• Bob Dack
    Our Wonderful Nature

• frances turkel
    Our Wonderful Nature - The Common Chameleon[ Love your Frog — "Bob
  • Bob Dack
    40 Ton Humpback Whale Leaps Entirely Out of the Water!

• frances turkel
    "Bob Dack; Love all whales have to go Dr appointment I'll try to get back later thank you
  • frances turkel
    Bob Dack; That that's great! Have to go Jerry said dinner done have a good night!
  • frances turkel
    ["Bob Dack; Very cool thank you
  • Bob Dack
    Mud Dragon

• Bob Dack
    Alligator Snapping Turtle vs Common Snapping Turtle

• frances turkel
    "Bob Dack; I never heard of a Snapping Alligator
  • Bob Dack

Uglier and meaner than just a regular snapping turtle if that's possible to imagine?
  • frances turkel
    "Bob Dack; thank you I glad I not around them
  • Bob Dack
    Truly Strange indeed!

Bizarre 'Legless' Lizard Has T-Rex Arms | National Geographic

• Bob Dack
    This Rare "Faceless" Fish Hasn't Been Seen in 100 Years | National Geographic

• frances turkel
    Bob Dack skull intime for Holoween
  • Donna
    Those are adorable! Give them wings and they would look like little baby dragons!
  • frances turkel
    "Bob Dack; a nice family portrait lol
  • Bob Dack
    It was amazing watching this short video of Lake Blause Switerland
    and the water was so clear you could see the fish in the water
    everywhere without a Fisherman or rod anywhere we could see?

Couldn't find the vid anywhere post-able but here's a picture!

i3g0revqccu8nkx2.jpg
  • Bob Dack
    5qup6usv4bzdwhk8.jpeg
    He said: "I have been going to that creek since I was a little boy and there have always been kangaroos on the property.

"I was walking my dog and we saw this huge roo standing in the water. I have never seen a kangaroo standing in the water like that, we could just see his head at first, and he was one of the biggest I have ever seen.

"As I ran around him to take a picture he came closer and that was when I realised he was coming right at me and he was really big.

"I am pretty confident around animals but the moment when he started to come out of the water my heart definitely jumped and I decided to take a few steps back.”

Kangaroos are largely docile and instinctively scared of humans but can act unpredictably if they feel threatened. They have been known to attack humans, although incidents are rare.

When kangaroos do attack humans they do so as if they were another kangaroo by grappling with their forepaws or sitting back and kicking out with their hind legs.

Mr Vincent, from Fremantle, Perth, had been visiting his grandmother in Margaret River and saw the gargantuan kangaroo on her property at about 11.30am. He said his main fear was that the wild animal was about to attack Kelpie Dharma.
    "He looked to be at least two metres (6ft 5in) tall or taller and must have weighed at least 100 kg (16st),” said Mr Vincent.

"He had a really big body and was taller than me. There are a lot of roos at my grandma's place but I have never seen one that muscular before - he was a big macho male.

"I decided to get Dharma out of there as we thought the kangaroo was going to lure him into the water to drown him."
    Mr Vincent's Facebook post with his images of the kangaroo's muscular physique quickly went viral, racking up thousands of likes and shares.

Online commenters were quick to point out the animal's impressive bodybuilder-like muscular shoulders, biceps and chest and threatening posture.
    After dropping Dharma back at his grandmother's house Mr Vincent returned to the creek to see the kangaroo was still there.

Jackson added: "His claws were really big - they were as long as my hand. That for me was even scarier than his muscles, they looked nasty.

"I have never seen a kangaroo be so defensive - it definitely looked like he was puffing his chest muscles up.

"I definitely wouldn't like to take him on in a boxing match."
  • Bob Dack
    0awii5ftz2utjtfw.jpg

40,000 penguin chicks starved to death in Antarctica this year

Only two Adélie penguin chicks out of a colony of 40,000 in Antarctica survived what researchers are calling a "catastrophic breeding event."

For the second time in four years, the Adélie penguins of Antarctica have suffered a devastating blow to their population. French researchers found the two surviving chicks on Petrels Island, Antarctica, and about 18,000 adult penguin pairs with their thousands of unhatched eggs and starved-to-death offspring.

Scientists are expected to call for a marine protected area in East Antarctica, where the birds live, to be established at the European Union and Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources meeting of 24 countries next week, the Guardian reported.

The deaths of the penguin chicks are being attributed to a large amount of sea ice — a phenomenon on the island during a time when sea ice is not always easy to come by, thanks to climate change. The ice forces the penguins to travel great distances to try and forage for food.

"For the moment, sea ice is increasing and this is a problem for this species as it pushes the feeding place — the sea ice edge — farther away from their nesting place," French National Center for Scientific Research scientist Yan Ropert-Coudert told the Guardian. "If it shrinks it would help but if it shrinks too much then the food chain they rely on may be impacted. Basically, as a creature of the sea ice they need an optimum sea-ice cover to thrive."

The Adélie penguin population is already in a dire situation. Some researchers have suggested that they may become extinct along the Antarctic Peninsula because of climate change, but other human-related dangers pose a threat as well.

"An MPA (marine protected area) will not remedy these changes but it could prevent further impacts that direct anthropogenic pressures, such as tourism and proposed fisheries, could bring," Ropert-Coudert said.

He and others are hopeful for the conservation possibilities that could come out of next week's EU and CCAMLR meeting. Last year, members agreed to create the world's largest marine protected area in Antarctica's Ross Sea and an effort to save East Antarctica's Adélie penguins could be next.

"Adélie penguins are one of the hardiest and most amazing animals on our planet," World Wildlife Fund's head of polar programs, Rod Downie, told the Guardian. "This devastating event contrasts with the image that many people might have of penguins. It's more like 'Tarantino does Happy Feet,' with dead penguin chicks strewn across a beach in Adélie Land."
  • Paulgro
    Many species are having problems because of climate change. In some cases extinct which is really a shame.
  • frances turkel
    ="Paulgro; I totally agree with you ....Species are die ing just like all the people that died this year iits awful!
    Bob Dack I love the Muscle ]kangaroos
  • Bob Dack
    The Uroplatus Gecko

• frances turkel
    "Bob Dack; yes I talk to my pooch!
  • Bob Dack
    The Strangest Parrot in the World | Modern Dinosaurs

• Bob Dack
    Good size reference it's in front of a 2x4

23kp7py5ihwcc7se.jpg
  • frances turkel
    ["Bob Dack I do not like spiders but, this pic is cool thanks for sharing.
  • Bob Dack

This is real, Leaf tailed Gecko -- looks like a baby dragon?

ot5t8a9rc6thxxue.jpg
  • frances turkel
    e="Bob Dack; Looks like some one from family
  • Bob Dack
    Why did the cougar cross the road,RCMP dashcam captures big cat during Banff traffic stop.

u18149n1d717n5xo.jpg
  • Donna
    Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...
  • Bob Dack
    Doo a Deer a Female Deer

mlv9w8lykcrupgbf.jpg
  • Bob Dack
    Here's a Canadian Pole Dancing Cub

14ma2at7f53mbanq.jpg
  • Bob Dack
    New Crossing

no48ysgjlj4wm9wn.jpg
  • Bob Dack
    We just got a New Bank Account

mgk64tptvfp5hh4g.jpeg
  • Bob Dack
    Meanwhile back at the tree

0tkbzd4d7zmrqbix.jpg
  • Bob Dack
    Scientists To Clone Prehistoric Giant Cave Lion?

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.