• kaminikij
    Please guys say a prayer for all of us in the path of this devasting storm. Told we should expect to lose power and it may be out for weeks .I hope that wont affect my status because I will be back when i can
  • Syvynn
    Just stay safe !
    I'll be feeling the worse effects of it tomorrow around lunch time, I guess.
  • Donna
    Yes! Prayers for you and for the safety of all!
  • Krystyna
    Just checked the status of this hurricane and OMG,just horrible.You and all people that are in the path of it are and will stay in my prayers..Wishing you all the best and please stay safe and put...As much as I am compassionate and concerned about people well being,I'm also compassionate about all the animals because disasters caused by Mother Nature be that hurricanes or earthquakes,they don't distinguish between them....
  • Syvynn
    We have the St. Augustine Alligator Farm near me. I was just looking at their pages (pictures) and they have all the animals (except for the mature gators/crocs) inside. There's a really cute photo of the stork in the public bathroom. At least it's safe!!

gj57by60a1f43ujh.png
  • Paulgro
    This is one bad storm and if you live in a house you might think of going down to the basement if you have one. Everyone just stay safe the best way you can.
  • Syvynn
    Florida and basements don't mix...we don't have those around here... at least the majority doesn't. It's a rare thing. In fact, I know of no one in my area with a basement.
  • Paulgro
    That's the way it is here. Houses built on slabs. You know the drill so stay safe!
  • godseeconomy
    My nephew in Haiti had to cycle miles from 1 place to another to find food for the orphans in the orphanage he looks after. The buildings, orphanage, schools, office, foodstores where all the foodstuff were stored were either washed away by the storm or looted by the desperately hungry folks, Lord have mercy on them, protect the children and all displaced people affected. No children were injured, so far. Praise God for that. They have no roofs over their heads though. Shelter them from the storms of life, O Lord.
  • Syvynn
    Haiti and Cuba were hit pretty hard for what infrastructure they have. Luckily your nephew was okay!

I weathered just fine myself. One small myrtle tree from the neighbors crashed the fence in between theirs and mine, they will have to fix that tomorrow before they release their horses from the stables. My ancient oak withstood just fine. No power loss... in fact my directv only went out for 3-5 minutes total. My parents loss power for 5 hours. My sister-in-law has a flooded back yard and has been without power for 12 hours now. The town I live in is (the city proper) is completely without power... the crossing arms on the railroads all came down from loss of power and the CSX people were trying the arms back up with string (never seen anything so silly in my life). The two major thoroughfares in town had their traffic lights working via generators that they chained to the crosswalk sign.

I consider myself very lucky today.
  • Donna
    Very lucky! Just got online and read that there are 1.1 million without power in Florida! Glad you're ok! @kaminikij How are you?
  • Syvynn
    Thank you. Yeah some places are bad... St. Augustine is in awful condition. Very sad for the oldest city in the nation. :(
  • J Zerbs
    Good to hear your area wasn't hit too bad. Hopefully it's the same for . It might not be though as you mentioned some area's were hit harder than others so I just hope everyone is safe.
  • Syvynn
    Same here! could be without power. There are some areas that won't have power back until next week.
  • Paulgro
    Glad to see nothing bad really happened to you and yours. You never really know what these stores will do.
  • Syvynn
    Very true, If I was living just 15 miles closer to the Atlantic coast it would have been worse for me.
  • Paulgro
    15 miles is nothing so you're very lucky!

