• Admin
    5bxjhbl24kbdt5h6.jpg

At times, online survey taking can be frustratingly time consuming. Over the years, survey designs have improved and have become more interactive, but it’s still not uncommon to experience fatigue when you’re faced with a seemingly endless list of questions that all require you to answer the same way.
    Although there’s a fine line between being efficient, and “speeding” through surveys, there are some things you can do to speed up your survey taking times in a legitimate fashion, without breaking any rules.
    What survey panels think of fast survey takers?
    To market researchers, people who take online surveys faster than average are known as “speeders”. Speeders are not looked kindly upon by market research companies. In fact, sometimes the data left by speeders is discarded, which can mean not getting compensated for a survey, or worse yet, being banned from a panel altogether.
    plrxdz628l0mih1x.jpg

How not to get caught speeding

There are a few things you can do to get away with spending less time taking online surveys.
    1. Speeders tend to give shorter answers to open-ended questions and complex questions, and sometimes even fully skip them! Don’t let this be you. Answer every question in detail, especially ones where you’re asked to type your answers into a box.
    2. Speeders tend to give inconsistent answers, that is, they answer one question one way, but then answer a similar question another way. If you’re going to complete a survey is less time than average, ensure that you’re actually reading the questions and are genuinely providing good quality answers.
    3. Improve your typing speeds. It’s not hard to see how this lends well to spending less time taking surveys. Using a physical keyboard will result in faster typing speeds, as on-screen typing is always slower and more prone to errors. So if you’re filling in a long survey, crank up your desktop and take it on there!
    4. Use form filling software such as Roboform, but be careful! Roboform is relatively simple form filler which will automatically fill in things like your name, address, etc., on a website. It can also “remember” usernames and passwords of websites so that you don’t have to. This simple piece of software is fairly benign, but more sophisticated tools exist that can check boxes for you and speed up the actual survey taking process. Avoid these at all costs, as they can often be detectable by the research company conducting the study.
    5. Ensure your browser software and plug-in are up to date. This sounds obvious, but it’s surprising how many people still use antiquated browsers to surf online. These can cause problems with surveys that are programmed using newer languages, so at a minimum, always ensure that your browser is current and that you have the latest edition of Flash installed. Having your internet browser crash in the middle of a survey is never a good scene.

Stay within the limits

A market researcher’s number one concern when administering a survey is data quality. Survey takers completing surveys quickly isn’t a concern in itself so much as the impact it has on their answers.
    Remember that researchers are aware that some people are naturally fast. But if your account fails other quality checks, your account may be flagged, or even banned. If the survey offers a particularly lucrative incentive, pay attention to how quickly you’re completing the survey, as these surveys may be monitored more closely.
    You never want to be in the fastest top 5-10% of survey takers, as these respondents will likely have their answers scrutinized more closely. One study showed that people who complete surveys more rapidly take almost half the time to complete a study than their non-speeding counterparts. Again, if you’re going to spend less time taking a survey, be reasonable about it and don’t allow your answers to become junk data. Otherwise, you risk your membership account being junked too.
    an2fbimi2dr9a84x.jpg
    PS- This article was originally published in Surveypolice
  • Krystyna
    Another great article.
  • Crafty501
    Great information admin. Often surveys will put in questions to identify those who don't read the questions and just tick boxes.
    If you are truly reading the questions then you have probably noticed a question like - check "very likely" or check the 4th box or similar statements to catch the few that just randomly check anything.
  • vivian alexander
    Crafty501 Seems like lately you see questions like that more often, I know I have done quite a few surveys with those type of questions,more so lately, also thanks for sharing Univox
  • Sarah GRANT
    thank you this is good to know
  • Crafty501

Often there are several of these types of questions in the same survey, so if people completing them come across one and think they can just then randomly complete the rest of the survey, they should think again.
  • Patrick Raymond
    Great advice, you should always provide full answers to open ended questions. People need to read all of the questions and answers before making a selection.
  • Ashok Bhatia
    hi admin good to see u in article.
    good information admin

but i think do not use robo form. somewhere in survey when software check your attention it create problem and over all in survey only personal and geographical information can be same. others can not be repeated.
  • Jules
    I dont know what a roboform is but ive come to terms with the fact I cant even cheat, (do the survey faster by answering a certain way).
    Last time i felt I hadn't put in enough effort my kitty got bitten by a possum, (a protected species that r in plague force ibn Melbourne)
    The time before, all the shops ran out of red wine, lol
  • alejandro
    Good information
  • Johnnie Jordan
    Inconsistent answers: Phrasing a question differently does often result in a different answer. Some times you ask question about something we don't know about or have given much thought to but after continuing and getting more info and having time to think about it we may give a different answer, or you may ask about something that happened a long time ago and we don't remember it right then but later in the survey we may remember.

