• J Zerbs
    Don't know why there are so many negative reviews on survey police. Some of the reviews say things that aren't true like PayPal isn't available, there is no way to contact customer service, you won't get any points (not even 5) for 90% of the surveys you try. Others I just don't get why the review is so negative a half star review said "I usually make 200 points a day in about 12 minutes on Univox". Don't get why you'd rank it so low if you're making $2 in 12 minutes. That's far better than any other survey site I ever used. Most pay nothing when you're disqualified and like 50 cents for a 15-20 minute survey or $1.00 for a 30-45 minute long one when you do complete one.
  • Syvynn
    Maybe we need some "real" reviews..
  • Donna
    I went to Survey Police and read the reviews as far back as July 2015. Didn't you leave a review for Univox since then? If you did, I didn't see it. Survey Police isn't still refusing reviews due to that contest fiasco, are they?
  • Krystyna
    It's been a while since I last checked SP but will go there today.
  • Krystyna
    That person that averages 200 points a day is able to make $ 50 a month then,so I don't understand his complain.
  • Donna
    I noticed that one, too.
  • Krystyna
    SP lifted that thing and now everybody can leave review.
  • godseeconomy
    I feel they were exaggerated reviews or some companies get their stuff to pose good reviews to boost their ratings. I take all such reviews with a pinch of salt. Can't see how one can earn $50/- monthly doing surveys.
  • bigdayqueen
    I don't check reviews because I go by how a survey company works for me. Univox has been fair, generally timely with payouts. They get glitches occasionally, mostly when they are updating the site. Not making a living from it, just a few extra bucks for fun money. And that's just what I want.
  • Donna
    I think $50 monthly can be done. I fact, I cashed out here for $25 on the 11th of July, and I'm about 50 points from cashing out again, which I will have by tomorrow. But that is with the help of winning contests and winning the Sweepstakes drawing. Otherwise, I qualify for so few surveys, it would take me forever to cash out here!
  • Donna
    I check the reviews, but also use my own judgement. Like said, I think some companies pay staff to leave good reviews, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if staff was also paid to leave bad reviews for other companies.
  • Syvynn
    I'm not the most successfull panel member by far but I have succeeded $50 a month here. Just this year I have cashed out over 50 for 3 of the 7 months. The highest for me being 90 and some change. Like said though, if it weren't for contests and winning the sweepstakes, I wouldn't cash out no where near that.
  • Donna
    You have been LUCKY with the Sweepstakes!!!
  • J Zerbs
    I could understand how someone who was averaging 200 points a day would post a negative review if it took them several hours to get the 200 points but not when it takes 12 minutes. Other survey sites I've tried you'd be lucky to make that in a hour.

You do have way better odds of winning the sweepstake contest vs. the surprize me because only members who complete a survey through the contest link are entered and it sems like most members don't do their surveys using the link.

I stopped doing my surveys through the link for a while but started using it again a few days ago.
  • Syvynn
    $12 just this week. I haven't completed a survey since Friday though, lucky streak is ending!

I did an Excel log of my day on Friday. In it, I recorded my survey number the points and LOI, where I screened out, points awarded, length of time it actually took, etc.

Then I tallied it all up.

Out of 31 surveys that was available to me for the whole 24 hours (10 of that I was sleeping)... I was able to complete 2 surveys which took 49 minutes combined (20 and 29 minutes).

The rest of the 29 surveys was a bust:

1 disappeared on a refresh
    3 redirected me to another survey or back to My Surveys
    so I had 26 surveys for 5 points (all took under 5 minutes of my time each (most mere seconds) - answering screeners and page loading times - the longest DQ was 18 pages long).

I made 470 points (130 for 5-pointers) and the amount of time it took was 88 minutes.

So if I take out the 49 minutes I was actually doing "paid" surveys... the amount of time it took to do 26 5-pointers was 39 minutes. Call me crazy BUT... $1.30 for 39 minutes of work is a little low on the totem pole. HOWEVER, that wasn't work - that was answering redundant questions about my age, gender, race, etc... so I call it even, not a lot of work for those 130 points, so not a lot of pay.

What miffs me is when I looked at my "survey information" part and I noticed I had the misfortune of a lot of redundant surveys. Air Purifiers (I don't have one and I didn't lie and say I did) Survey's was given to me FOUR times (they are 4 of my 5-pointers). Now, don't get me wrong I got 20 cents for my time, but it's aggravating to get the same ones over and over again.

The other miff was the 13 surveys that as soon as I clicked Take A Survey, I got a message saying I wasn't a fit, but got my 5 points. Those, yeah they take 0 minutes to do, I got .65 for my troubles, but that's aggravating too. It's like dangling something in front of someone and as soon as they reach for it, you pull it away. Disheartening!