Need to start proofreading. "store" for 'Storms'. :/
  • godseeconomy
    Glad you are not badly affected at all. I am still waiting for reports from my other relatives in Miami. I haven't forgotten hurricane Andrew in 1992!! We got out of Miami airport just in time!
  • Syvynn
    Being in North Florida we don't get impacted as much as the south Florida gets, heck I don't think we get what the panhandle does either. Last big thing (hurricane force) we had here was Dora in 1964, but the next day the Beatles concert still happened (although Ringo's drum set had to be nailed to the stage).
  • kaminikij
    God was with us this one.Hope everyone else is as fortunate.Thanks for the well wishes.
  • Donna
    Glad you're well!
  • charsocal
    - My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!!
  • charsocal
    Glad to see you are all doing well!!! What a storm, we could feel the winds all the way here in N/W Fl. Hope the Admid /Univox team are doing OK.
  • Syvynn
    My niece got scared so she and her boyfriend left and went to Pensacola (use to live there) and stayed with a friend. She said she was thinking the same thing herself (that she was feeling Matthew over there).
  • godseeconomy
    Thanks, dear friend. My nephew was in the news (BBC) showing/speaking to reporter re the devastation in Jeremie etc. All the buildings, churches, schools, orphanages the El-Shaddai ministry runs, have not escaped destruction. They were all so busy distributing food to the people in 8 regions. Lord, strengthen all of them in their labour.
  • charsocal
    - It was really strange, there was not a cloud in the sky but the winds sure did cool things off here. Has she left P'cola yet? Me and my husband went to HomeDepot yesterday and when we pulled in the parking lot I thought they were having some special event that I didn't know about but it was the people who evacuated from all of the different states stocking up on supplies. I'll never forget when evacuated and headed your way during Ivan ,a cat 4 when it hit here, so I am truly feeling every ones pain.
  • charsocal
    - I known it must be such a heartache for all of you and my heart goes out to all of the ones who's lives were lost, such a tragedy. I only wish i had the words to make you feel better. Your nephew sounds like a true hero. Again, I am so deeply sorry.
  • Syvynn
    Yeah they came back yesterday morning. I went grocery shopping here and I was a little leary of it because the power in my town was out for over 5 hours (city proper) and I was worried about buying groceries like fresh meat... so I hope they had gotten new shipments in before I bought anything. Other than that... they were completely out of Bread... Bread, like there was a wheat shortage in the world or something. I guess people's hurricane supplies included bread, which made not sense to me.. there was plenty of water, canned goods, etc. Bread?
  • charsocal
    - Yea, same here when we have had to stock up. Bread and water were always the first to go. I assume a lot of people were going to eat peanut butter and jelly, yuk! Glad to hear your family is back home nice and safe. Bread, lol......
  • Krystyna
    I'm very happy that all of you here on the panel are ok and want to extend my deep sorrow to all families that lost their loved ones and those who still are going thru hardship due this horrible disaster.You all are in my prayers.
  • Syvynn
    I'd rather get something that was a little more shelf stable... bread doesn't last long in our humidity without AC on as you well know. I'd rather buy a box of saltines or something.

We still have people without power. My sis-in-law won't have power back until after midnight tomorrow night they say.

I concur .
  • Paulgro
    They showed all the animals that they picked up that were either abandoned or got away from their owners. The ones without chips will be put up for adoption. Many people don't realize how hard animal shelter people work and many for no pay.
  • Admin
    Thats very devastating to hear about the destruction of properties and inconvenience caused to many people. Our prayer goes to all staying in the prone area. Stay safe and be cautious and help others.May almighty shower his mercy to all and give courage and strength to fight this hard times..
  • godseeconomy
    Thank you, charsocal. God is still good to us! Amen.
  • charsocal
    - Yes indeed. Have you heard of any organizations that need supplies for the people of Haiti? So strange that I have not heard anything on the news about donating to that country.
  • frances turkel
    Hurricane Mathew
    To all the people affected by this horrible storm my prays are with all of you!
  • godseeconomy
    Yes, I have. I'll try and get the full website or email address for next time.
  • frances turkel
    godseeconomy I just realize I'm wrong about the bu on the dashboard its not a bug your right I'm so very sorry its a surprise box with a ribbon....
  • godseeconomy
    Here is the update I had received a few days ago.

Here's the link to the most recent update: http://www.esmihome.org/2016/10/update-9-preparing-to-welcome-teams/

Or look up - El Shaddai Ministries International, Inc.
    "Transforming Haiti One City at a Time"
    POM: The 4'Es: Evangelism, Education, Empathy, Economy
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.