form filling software such as Roboform: sometimes using it will get you dis qualified, especially on ipoll.com, they will let you finish the survey but after they check it you get dq'd.
  • godseeconomy
    I hate questions which only allow one ans e.g. Do you have children (of certain age) living at home? Do you have children (of certain age) not living at home. How about both situations applying in some households?
  • J Zerbs
    I've noticed that problem in some surveys, they should let you choose multiple options but only let you choose one. One I did the other day asked which of these do you own and listed TV, computer, smart phone, tablet and a bunch of other electronic devices but it would only let me choose one answer instead of being able to choose everything I own. I was eliminated because I could only choose one answer if I had been able to do it properly I might of qualified.
  • godseeconomy
    They need to design better questionnaires. Next time you chose another item and they'll turn round to say you not telling the truth. Most annoyingly untrue & frustrating through no fault of yours.
  • BHAWNA VARSHNEY
    Thanks for this valuable info
  • MarcoM
    Excellent, Thanks
  • Debasmita
    Good article
  • gracie1967
    yeah, I really like the questions they give you when they think you're not paying attention.X-)
  • Ashok Bhatia
    hi admin

great tips for us.

and Thanx
  • henutti
    thanks all good things to consider
  • aishawaseem
    thanks for sharing good tips ...very informative
  • Bobby Drye
    i dont really see the problem of using roboform if you just use it for the basic info like age,sex,married and so on.
  • margaretjulia
    Interesting advice - thank you
  • lilkekeezy
    good information to know
  • Estella Caradine
    Thank You! This is very good advice.
  • Mary S
    Great article. Sometimes I wonderful if I am taking too long. Well I guess that is not possible.
  • Mary S
    I so agree. That information was given when you registered. If there are any changes, that what updates are for.
  • frances turkel
    Admin Thank you for the helpful information on how do complete survey's quicker..I personally like doing survey's and I don't mind the time it takes ...if I had to go out of my apt. to a job on the books I'd still be work and more then likely I wouldn't be learning and doing what I like and I wouldn't have our community thank you again....
  • curtiselrod
    great info. THANK YOU!
  • Michele
    Thanks for the tips admin!
  • Admin
    Thanks everyone for liking our blog, we are happy it has found to be helpful for you all, We will keep posting more such post to keep you all informed. Thanks :)
  • Ghulam Dastagir
    Great advice, you should always provide full answers to open ended questions. People need to read all of the questions and answers before making a selection.
  • Admin
    Sure Sir,we are happy that you liked our blog and found it useful. Surveys are client specific so any modification would not be possible at our end.
  • carolyn
    Great info to know !
  • Admin
    great that you like the articles, we hope that you keep your knowledge intact while taking surveys :D .. thats joke apart.. thanks and have a great day...
  • Marilyn Barber
    I love taking surveys. Sometimes it is time comsuming but alot of them are fun
  • Admin
    thanks, yes at times its lengthy and repetitive but its fun too. this aricle will help to take the surveys in a more fruitful and right way. thanks
  • Bobby Drye
    about the RoboForm. I haven't tried and im not going too, is use it for something other than the basic questions like age, sex, where I I live etc. as a matter of fact I see no way to use it other than the basic stuff. a lot of people like me have a lot of trouble with their fingers/hands, arthritis and so forth, so that little bit of less typing helps a lot. the thing about not being too fast is when you get trapped by a lot of these surveys where it tells you that it is going to take 15 minutes to do a survey and then it winds up being an hour or more, which happened to me the other day. well then you are penalized for taking your time. on that matter of not giving the same answers on a question that was previously asked, it does get tricky when they ask a certain question that they have already asked, but in a different way. most of the time it is not quite clear on how to answer it quite right. again if its along survey you do lose track of things really easy. they do have to realize that some people are fast readers, like me. and the stuff I read does stick with me. so its not a matter of speeding just to get thru that particular survey as fast as I can. like you said admin. 1st and foremost is be honest in all answers when you have it clearly in front of you.
  • Rosie
    Sorry Admin but you are wrong for the most part concerning RoboForm.
    Your average legitimate survey site WILL NOT ALLOW the use of RoboForm or any app like it.
    You WILL be dropped from the site if they know you're using it.
    Although it is the perfect vehicle for people with any kind of problem typing, it is considered cheating by most sites. I researched this thoroughly so I know it is true. I am a new member here and this is the only site that I know of that suggest using auto-fill. Thanks for allowing me to join your site
  • Admin
    Welcome to our community, yes you are right Roboform is unethical and wrong,and definitely technologically we try our bit to combat the situation, but we can not deny the fact that there are people smarter than we think, thats why so many chaos in cyber world. So the above article is just an piece of an information we have tried to preach our users. There are no issues for the genuine users for rest it will alert them. Thanks have a good day. :)
  • Krishna Rao Gowd
    It's always good to know the pitfalls in the path we have chosen. Pay attention! If you understand a question in it's letter and spirit, you are very unlikely to miss the right answer.
  • Mohan88
    Good article
  • Rajani
    Very informative article for the new members..thanks.
  • Admin
    Thankyou welcome aboard. have a good time..
  • Michelle Fajardo
    Nice, thanks for sharing
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Univox Community!

Hello Members!
Welcome to Univox Community Forum. This forum has been created so that you can exchange ideas, converse and interact with Univox Community. Please keep your posts relevant to the forum category. Please do not use the forum for promotion or advertising. Irrelevant messages will be deleted straight away. Feel free to share your feedback.