lincolnshire County Council archaeologist Dr Adam Daubney said the coins may have been buried as part of a ceremonial ritual.

"The coins were found in a ceramic pot, which was buried in the centre of a large oval pit - lined with quarried limestone," he said.

"What we found during the excavation suggests to me that the hoard was not put in the ground in secret, but rather was perhaps a ceremonial or votive offering.

"The Rauceby hoard is giving us further evidence for so-called 'ritual' hoarding in Roman Britain."

The more than 3,000 copper alloy coins are being examined by The British Museum and will be valued.

The museum's curator of Iron Age and Roman coins, Dr Eleanor Ghey, said: "At the time of the burial of the hoard around AD 307, the Roman Empire was increasingly decentralised and Britain was once again in the spotlight following the death of the emperor Constantius in York.

"Roman coins had begun to be minted in London for the first time.

"As the largest fully recorded find of this date from Britain, it has great importance for the study of this coinage and the archaeology of Lincolnshire."

Recalling the discovery, Mr Jones said he and Mr Craig started to dig after their metal detectors started beeping.

He said: "I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I've found a few things before, but absolutely nothing on this scale.

"I was totally amazed. Finding the coins was the ultimate experience that we will never forget.

"It's an incredibly humbling experience knowing that when you discover something like this, the last time someone touched it was nearly 2,000 years ago. I was completely flabbergasted."

The coins were officially declared treasure under the Treasure Act 1996 at Lincoln Coroner's Court on
  • Paulgro
    I have a coin from a Roman ship. There are so many around they really aren't worth much if anything. Still like that it's so old and in good shape.
  • Kingalfred
    ..... i have a £20 note from 2012 .,.,.,. it's now worth £8.34 ......
  • Paulgro
    I don't like anything that stings!
  • Bob Dack
    I've watch videos of these thing they're monster and the worst sting you have ever felt ,they say it is worst than a white hot spike nail to where it stings you>
    You should goole it there are videos of one or two of the attacking a Bee hive and wiping it out!
    First time I ever saw a picture of one I thought it was some japanese tin toy because of the size that were shown beside someone's hand?
  • Paulgro
    I just watched a 5 minute video of this guy removing their underground nests. Yes they are big and one tried to sting the the guys hand but got his glove instead.
  • Bob Dack

These things are big and vicious and have appetite for destruction?
  • Paulgro
    I know we need bees but don't see why we need those things. Time to start spraying again!
  • Bob Dack

The question is How did it get here are there more or
    is this just a freak accident,they are native to Japan?!?
    Did it stowaway on a freighter or something?
  • Paulgro
    I would say by ship. We do a lot of trade there and they with us.
  • Bob Dack
    That is why there are so many different Cockroaches in North America.
    They come by ship also, at all the ports of entry
  • Nat M
    Talk about cockroaches .Here in Australia in Rugby League especially in the State of Origin which is between Queensland and New South Wales. New South Wales are known as the Cockroaches and Queensland as the Cane Toads
  • Bob Dack
    rnq1gv7c6vot4ja1.jpeg
    The thigh bone of a giant dinosaur was found this week by French paleontologists at an excavation site in southwestern France where remains of some of the largest animals that ever lived on land have been dug up since 2010.
    The two-meter long femur at the Angeac-Charente site is thought to have belonged to a sauropod, herbivorous dinosaurs with long necks and tails which were widespread in the late Jurassic era, over 140 million years ago.
    "This is a major discovery," Ronan Allain, a paleontologist at the National History Museum of Paris told Reuters. "I was especially amazed by the state of preservation of that femur."

"These are animals that probably weighed 40 to 50 tonnes."

Allain said scientists at the site near the city of Cognac have found more than 7,500 fossils of more than 40 different species since 2010, making it one of the largest such finds in Europe.
  • Paulgro
    Seems every time a new development is going up they will find something they never thought they would like giant bones or statues.
  • Paulgro
    Ancient Roman pen with an inscribed joke found under streets of London
    By Rob Picheta, CNN 10 hrs ago
    $
    Manning says she was hacked after slamming co-stars
    1998 Arkansas school shooter killed in car crash
    a close up of a black background: The message on the stylus was "painstakingly" translated.
    © MOLA The message on the stylus was "painstakingly" translated.
    Most of the time, visiting a foreign city and bringing back a pen as a gift won't go down well with the recipient.

But that tactic may have older roots than we thought; archaeologists have discovered an iron stylus in London, complete with an inscribed joke, that dates back nearly 2,000 years.

Of 200 styluses found at a site under Bloomberg's new European headquarters, only one -- dating back to around 70 A.D. -- had a message inscribed onto it.

It reads: "I have come from the City. I bring you a welcome gift with a sharp point that you may remember me. I ask, if fortune allowed, that I might be able (to give) as generously as the way is long (and) as my purse is empty."

In other words: I'm broke, but here's a pen.

"As 'the City' referred to is very likely Rome, the stylus suggests a direct link between Roman Italy and the province of Britannia," the Museum of London Archeology, which oversaw the dig, said in a blog post.

"At this time Londinium lay near the edge of the Empire but, far from a being a provincial backwater, it had grown into an important centre for commerce and governance, interconnected with the wider Roman world," they added.

"The stylus and its inscription highlights the crucial role that writing and literacy played in allowing traders, soldiers and officials to keep in contact with peers, friends and family, some of whom lived over a thousand miles away."

The excavation at the Bloomberg headquarters has revealed more than 14,000 artifacts under the streets of London. Around 600 of them are now on display at London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE.

The new building won the Stirling Prize, the UK's most prestigious architecture award, last October.

At the center of the 3.2-acre site is a public pedestrian arcade that re-establishes an ancient Roman road and a museum displaying the Roman temple of Mithras in its original location, where it was discovered 60 years ago.
  • Kingalfred
    The Japanese hornet, did it become a problem ?
    Looks to be 2" long ..... Beasty
  • Paulgro
    Don't know, Bob Dack posted that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.