• Donna
    I just came over from doing a survey on another site. One of the first questions was "What is the highest degree or level of school that you have COMPLETED? Two of the choices were "Nursery School" and "Kindergarten".
  • Krystyna
    Hillarious,lol...
  • Donna
    Ok, I've got another one! Have any of you gotten the Sample Cube survey here on Univox, where one of the qualifiers asks if you are of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin, and the answer choices are High Cholesterol, Arthritis, Diabetes, Chronic Disease, Heart Disease, Other, or None of the Above?
    I didn't qualify. I don't think anyone will.
  • Krystyna
    Didn't get it ,not yet at least!,LOL.....
  • bigdayqueen
    Lol, I have seen that too. Just wondering how they expect a kindergarten kid to be able to read and write.
  • charsocal
    - Never have seen that one but I'm sure it will cross my path one day. How about," Have you ever been in an accident that resulted in your death." Sometimes I wonder how many people actually give the wrong answer, a lot I bet.
  • Krystyna
    Oh no,not again!Some of the questions in some surveys are just beyond me....So somebody was in a accident that resulted in that somebody's death yet they are asking such a questions,so silly.That's crazy and the people who write or compose surveys with q's like this must be already brain dead....
  • J Zerbs
    Some surveys are poorly written but have you been in a accident that resulted in your death is obviously a screening question to weed out those who aren't actually reading the surveys.
    What I've always found funny/stupid is the commercials I'll sometimes see on TV that'll be about a prescription drug that was recalled and say "did you or a loved one die after taking drug x? If so call this number, you may be eligible for a payment" I'm almost tempted to call and say yes I died after taking drug x how much am I in line to receive?
  • Krystyna
    Well,that tv commercial wasn't written for screening purpose....so stupid indeed.
  • J Zerbs
    Maybe I should of said seems like it'd be a screening question, with how poorly some surveys are written you never know it might not of actually been one.
  • J Zerbs
    I'd say most surveys are done well but there are some that are written poorly or some that ask the same questions over and over and over and over again. I think at least some if not most or all of the ones that ask the same question a bunch of times are doing so to use it as a screening method to see if the person is paying attention and answering the questions honestly. I understand why they would do this but it still can become annoying when you have to answer the same questions 10 times in a survey.
  • Syvynn
    Nothing I loathe more than a redundant bubble page. They are almost not worth the money. Plus they ALWAYS hide a secret question in there (if you're reading this select the 5th bubble from the left) or (if you're reading this - do not bubble anything in this row). The problem isn't that I'm not reading them it's that the page starts to blur after a little bit. All I can see are bubbles!!

That's why I like sites that do their own in-house survey's. Like One Poll, you can't cash out until you have 65$ (I've cashed out once and back to 17$ again) but it's Paypal. The questions are "sometimes" weird like who you'd have dinner with living or dead (checkboxes of people), but they are quick usually less than 5 minutes. They "Sometimes" ask the same questions but it's not so bad when you start a survey (or in this case a Poll survey) at 0% (there is a tracker bar of percent done) and each page click will take you up 5-20 percent... instead of 1%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 3% (by the way I loathe those too, last I checked you're either past 2 percent or you're still on the page. I guess they have 2.01 2,02 and 2.03 % and they just don't say it.)
  • Paulgro
    Those are questions to see if you're paying attention to the survey questions.
  • J Zerbs
    lol, Yeah I know that's why I said the same exact thing you did. Questions like that are screening questions to see if you're paying attention.
  • J Zerbs
    Just did a survey that asked do you live in California? The available answers were yes, no and unsure. Why have unsure as a option? Who doesn't know where they live.
  • Syvynn
    Someone with dementia?
  • J Zerbs
    true or a small child, I just don't think there's a need to have it as a option.
    I was eliminated immediately as I don't live in California. I've seen some members complain that they get surveys that they don't qualify for like this one was for me. Personally I don't mind too much, it took a few seconds for me to answer and got 5 points for being disqualified. I'll take 5 points for 5-10 seconds of my time.
  • Syvynn
    Yeah same here. I had it too. Have you gotten the ones where it asks you if you are a paint contractor, painter, drywaller, etc, etc, handyman, etc, etc. and there is no NONE? I just pick handyman because we are DIY, remodeled our entire home ourselves... but they should have a none there.
  • Paulgro
    I get that one at least once a week.
  • Donna
    Just had that one yesterday.
  • Stan
    Your question with those two school options if funny.
  • Krystyna
    Sometimes I'm getting surveys that in order to proceed they ask me to give my personal details,full name.address.phone # and email address.I don't feel comfortable and always decline which results in dq,which is fine;just got one like that few minutes ago.
  • Syvynn
    6x15xgg1tm7mm86y.png

Um, I DO have one. She'd 18, but she's my child.

