• J Zerbs
    Will never understand why people commit senseless acts like this one.
  • charsocal
    - Totally agree. Prayers to the family members and RIP to the deceased.
  • Paulgro
    Some people can't accept that other people aren't like them. Unfortunately these acts of violence will never stop.
  • Bob Dack
    I am not sure why any of these people who do these thing really know what they are doing it for???
    Some say they are doing it for Religious reasons!
    Some say they are doing it for Political Reasons!
    Some say they are doing it for Racists Reasons!
    Some say they are doing it for Sexual orientation Reason!
    Some say they are doing it for Economical Reasons!
    Some say they are doing it because they are Bullied!
    Some say they are doing it because they are the Bullies!
    Some say they are doing it because the are idiots or Crazies?

Me I tend to think some of these peoples are doing it to have their names go down in the history books or new in some way because they figure it is their only recourse to become famous because they have no other talent?
    You see when this happens the new coverage is enormous and they constantly talk about these Lunatics ,what they did,who they were,why they did it ,instead of what they should do is find some way to erase them from history.

But I'm just a person who is willing to live though history & these insane times?
    The say goes if you had a time machine would you go forward to the future or back to simpler times in the past!
    Back to the past sound pretty good right now because it is a fact that it exists?

TARDIS10.gif
  • charsocal
    - Well said. Mentally unstable is what I have always thought of about people like this. Such a shame this horrific problem is never going to end.
  • Krystyna
    It's the way of a world now,very scary and yet another tragedy happened,how sad this is.
  • J Zerbs
    It's pretty much always been the way of the world.
  • Kingalfred
    I'd have to go back intime..have lunch with the brat pack..Maralyn...Audrey Hepburn..Elvis dueting in the background with Frank...
  • godseeconomy
    Don't you think gun laws need changing in the States to avoid such wantonness killings?
  • Ashok Bhatia
    There may be some meaningless target. 1st i think there should be strict law for selling weapon. in US everyone can buy weapon at ease. Why all teenagers doing such activity . What about the world most strong society.
    i condemmed this act and request the law maker do their job save the innocent.
  • J Zerbs
    Gun laws are always a issue during elections, some want stricter gun laws, more thorough background checks and/or banning assault type guns like the one the shooter used. Then there's others that think the problem is that current gun laws are too strict already and making it harder for people to get guns will just make the problem worse.
  • Krystyna
    Reffering back to the way of world now:yes,crime was from the beginning of the world and will stay to the end but once upon a time there was no mass shootings/killings at schools,universities,meetings,cinemas,churches,work places etc.Now it seems that so many crazy people just go "postal" for any reason.
  • J Zerbs
    There was mass killings at places like those in the past going back hundreds and even thousands of years but not with the frequency there is now. Modern guns certainly make it easier to do than it was in the past and I also agree with bob dack that a lot of the people ( in addition to being mentally ill) that commit acts like these maybe just want to have their name remembered in history even if it is for something horrible.
  • Krystyna
    Oh yeah, and for the 40 virgins that they are promised......
  • Bob Dack
    I read this as a post from some native friends,Odd as it never came to mind when the News Media start spouting "Worst Ever"

Does the phrase disrespect the memory of the victims of the 19th century massacres?

Orlando worst shooting ever?
    What about Wounded Knee?

The claim that the Orlando shooting is the largest mass murder in U.S. history. Good questions that boil down to this: What about Wounded Knee and other massacres of Native Americans, particularly women and children?

The U.S. Cavalry opened fire on the Lakota Pine Ridge Reservation on December 29, 1890, killing 150 Lakota in a single incident after more and more land was taken from the rightful owners.

There were dozens of other massacres in which more innocent people were killed than then the number killed in Orlando.

So to be now "Politically correct" (I hate that term!)
    “Therefore, in service of native precision & history and what we may not know, what happened in Orlando on Sunday was the deadliest mass public shooting in "MODERN" U.S. history,”

Please no one take offense to this as it is pubic fact and history to boot!
  • charsocal
    No offense taken at all Bob. Even though I am not a history buff I did think the same thing about when it was also stated the " WORSE " My first thoughts were all the presidents that had been shot and killed and all of the school shootings, theaters, malls and again today at a WalMart ( forgot what state ) of course the list goes on and on and on. I didn't like the word worse being used as even one loss of life or the thousands on 911 are ALL the "WORSE"
  • Syvynn
    The news reports I have seen say Worst Mass Shooting in MODERN history.
  • J Zerbs
    All the ones I've seen also said the worst in modern history. In the reports I've seen/read by the worst they mean the number of people who were killed.
  • charsocal
    - Correct me if I am wrong please, but I thought it said in US history. So many news reports so it could have been said either way by now.
  • Syvynn
    Yes yes, Modern US History. I was spending too much time thinking if it was Shooting or Murder. Forgot the US part.
  • Bob Dack
    Sorry Guy, I was not meaning to incite a riot or debate about this,I was just sorta repeating what a few of my native friends had said about the headlines?
  • J Zerbs
    There's so many sources for news now days so it wouldn't surprise me if some of them said US history instead of modern history.

The 40 virgins thing ( or however many it is) doesn't apply to all the shooters in these incidents. One that comes to mind was the 2012 shooting in oak creek (which took place just a few miles from my house)
  • Paulgro
    Arizona where I am doesn't have gun laws at all. No checks at all. Want a gun then go buy one at any place that sells them including private sales among citizens. No permit for hidden guns. Assault weapons can also be bought BTW. It was written that there were more gun laws in the 1800's then there are now in AZ since we don't have any now. So now every day we hear about shootings and killings and everybody wonders why. Really sad times we live in and I'm tired about people saying they have a right to carry arms when that amendment was written because we were fighting a revolution which has been over for a few hundred years now.
  • Chris1955
    I agree with Bob Dack, all that is on the news now is about this guy's wife. she is giving interviews all over the place, what she knows or doesn't know. What does she think about this or that, I think all she wants is the fame of being married to this nut job. The whole thing is just sad
  • Catwoman
    I totally agree with u about being tired of hearing right to carry arms..it was written hundreds of years ago and that amendment needs to change fast..times have changed and unfortunately for the worse when it comes to gun violence...if no one had guns(especially assault weapons) there wouldn't be all these mass gun shootings!!! ..u would have a better chance of getting away from someone who is trying to physically kill u or even someone with a knife(atleast that can't kill many people at once or from a distance and that's bad enough!!!) ..this makes me sick because no one deserves to die this way just because some crazy person has the right to have a gun!!! ..i love my freedom but there are too many rights for the wrong reasons anymore!!! ..and I think that is terrible Arizona has no gun laws at all!!
  • Paulgro
    What is the big fuss about background checks or a waiting period any way? Is the NRA saying that they might lose a member or two if people have to wait and get a permit to carry a gun? I'm not a hunter but don't have a problem with people having a shot gun or single fire rifle to hunt for food, not trophy's. I will even agree with hand guns if people go through checks and a waiting period. But to own a rifle with a 50 or 100 round clip just isn't right. Those are made for killing people and nothing else. I was in the military and know what these can do. Look how many people that guy managed to kill with what he had. It just isn't right making believe it's OK to have those in peoples hands.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.