So if that person did the 200 points for several hours, that's rough, but if they did it and it was like my day Friday (except for the completed) then I can feel the pain, yes it's 200 points but it's an aggravating two dollars.

But I wouldn't call Univox a scam just because some things around here are "aggravating".
  • J Zerbs
    They said on average everyday 200 points in 12 minutes, they must be eliminated right away on almost all their surveys to get that amount of points that quickly. Which can be frustrating but that's $10 a hour so it's not too bad.
    I was also disqualified from at least 4-5 surveys asking about air purifiers the other day.
  • J Zerbs
    $50 a month or more is done by a lot of members, the top member made $433.97 in June. 25 made over $200 last month and the 100th ranked member made $124.
  • Paulgro
    I'm a member of Survey Police but don't bother reading their reviews. I just post on the forum. Reviews really don't mean much of anything since some people will do well on surveys yet others do poorly so reviews don't mean much of anything.
  • J Zerbs
    I agree when it comes to online reviews you have to take them with a grain of salt. Especially reviews of survey sites because how many surveys you receive and qualify for are based on demographics. Univox has a low ranking on SP but I think it's the best survey site I've ever used and barely use any other sites anymore.
    I brought it up because I've been seeing members mention the negative reviews in comments on the shoutmix and surprize me/sweepstake contest page recently.
  • Debasmita
    Yes, I have also noticed that, a few days ago I tried to post a review but couldn't
  • godseeconomy
    I only do surveys from univox and none others. Only won once from sweepstake which as hugely surprizing for me as I thought that survey would only give me 60 pts or something like that and to get 300 on top of that was truly marvellous. I've only ever log into survey police once to give a positive review for univox. Besides, i'm busy at work, been asked to increase my hours to help out.
  • Paulgro
    I do surveys at a lot of different sites. My problem here is going through all those surveys before actually doing one. Yes you get 5 points when you get thrown out but when you do this on other sites the fingers get tired. So I have brought that up here. If I thought the place was real bad, I wouldn't come here at all. Maybe someone can help me because I really don't see the point of shoutmix. Maybe I'm using it wrong because the few times I tried to help there I don't know if it helped anyone or not.
  • J Zerbs
    I think shoutmix is nice to have, for some problems it's a lot quicker and easier to ask about on Shoutmix vs. sending Customer Service a message. The problem is most members don't scroll down to read previous posts and a few seem like they don't even read any.
  • Paulgro
    OK, then I'm not doing anything wrong. I wasn't sure if you got a notification or not so I guess it's not.
  • J Zerbs
    No you don't get a notification, and I'm sure you've helped some people on shoutmix. Sometimes people will thank you but most of the time on shoutmix they just never respond back (unless they have something negative to say)
  • Syvynn
    I would actually just prefer to have the ability to toggle shoutmix off/on when I want to. That way if I need help I can turn it on, and ask it... but other than that I can leave it off so I don't have to see the stupidity that goes on.
  • Paulgro
    I wasn't sure if I missed something or not. I guess I didn't. I have only helped twice since I'm still learning here my self but wondered if the people asking for help actually got it.
  • Donna
    The stupidity is the highlight of my day!
  • Syvynn
    Hope you weren't thinking I was meaning the legit ones. I wasn't! I was meaning the jerks on there that ask for help, get it, and then don't listen or complain about someone helping them. Or the ones that just post random things, or mean things, or just Hello and nothing else.

Sometimes it gives me a giggle, but most of the time it really makes me aggravated to no end. Fine line for me.
  • Ashok Bhatia
    Its not true some reviews are good but almost reviews status are from USA people.
    I am with univox from 2013 and as per my experience this is the best community site.

but i like to give univox a 88661u26osjkzuxf.jpg
  • frances turkel
    Ashok Bhatia but i like to give univox a five-star rating I totally agree with ASHOK BHATIA
    Love our community
  • Paulgro
    No what I was saying is I thought maybe I didn't understand how shoutmix worked because I could never find out if my helping actually got to the person that asked a question. I know what you mean because I have seen comments there that shouldn't be there but questions there should be a way to see if the person asking did get the help that was needed without having to scroll down who knows how many questions and answers.
  • Syvynn
    Well, what you're referring to is 90% of the time people just not being polite enough to say thank you for your help. As had said.
  • Paulgro
    I think they think we work here instead of just trying to help a fellow member so they feel they don't have to thank us. People will be people and they won't change for anyone.
  • Paulgro
    Not to change the subject but I still wonder why Univox stopped sending me email notification. I have everything checked off and I don't receive anything in email. I use to but not the last couple of weeks.
  • Syvynn
    There's no telling around here. I doubt they would even know how to fix it.
  • Paulgro
    Just weird that one day it was working and the next day it stopped. At least it is still working here on the site.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.