There were 3 more questions that were just as STUPID as that one was, and it still sent me through to their survey. Weird.
  • charsocal
    - I think this question is uncalled for ( about death ). I mean, wonder if someone who was taking a survey and that just happened to a family member or someone close to them. I know I would feel sad, upset or really mad.
  • Paulgro
    I do the same since that is a 3rd party asking. The survey company knows your information but not the 3rd party which I feel is none of their business.
  • Donna
    I had a survey tonight that started out with the question "What is your birthday?" with just an empty box to type in. I didn't know whether I should type 10/31/1968 or October 31,1968 or maybe I should have answered that my birthday is the day I was born. Has anyone gotten this survey?
    I decided to type in 10/31/1968 and was immediately disqualified.
  • J Zerbs
    I've gotten ones that ask for my DOB and have a blank box but they usually explain how they want it, it'll show something like (e.g. 10/08/1986) next to the the question. I rarely will see ones that ask and don't explain what format they want it in and in those cases I put it in like you did. Some of these surveys make me wonder if they really have any intention of paying, it seems like some just want to get free info. I've had a few that have asked about who i was going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election and as soon as I answer their questions I'm eliminated. Or ones like mentioned where they want your info and as soon as I'd enter it I'd be eliminated without any further questions. It seemed suspicious so I "accidentally" misspelled my name a couple times, leaving out the J so my name was ustin or while typing too fast I hit the t before the s so it was Jutsin. Guess what I started to receive emails and even a couple pieces of physical mail with my name spelt that way.
  • godseeconomy
    they were meant to test your alertness/attentiveness. have you eaten a snow cone, have you eaten a melon whole, i would like to answer 'impossible' instead of 'no'
    I don't like samplecube surveys. univox has plenty of them!! ditch this partner, univox!!
  • J Zerbs
    Never seen have you ever eaten a snow cone but that's not a screening question, I'd imagine most people have eaten a snow cone before.
  • J Zerbs
    They must be called something different in the UK, maybe shaved ice or Hawaiian

2wuxta2h3opmxb4v.jpg
  • charsocal
    - It's not only on the surveycube it's on other sites as well. Yea, I know what they are trying to do, just a question that is in poor taste. My favorite is Do you own a flying carpet, or something like that.
  • Princess
    I saw one yesterday. "Most electronics are sold in stores. Three dogs jump over the fence. How many dogs jumped over the fence?"

I agree
    I disagree

I understand some questions are to make sure you're not a robot, but I just found it humourous.
  • Paulgro
    There must be a lot of bots out there since sites that never were paranoid sure are now with all the questions and now pictures.
  • godseeconomy
    Are these snow cones then? Well, I've learnt a new food today ! Thanks, J Zerbs.
  • Ashok Bhatia

they are looking for your alertness , its software based and also part of 3rd party property. i doing survey from last four years . the question u mentioned is not the stupid one . I faced a question many time like
    Choose which one is color.
    options are
    Mouse
    Horse
    Red
    Elephant etc

where as i feel its a part of survey starter to make you ready to go...............................
    :-|
  • charsocal
    - Yes I did get that one also about the birthday and did the samething as you did which I believe would be the correct way to answer. Sorry can't remember what happened after that, being disqualified or not.
  • Donna
    Now I've got a survey on my dashboard that is LOI: 15 minutes, Points: 0. Think I'll hurry and take that one. With my luck, that'll be the one I complete!
  • J Zerbs
    Me too luckily the quota was full for my demographic so I got 5 points for it.
  • Donna
    I was dq'd also! :)
  • smithonepa
    According to me, those questions are just to check you are paying attention or not. nothing else I am seeing in this question.
  • cjsenour
    I think that is one of the questions to see if you are paying attention
  • Nat M

"Squid the Griff "saw him last night, came on Australias Top 25 dogs. Labrador came Top Dog
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.